Pomona Golf & Country Club

The Pomona Golf Course is a nine-hole, public course nestled in the wilderness of Southern New Jersey. The flat, wide course is geared more towards beginners so experienced golfers might not get much besides light practice on this course. Pomona Golf Course is also located minutes away from casinos and entertainment. The course plays to a par of 32 with 2,426 yards at the longest tees. Detailed directions are needed since the golf course is somewhat hard to find if you are not familiar with the area since there are no signs of how to get there along the roads. Credit cards aren't accepted either, cash only.
Pomona Golf Course

Year Built 1943

Driving Range Yes - 20 tees driving range

Credit Cards Accepted No

Don’t expect Augusta

Tee boxes were temporary but when they do open the reg tea boxes they will be pristine. Greens were in pretty good shape but fairways were like playing in an average field.. I didn’t expect much when I booked so I wasn’t disappointed. Because they have a mix of walkers and riders pace of play can be a problem especially when the foursome in front of you doesn’t allow a 2 person cart to play through so you have to skip the hole and go around them.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 10/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Pomona Golf & Country Club, in the Atlantic County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 09/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Great condition

Course was in great shape. Greens are small and fast, so be precise with your approach shot. No water, but plenty of sand and trees. Challenging but fun! Played 18 in a little over 3 hrs as a twosome

Great course for price but odd maintenance

I’ve played here about 15 or so times in the last three months. This place is great for beginners and people Learning to play the game. I’ll continue to go here and I’m very pleased with the course. I just have one issue. The maintenance of the course isn’t done before tee times start. The grass is being mowed and there are large sprinklers being set up while we play. I don’t understand why this can’t be done before and after golfers arrive. That being said the course is well thought out and challenging enough for people to practice and get better. This is my go to spot! But mowe the lawn before we get there!

Fine Course and Good Conditions

We enjoyed playing this course but it was very hot that day. Nonetheless, we were able to finish in good time because it wasn't crowded. The only downside was the disproportionate difference between men's and women's pars-- 68 for men, 76 for women. The wife and I always play friendly competition, so we readjusted the pars to suit our needs. No big deal.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello Pedro, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Pomona Golf & Country Club. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Easy going

Great course if you're a beginner or just want to play a quick 9.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 07/02/2018:

Found this course to have been greatly improved. I understand they had some insect problems in the past. These have been corrected and the fairway and greens are greatly improved.

Pomona

Great value, good place for a quick practice round. The nicest staff around!..

Not my cup of tee

I was in the area so I stopped in. Any resemblance between this place and a golf course are purely coincidental . 9 holes super short, your supposed to play it twice. No thanks 9 was enough for me. The greens were really nice I was surprised. It must be because the people who play here never get on the green to use them. This place is perfect for golfers who just started, ladies, seniors, kids, but I wouldn't call it golf.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Pomona Golf & Country Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

After dropping wife

If you need to kill a few hours while in the area for example wife goes to Smithville to shop, I go to Pomona to work on game. Never heard anything about this place I found it a nice layout and a good place to work some of the kinks out. Seems like one just shows up, forks over a few bucks and away you go. One other thing, the carts got the best seats ever. I'll be back when in the area.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello Mike, thank you for reviewing our course, Pomona Golf & Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Pomona, New Jersey area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

AWESOME 9 HOLE COURSE

COURSE IS IN GREAT CONDITION. WONDERFUL FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS WITH A GREAT 19th HOLE SERVING DELICIOUS FOOD AND DRINK!

You Gotta LOVE This Place

A group of us discovered this place about 4 years ago. we play there just about every weekend.

We LOVE the place, It may be small, but Great Things DO come in small packages.

Yes, the yardages are short, but the layout will challenge you every time. You can play with every club in the bag or only play with three.

The 8th hole has to be the most challenging right behind the 5th.

And of course you have to stop back in for Some Great Food. I highly recommend the Chicken Salad Sandwich, if not a Jumbo Dog.

Greens

Great greens/ fast when we played

Pace was fantastic

Highly recommend this course. Awesome value, great pace of play.

Nice little course

Nice little course that you have to play at least once. 9 holes, play twice for 18. Most tee boxes were ok, although some were overgrown and needed some trimming. Greens are small, but pretty slow, and bumpy in spots. Most holes are short, but there are some tight doglegs and narrow fairways. Even at $15.49 after taxes and fees for 18 holes with a cart, I think it's a bit overpriced, but I don't mind supporting the local folks. I might play again.

Response from Pomona Golf & Country Club on 04/27/2018:

WE LOVE THIS PLACE

My friends and I play here almost every weekend. We generally play only 9 holes then go into the club house and have a great lunch. Some of us are members so we have a ICE COLD DRAFT beer with the great group of people that go to this place. The staff is amazing and friendly. The food is also great although I always have a chilly dog.

If you are a great player or like me play this sport to hang with my buddy's and have fun this is the place.

Good place to go and Practic to tune up clubs that need work

No pressure just get out and enjoy the fantastic weather and play golf

Egg Harbor City, New Jersey