Beckett Golf Club

Tees

Blue 71 6025 yards N/A N/A
White 71 5804 yards N/A N/A
Red 71 5372 yards N/A N/A

Location is in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors   Challenges include thick rough

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Response from Beckett Country Club on 04/11/2018:

<br/> We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars.Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

u000006812076's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

Response from Beckett Country Club on 04/11/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2018

Response from Beckett Country Club on 03/29/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

"Beckett"

rladder187's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Played on a warm Sunday morning. Greeted by a frost delay, but the temperature warmed up quickly. Staff was more than helpful with providing directions to a diner. Started the round at 9:30 am. Only a few people on the course. Lots of tree damage from the recent storms. Greens were winter in mode still but playable.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 03/26/2018:

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your patience regarding the course conditions as the recent storm did a lot of damage. Thank you for coming out and we hope you will give us another try come Spring.

"Pleasant surprise!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Despite the deluge the preceding week, the course was is decent shape. Standing water in obvious low spots, but an enjoyable time nevertheless. It's always a plus when you can play a round in February.!

Response from Beckett Country Club on 02/22/2018:

Thank you for the review, we are glad you were able to get out on the course this winter season. Thanks for coming out to see us and we hope to see you again once we transition into Spring!

"Good practice course"

ALAN8202607's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

I like this course for practicing. Pace of play great.

Price is good.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 12/01/2017:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the great review, please come back and see us again soon.

Jersey91's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

Haven’t played the course for about 8 years I was impressed !!!

Response from Beckett Country Club on 12/01/2017:

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so glad that you have noticed many of the changes at the course. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Wow, very surprised!"

u000001191623's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

I played this course YEARS ago and swore that I would never go back. It was a cow pasture and not even worth $10.00. I decided to give it another try this weekend after hearing about all the changes. I know Sean (the PGA Pro there) from previous places and have to say, he's done a good job with it. It still isn't an AWESOME track, but definitely much better than it was! We got a "hot deal" on GolfNow. My father and I teed off before a foursome(the starter advised we could have the tee ASAP and we should get out before the foursome). The pace of play was awesome, and we never saw a group ahead of us the whole day. The only complaint that I have is it's not clearly marked as to where the next tee box is. With the change from 27 to 18, he picked the best 18(19) for it. It was a good place for a little practice, but will definitely play from the blues next time. Good job Sean!!

Response from Beckett Country Club on 11/06/2017:

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you coming back to give us another try. We have been working hard on the course conditions with the new management and we are glad you have noticed many of these changes. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you a few more times before the golfing season is over.

mcsweirish's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2017

Not happy with the condition of the course. Some tee boxes were bad. Greens were

Response from Beckett Country Club on 11/21/2017:

Thank you for your honest review. We are working hard on the course conditions and we appreciate your patience as we work through some of these challenges. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future!

"Wreak it at Beckett"

Brothermike's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Played on recent Sunday afternoon and had the place pretty much to ourselves. Tees are level, fairways were cut, some bare spots but i don't mind rolling the ball onto some nearby grass,. small price to pay for a quick round of golf on a perfect fall weekend day. The greens were fine and the rough and fringe were playable. If you are looking for a place to work on your game or to introduce someone to golf, that is a decent price, this place is not bad. If you don't need the country club for the day treatment then this is a viable round of golf. at least for this time of year. I would hesitate to recommend if your free time is valuable and you require a higher quality course, not for the golf snob or the gambler who must play it where it lies. Almost forgot, where else can you play nineteen different holes of golf? I'll be back.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 10/31/2017:

Thank you for the recent review. It sounds like you enjoyed your round with us today and we hope that you will reconsider your 2-Star rating after your response. We appreciate you coming out to see us and hope you will play our wonderful 19th hole layout before the golfing season is over.

