Type Municipal
Middle (W) 70 5397 yards 70.9 124
Forward 70 4725 yards 63.4 102
Forward (W) 70 4725 yards 67.3 115
Scorecard for East Orange
Back M: 67.1/120 W: 72.6/129 336 341 127 317 154 351 285 157 501 2569 502 328 340 157 426 310 473 219 363 3118 5687
Middle M: 65.7/112 W: 70.9/124 310 326 108 307 140 343 273 149 481 2437 486 318 330 144 406 293 442 202 339 2960 5397
Forward M: 63.4/102 W: 67.3/115 275 276 65 272 127 308 252 109 409 2093 471 292 300 124 369 262 392 144 278 2632 4725

Year Built 1926
Architect Tom Bendelow (1926) Stephen Kay (2015)

Clubs No

Bunker No
Pitching/Chipping Area No

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted

Commented On 07/15/2019

Thank you for visiting us at East Orange Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Large patches of dirt on many greens & fairways.
Poor signage. Pro shop too small.
They charged my credit card for total amt instead of charging each golfer individually.
Needs many large scale improvements.
The bar & restaurant was new & great

Commented On 07/18/2019

We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your golfing experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to grow & improve. We do invite you to continue this discussion offline if you reach out to us directly at the pro shop. We're glad you stayed to enjoy the restaurant.

Nice day

Course has improved since all the rain we’ve had. Overall was a good day.

Commented On 07/15/2019

We're glad you had a great day out on East Orange!

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hi 07109. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing East Orange Golf Course.

Decent course, great value

Made last minute tee time, cost was incredibly low with cart. Checked in, went right to first tee, no starter. Joined in on a 2some in front since there was a slow 4some ahead anyway. Made the 4hr round better to have company.
Course was about a 6 out of 10. Good doglegs, couple holes with bunkers right in front. Several areas under repair, few greens even had dead patches. On the plus side, the bunkers were great. Layout was fun and one par 3 was over 200 yards which will challenge anybody. Would recommend and play again.

Commented On 07/18/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the layout and the overall value of our golf course. We hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Commented On 07/17/2019

Thank you for your review, peteyd87. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Nice course, no staff

Maybe because it was July 3rd, but there was maybe 2 staff people on the whole course! No starter, we had to practically go to cart garage ourselves. It was a very hot and muggy day, plenty of water stations, but all were empty! Layout is good, course conditions were also good. We had fun but could have used water and some service.

Weird round

First the courses computers were down and could only accept cash. The greens were covered in sand, difficult to read and very quick.

Commented On 07/05/2019

We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your experience at the course as much as expected this time around. We will look into your concerns and hope to see you again soon.

Failed to meet expectations (which were low)

I played east orange quite a few times before it was renovated. Have not been back the past couple of years because the course is a 5 out of 10 and they charge more than other courses that have more character and better crowds (anything in somerset or union county) because they have to pay for their new clubhouse that no one actually cares about. I decided to try it out again because i moved about 8 minutes away earlier this year and saw a $25 golf now time. I had low expectations for the course because I know it is very short, isn't well cared for, and plays slow. But hey its a county course and I'm only paying 25 bucks so who cares. Everything about the course was what i remembered except for the pace, which was a little bit better than usual (because it was a 4pm round and no one was out there). What led to my negative review is that the course had no running water. I tried to fill my water bottle up at the clubhouse (sorry its closed), on multiple holes where there are jugs (empty empty empty empty), at the turn i asked the employee to help me out (nothing we can do, im also extremely lazy and going to continue laying down on this couch while a paying customer is asking for help). The worst was the snack shop where the kid told me he'd sell me water.

A few words of advice for east orange: (1) you should never not be able to fill up your water at a course, that's extortion to force someone to pay, (2) you probably should start taking care of your course if you want people to pay 50+ a round, your course right now is barely worth the 25 i paid, (3) if you want customers that fix ball marks / divots / etc, then maybe step things up a bit. You spent all that money on the clubhouse to waste it with horrible employees and bad conditions. Waste of taxpayer money.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Happy

Been playing there for 10-12 years. Never had any problems at all. Great value for the price. Staff is always very friendly. Nice lounge area and great food.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars! We appreciate your loyalty to East Orange over the past several years. We look forward to your next round with us soon!

Rained out

1:20 tee time after a lot of rain early morning. Perhaps Golf Now or the Course could email an Alert that course closed?!?! The reservation was cancelled automatically due to course closure so that function appreciated. Played course in past and love it. Nice job on Clubhouse and restaurant and staff is great. Very good course for us 18 handicappers

Commented On 07/02/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars. We invite you to contact GolfNow support to take care of your tee time.

Great day to play

Overcast and cloudy and only 12 people on the course, including my foursome.

Commented On 07/18/2019

We're glad you had a great, easygoing round with us!

Great

We had a great round at this course. Pace was fast, conditions were good after heavy rain the day before, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. They also have a good practice area and a full restaurant along with a grill at the turn. Exactly what we have been looking for.

As expected for a public course

Played on a Wednesday afternoon/evening not ridiculously busy, no starter but it appears everyone knows how in general to either start the front or back nine without creating a traffic jam, decently kept, some drainage issues that are easily avoidable, definetly would play again.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Thank you for the 4-star review! We look forward to seeing you out here again soon.

A Bargain on Easter!!!

It was great-there was nobody here because it was Easter. Weather was perfect-snacks in the bar were great afterwards. If this course had drainage it would be amazing. But for 20 bucks? Can’t go wrong.

Commented On 04/30/2019

We're glad you had a pleasant Easter out on the course! We're glad you found value in our course.

Friendly staff

Staff is extremely friendly. Course does not drain well so there are lots of muddy spots. Lots of beginners so play can be slow at times but overall this is an easy course at a reasonable price.
I would go back again.

Rough shape

While the course layout is interesting and makes for a good round the conditions of the turf were among the worst I've ever seen. There was just no give to the turf and the it seemed like mostly crabgrass especially around the greens. Very frustrating.

It may just be that the good turf hasn't grown in yet or the time ofyear but I will avoid this course for a while.

Don’t expect much

Fun on a nice day early in the season to get out for $30 with friends. Have played here for a few years. Last year seemed to make progress in terms of course conditions. Today was a big step backwards

Short Hills, New Jersey