East Orange Golf Course

Clubs: No

Pitching/chipping area: No
Practice bunker: No

Credit cards accepted: All major credit cards accepted

Back (W) 70 5687 yards 72.6 129
Back 70 5687 yards 67.1 120
Middle 70 5397 yards 65.7 112
Middle (W) 70 5397 yards 70.9 124
Forward 70 4725 yards 63.4 102
Forward (W) 70 4725 yards 67.3 115

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals walkers beginners   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens

"Wonderful Course, Starter Needed"

Max8794132's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2018

Love playing here. Wonderful course for weekend golfers and amateurs. However, there is rarely a starter and things can get hectic at the start (not enough carts, who is with who, etc.).

Overall, enjoy the course very much and well maintained.

"Value for your money"

pep333's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The best about this course is that is very inexpensive and very well maintained. There are a couple of greens that aren't perfect, but you can play them perfectly. Is pretty flat but still not easy. The pace is good, you can finish 18 holes in 3 hours, however sometimes you can find a slow group in front.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 07/13/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving East Orange Golf Course a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon!

"Sooo slow"

dhs1015's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Took over 5 hours to play a course under 5k..... ridiculous

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 07/09/2018:

Hello, We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Much improved"

IraSez's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018
Previously played Walked Hot weather

This is a course that I have avoided for years despite the fact that I live about 5 minutes away, mainly because the conditions were pretty bad. Happy to report that the course is much improved - good tees, greens in really good shape, sand in the traps, fairways that no longer overgrown (but still some serious drainage issues on a few holes).

2 issues. First, I arrived for my 7:40 AM tee time at 7:05 to find a line outside the pro shop because it was not yet open. If you had an early tee time and wanted to warm up with a bucket, that was no longer an option. Pro shop needs to be open before the first tee time, not after.

As for the course itself, it is what it is - short, which is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are an average golfer, the par 4s are tee shot and a short iron as most are 350 or under. 2 of the par 5s are close to being reachable with 2 good shots, overall the course is not challenging but still fun to play.

The best part is we played in under 4 hours, the value is good, and the course is very convenient. After avoiding East Orange for years, I would go back.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 07/09/2018:

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will address your comments with our management team about opening up before the first tee time. But we are glad to have you back and we'll see you out on the golf course.

Dizzmar's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/21/2018:

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize for falling short on your expectations. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

"Love the vibe and course"

Kathy5848363's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

This very diverse golf course is friendlier than anyone. They learned who I was by name early on that counts for a lot. The course is chellenging and the pace excellent except on rare occasions. I love the club house bar and restaurant. I want them to succeed and today seemed like they were doing just that. This is an unconventional golf course.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/20/2018:

Hi Kathy, Thank you for leaving East Orange Golf Course an amazing 5-star rating. We applaud you for taking on a challenge. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

"New Layout baffles GPS and Sandy Balls Abound"

Cathleen5803772's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

This was the first time I have played this course after it’s major renovation. The first obstacle my playing partner and I encountered was that our (different manufacturers) golfing GPS systems were not reporting accurate information. Hers kept saying it was on Hole 4 for many of the holes, no matter which hole we were on and mine registered different hole numbers and incorrect distances to the holes. We’re going to have to see if we need to update our systems to get the correct distances for the new layout.

The course was in good condition except for the fact that every green was very sandy. Every ball that landed on a green would be covered in sand and when they rolled there would be a band of sand on the part of the ball that touched the ground. The sandy conditions led to sandy clubs, balls, gloves, hands and towels. It did drizzle a little while we were playing so that may have made the situation worse, but we encountered this problem even before it began raining .

Hopefully these issues will be worked out and my next visit will let me recommend the course to others.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/18/2018:

Hi Cathleen, We would like to apologize for sand being on the course and the GPS system. We will address your comments with our management team. In order to make improvements. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

"Way better this time around"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

I played this course last year and vowed to never visit again. However, this year there was a good deal on golf now and I decided to try it again. Thankfully I did because it was a totally different course! The fairways were great the greens were in good shape only problem I could see was in the rough in a few spots. I would definitely come back for the reduced rate at golf now again.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/18/2018:

Hello, Thank you for giving us another chance. We're glad we were able to redeem ourselves. Golf Now always has great hot deals going on. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hirschh's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/14/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Eat Orange Golf Course a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear that you loved our course conditions and value for the money. Thank you for your business. Come back and see us again soon.

"Slow Start, Great Round"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Second time playing EO in two years (a Saturday and the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend respectively.) Course and range are very nice and well maintained. Both times I have played, the starter situation has been a mess. This time when our foursome tee time came up (10:50), there were no more golf carts available. This created a huge bottleneck for us and all behind us. We had to wait for people to come off of 18 to get carts. This took roughly 35 minutes. Annoying, and the folks behind us were frustrated for sure. If EO can figure out the start situation and add carts they would be good to go. This place is brand new and public so it attracts many local golfers. Why not meet the demands of the course with enough golf carts to go round?