"Becket Golf Course"

Albert5829075's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

For the money this course is good for practicing on. Has an extra hole too, a 19th hole.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 10/03/2017:

Thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your day with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Good course, great pace of play"

Richod1959's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Nice older course. Could use some maintenance but easy to get around quickly.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 09/26/2017:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you coming out to see us and are glad you enjoyed your day with us!

"Much better than expected!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

This was the first time I played this course. I wasn't expecting much based on reviews I'd read over the past year. The course was in very good condition. Greens were in very good condition. The staff were really friendly and nice.. I had a good time and just regret I hadn't played this course sooner...what a hidden gem!

Response from Beckett Country Club on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking notice in many of the changes at the course over the past year. As we continue to work hard on improving the course we hope you will book your next round with us again soon.

ALAN8202607's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017

Response from Beckett Country Club on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you taking notice in many of the changes at the course thanks for coming out and we hope you will book your next round with us again soon.

"Dog track"

Allen1644799's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Other than adding a driving range there seems to be no interest in investing in maintenance and upkeep of the course. The reconfiguration of the once 27 hole course into a 19 hole course still is not uploaded on the GPS. No different than playing in a park!

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Beckett Country Club on 11/21/2017:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Course needs work, the locals are perfect"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I booked a weekend late morning round. Got there early to hit the range but the pro informed me there weren't any balls. He was nice enough to let me tee off almost an hour early.

The course has a lot of potential and I hope they get the patronage they need to get it together. Fairways were very patchy, greens were slow and some with weeds, bunkers were full of pebbles - things that can easily be fixed. There were a few pretty and challenging holes.

What stuck out to me the most were how friendly and courteous the local players were. I was playing by myself trying to get a quick round in and every group I played up on immediately offered to wave me through. One even spotted my ball, tended the pin, and gave me directions to the next hole. This is in stark contrast to a lot of the nicer clubs I've played where nobody knows how to act like a decent human.

Overall I had a great time, met a lot of nice golfers, and finished in about 3 hours. I would definitely return for another round.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 10/03/2017:

Thank you for the review, we are so glad you enjoyed your speedy round with us and that so many local golfers were so courteous. We appreciate you coming out and can't wait to have you back with us again in the near future.

"course has improved"

cardo1958's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

the course is in better shape and you can't beat the price.the staff was friendly but sometimes you get some older gentlemen who take their time and hold other golfers up. i think the course has really improved and even though some holes are easy, others aren't so much.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 08/22/2017:

Thank you for the review, we are so glad that you have noticed many of the improvements that we have put into the course. Can't wait to have you back with us in the near future!

"Good Bones"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017

I fell in love with the 10th hole. I didn't play it correctly, but it is beautifully layed out. Rolling upgrade side slope on several holes. The maintenance funding seems to be an issue. As in mowing, ground repair and manicure issues. We had a very nice time. It's got very good bones and some TLC would bring this gem back on the front page.

I did jump from the 10th hole to the adjacent 15th hole. The 11th hole is located down the road a piece, then after 14th back up the road a piece, We played the lost holes after 18 and the staff was very accommodating

Response from Beckett Country Club on 08/22/2017:

Thank you for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your round with us. We are working hard on the course conditions and we appreciate your patience as we work through some of these challenges. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future!

"Don't have expectations"

Miles6567015's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

You can probably play as many holes as you'd like, but it's in really bad shape. Don't bring the Pro-Vs.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Thank you for the honest review as we continue to work on the overall course conditions. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"Interesting bones"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

The summer heat and under resourced staff make it hard to see the great bones that define the challenging well designed layout for most, but not all f the holes. Careful to go from #10 to #11 (we went the wrong way). The mgmt was friendly and let us replay the holes we missed NP. Carts are electric and new. I really like the old holes. 27 holes have been honed down to 18. A mixed bag with a few outstanding topography

Response from Beckett Country Club on 08/08/2017:

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the review and are glad you are seeing the changes to the course. We have been working slowly on improving the overall course facility and we hope to see you again soon.