Westwood Golf Club

Year Built 1962
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Horace W. Smith

Dress code No jeans, tank tops, or t-shirts.

staff very friendly

Great day but hot they need a cart person to roam course for drinks.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi u160349798. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We will pass this along to our team, Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club.

No bang for buck

On the above listed date I was a patron of the course. The conditions of the course I felt were not worth the 75$ I paid to play. On one fairway there were ant hills and it was if the entire fairway was infested.

Great Experience

Short yet challenging par 71 course. A lot of blind shots which makes it fun and interesting. Greens were very interesting yet rolled out very well which made it a challenge. Excited to come back and play again sometime in the future.

Consistently good.

Always well kept. Greens rough and fairways in nice shape. Shorter course with some unique challenges. Will definitely return.

Great condition

Course was in great condition. Well maintained and always fun place to play. Greens were rolling nice which gave it a nice challenge.

Not for $75

Let’s start with the positive. The clubhouse staff and rangers were excellent!! Pace of play amazing 3hrs on a Sunday morning!! The greens were really nice and challenging...in another month they will be great. This is where my review shifts....for $75 I’m expecting better conditions from tee to green. This is a great course for $45-$50. I am happy to be playing and did enjoy my time at this course...if I paid $50 I would feel better about it. Overall I was thankful to get an early morning tee time.

Greens great shape

Separate carts make for faster play and rangers all over course helping golfers. The price was great considering many have double there fees. Will play again next week.

Commented on 05/15/2020

u160349798, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, u314159327132. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u577052269. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club.

I

Course getting a lot better , great greens. Friendly staff.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi u725327860. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Westwood Golf Club!

Commented on 01/17/2020

u725327860, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club.

Great Value; No a Leaves!

Only 1 hole under repair; but the entire course was in great shape did the winter. No leaves on the interior wooded areas’nn

Commented on 02/04/2020

u000006276962, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (856) 845-2000. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hi u000006276962. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club.

Windy Sunday at Westwood

Considering the 30 MPH gusts and the “spotty” wet areas, for the date of tee time, it was a pretty good time.
If the course is reading this review, PLEASE keep the location of the 12th tee box for the White markers. Most of us recreational golfers like a choice, fade or draw without getting into danger. The “old” location punishes you if you fade (or slice) off the tee.

All said, we had a good time out on the course.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi Albert5829075. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you for your review, Albert5829075. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Dan2155638! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Westwood Golf Club!

Great golf course

Great golf course for the money,,, Many challenging holes... I play here 15 times a year and will continue

Commented on 04/07/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, jjbigblock! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rude Management

Will probably not be back at Westwood anytime soon. The younger guy running the pro shop decided to stick me in a foursome when I showed up as a single...when no one was there. This is the third time this guy has rubbed me wrong (last time gave me a cart that ran out of battery on the 6th hole, and was rude to my 63 yo dad when we checked in ). Whoever is the groundskeeper on this course should be commended. It’s a very nice course and fun to play. i have golfed at Westwood over 5-6 times but won’t be goin back. Management was completely disrespectful

Good cheap winter golf

Good cheap winter golf, it’s a short course made shorter by winter tee boxes. Course is in pretty good shape. Nothing available in terms of food in the club house until April.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi u099766309. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Westwood Golf Club!

Always in good condition

Westwood is always in great shape. It's an old course and they know how to take care of it. Has a good layout combination of short and long holes. Most of the short par 4s can be reached in 1 if you have the nerve and can accurately bend your shots. Long par 4s can be reached in 2. And par 5s all take 3 good shots. They have a few difficult par 3s as well. The course requires a good deal of accuracy. Pace of play here is usually a little slow as it enjoyed by many golfers. My only con is that hole 7, a long par 4 is closed for repair. But that's how they keep the course in its great condition. I guess I cant really fault them for that. A temporary par 3 hole is be used in its place.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi u318246173. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Westwood Golf Club!

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hi u318246173. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club.

Not bad for New Years Eve

Play this course a decent amount yearly and was pleasantly surprised by the course conditions, considering it was Dec 31 and it had rained the day before.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Westwood Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello, Chris7329157. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Westwood Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

3 1/2 stars

Can’t give it 3 1/2 stars but would if I could / great little course with lots of different holes - short, long, up, down, doglegs left & right - I enjoy it every time I play it / the conditions weren’t the best, considering it’s early December, but had a great day on the links - looking forward to playing it again next year, when the weather & course are better !

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi Chris7329157. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (856) 845-2000 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Westwood Golf Club!

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your review, Chris7329157. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Westwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again during prime season.

Sewell, New Jersey