"Course is good but retains water."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018
Previously played Walked Wet weather Verified Purchaser

I've played here before. Its a nice walking course (a few small hills). Problem today was the week of rain we had before. One day is not enough to dry out. A lot of mud and casual water. Not the courses fault but always wait a couple of days after a good soaking.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/14/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. The weather wasn't in our favor that week. Please come back and visit us when the weather clears. Thank you for your business.

Jdm2277's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/11/2018:

Hi, We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

07109's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/07/2018:

Hello, We appreciate you leaving East Orange Golf Course a 4-star rating and review. Remember to book your next round with us soon.

"Pleasantly Surprised"

loulorenzo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Gentleman behind the counter that checked us in was very friendly, courteous and helpful. Had never played this course, had been told by friends in the past that course needed work. My friends need to revisit this course. You can see that a lot of money and effort has been been put into this course. It is absolutely beautiful. Course is well maintained, greens are in great shape. The only thing I would improve on is the maintenance of cart paths, need to fill mud holes with stone or gravel. Day before I played had rained, carts were pretty well covered with mud. Hopefully these items will be addressed. Can't wait to play again..

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/07/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving East Orange Golf Club a 5-star rating. We do want to apologize for our cart paths and mud holes. We will address this with our management team. Thank you again for your business and remember to book your next round at East Orange Golf Club.

"Not even close to the ratings and stats on GN"

Chepegolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

It’s not 6100 yards or a rating of 79 as it says on the GN course details. It is about 5680 and the rating on the card is 67. Greens are extremely firm. I landed a 9i one yard short of the green and it rolled off the back. But strangely they weren’t rolling fast. They were just so firm they it was all but impossible to hold a green.

Groups were cutting in front of other groups. Interesting little course but not what we expected from the ratings and numbers provided by GN.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 06/07/2018:

Hello, We would like to thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for our firm greens. Please allow us to make up to you. Once again we do apologize and we hope to see you in near future.

"Course in great shape..."

Dhoffmann328's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Course in good shape..pace was fast with no holdups..

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 05/10/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for leaving East Orange Golf Course a 4-star rating. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our golf course. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next tee time with East Orange Golf Course.

"Terrific Course for Moderate to High Handicap"

jamcg5's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Enjoyed playing - took 4 hours. Played with my son and another guy.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 05/09/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for leaving East Orange Golf Course a 4-star rating. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed playing out the golf course with your son. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with East Orange Golf Course very soon.

"Not ready for prime time"

pknyc's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018
Previously played Walked Hot weather

It was a 90deg morning, hot and no breeze. Clubhouse is complete. Nice looking outside bar and seating area.

However... POOR amenities, even possibly dangerous for older players.

There was NO WATER OR SNACKS anywhere.

Despite a large prominent sign in the parking lot warning that outside food and beverages are FORBIDDEN.

What gives?

By the turn, I was out of water, getting dehydrated, fatigued. Looked for water inside by the pro shop, WATER BOTTLE WAS EMPTY by the register. Couldn't get water there.

The snack shop was CLOSED. NO WATER STATIONS ANYWHERE ON THE COURSE. Could not refill bottle anywhere.

WARNING: IF IT'S HOT, BRING 3-4 BOTTLES OF WATER AND FOOD, PAY NO ATTENTION TO OUTSIDE FOOD FORBIDDEN SIGN, OR YOU MAY GET HEAT STROKE.

Also, BEVERAGE CARTS were parked by the clubhouse, empty.

No staff.

I think the staff have NO idea what golfers need.

IS THIS NORMAL FOR A THURSDAY?!

As far as the course goes, it's fie for $25/ round, but not $45. They have water drainage issue. Spots in fairways and rough is like small swamps, wet, soft, muddy. Green average speed. Some burned out greens (despite it being May 3, and you'd think they wouldn't be that bad so early in the year).

Will skip this next time I'm thinking of playing here. I always give it one chance each year.

The place isn't ready for prime time.

"Nice, little course for the price"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

I decided to play this course after seeing its offer on a Hot Deal. For the price, this course was great. It is a shorter course, and a par 70, but I had a nice time playing here. The course was in solid condition, and I was pleasantly surprised how well the greens were rolling (save a few mangled ones) for this early in the season. There doesn't seem to be a starter or rangers at this course so I can see rate of play being an issue on crowded days, however I was able to complete my round in just under 4 hours.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 05/18/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. GolfNow has great Hot Deals. Book your next round here https://bit.ly/2IOhzSd. We try our very best to keep our greens in good maintenance. Thank you again for your business.

"Fine"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Weather was bad so course was mostly empty. Lots of wide open fairways, great for beginners. Nothing was open for a quick snack. Some greens in rough shape. Well worth it at the hot deal price, would play again at that rate.

Response from East Orange Golf Course on 04/19/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for providing for your feedback. Unfortunately, the weather is something out of our control. We do hope you book another round with us soon.