Westwood Golf Club

Year Built 1962
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Horace W. Smith

Dress code No jeans, tank tops, or t-shirts.

I

Course getting a lot better , great greens. Friendly staff.

Commented on 01/17/2020

u725327860, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club.

Great Value; No a Leaves!

Only 1 hole under repair; but the entire course was in great shape did the winter. No leaves on the interior wooded areas’nn

Windy Sunday at Westwood

Considering the 30 MPH gusts and the “spotty” wet areas, for the date of tee time, it was a pretty good time.
If the course is reading this review, PLEASE keep the location of the 12th tee box for the White markers. Most of us recreational golfers like a choice, fade or draw without getting into danger. The “old” location punishes you if you fade (or slice) off the tee.

All said, we had a good time out on the course.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you for your review, Albert5829075. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Always in good condition

Westwood is always in great shape. It's an old course and they know how to take care of it. Has a good layout combination of short and long holes. Most of the short par 4s can be reached in 1 if you have the nerve and can accurately bend your shots. Long par 4s can be reached in 2. And par 5s all take 3 good shots. They have a few difficult par 3s as well. The course requires a good deal of accuracy. Pace of play here is usually a little slow as it enjoyed by many golfers. My only con is that hole 7, a long par 4 is closed for repair. But that's how they keep the course in its great condition. I guess I cant really fault them for that. A temporary par 3 hole is be used in its place.

Not bad for New Years Eve

Play this course a decent amount yearly and was pleasantly surprised by the course conditions, considering it was Dec 31 and it had rained the day before.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello, Chris7329157. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Westwood Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

3 1/2 stars

Can’t give it 3 1/2 stars but would if I could / great little course with lots of different holes - short, long, up, down, doglegs left & right - I enjoy it every time I play it / the conditions weren’t the best, considering it’s early December, but had a great day on the links - looking forward to playing it again next year, when the weather & course are better !

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your review, Chris7329157. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again during prime season.

First Impressions of a Late Fall Visit

Today marks my 96th round of the year and needless to say, I've played a lot of different courses this year. Unfortunately, my experience at many other public golf courses means I look for certain aspects when visiting a course for the first time.

Since we're already late into the fall my expectations for conditions today were already set a bit lower than what I'd hope to experience in the spring - early fall. That being said, I thought the tee boxes around the course were quite shaggy (which should be an easy thing to fix coming from a former assistant superintendent). Also, the majority of the putting greens on the course still had a moderate to heavy dew on them despite the fact that I started my round after 10 am today. This lead to inconsistent putting speeds and should be a maintenance issue that is address by either knocking the dew off with a hose, whip, or a backpack blower. The golf cart I was given also had a loosely attached club rain hood (a nice perk to have in rainy conditions) which rattled around endlessly while driving around the course.

On the positive side, the lady in the pro shop was friendly, and there were some interesting holes on the course. I also commend the maintenance staff for doing a good job with the leaves, as I don't recall having any issues at all with leaves today which says a lot because there are a ton of trees around the property.

Commented on 12/02/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Westwood Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

course was well maintain

Dave is doing a great job blowing the leaves of the course and Jennifer in the pro shop is outstanding

Commented on 11/26/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club.

Commented on 11/22/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Westwood Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great playability

First time playing here since the summer when the course got abused by the brutal summer conditions.
I must say there were hardly any brown or burnt spots throughout the course. Fairways were great as were the greens. The tee boxes were in much better shape.
It’s amazing what some rain and cooler weather does to repair a course.
Looking forward to being back here soon.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pace of play

3 of us went out to play on a day it was wet and misting. We caught up to 4 guys who were slow, putting it mildly. We teed off on one hole as they were leaving the green and heading to the next hole. We finished the hole and they had just finished teeing off. They were not playing ready golf and we waited a long time before we could tee off again. The ranger was watching them and came back and asked if we had a problem playing behind them because he would take us to the next hole ahead of them. We took him up on it and went to the hole ahead of them and he told us to come back and play this hole after we finished the 18th. It was a great gesture and made our game enjoyable

Commented on 11/01/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Westwood Golf Club!

Westwood

Greens and tees were in very good shape. Some holes had a very unique layout. Will play here again.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, u000004983522. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. You have rated us 3-stars but your comments suggest you enjoyed your round and our course conditions enough to come back. We encourage you to update your rating to a 4 or 5 stars, based on what your comments are. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club, we look forward to having you back :)

Commented on 10/16/2019

Great Round

Nice course. Shorter distance, but makes up for it with narrow fairways and blind greens. Very challenging par 3s

Only improvement would be tee boxes, but the summer has been unseasonably hot. Greens and fairways were in good shape

Would definitely play again

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for your review, pgonski. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Decent, but not great

Course would be very nice if it was in better condition. I have to give the benefit of the doubt because I believe they just aerated the greens. But tee boxes were poor and fairways were average. Pace of play was okay. I shot one of my better rounds at this course (it was the first time I played there) but I wouldn’t return for the price they’re asking. Paid $59 for almost 8:00am. Wouldn’t pay more than $35 to play there again

Commented on 09/11/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes to the course. Thanks for visiting Westwood Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

was showing wear/fairways/teeboxes/some greens

could tell that this summer was hard on this course...

Commented on 09/11/2019

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Westwood Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 09/11/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 2-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take two star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club.

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Westwood Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Bad shape

Course is not worth the money. You can spend $60 anywhere and you can get through a nice round under 5 hours and not deal with the conditions of the course.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Clementon, New Jersey
Williamstown, New Jersey

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.