Rockwind Community Links - Championship Course

Type Public/Municipal
Previously known as Ocotillo Park Golf Course.
Rockwind Community Links
Green (W) 72 6015 yards 73.4 134
Orange 72 5347 yards 64.5 111
Orange (W) 72 5347 yards 69.9 122
Turquoise 72 4102 yards 62.5 106
Scorecard for Rockwind Community Links
Gold M: 74.9/131 417 423 177 561 581 457 398 203 432 3649 164 409 443 402 573 245 484 143 591 3454 7103
Black M: 73.1/123 397 395 156 521 547 443 375 186 411 3431 131 394 420 376 526 225 466 122 525 3185 6616
green M: 70.7/121 357 364 137 491 530 396 330 167 363 3135 117 367 378 329 492 200 421 120 456 2880 6015
Orange M: 66.1/111 W: 67.1/113 323 316 106 451 472 378 295 151 325 2817 107 325 338 288 438 149 374 111 399 2529 5346
Turquoise M: 65.1/103 W: 66.1/105 241 234 87 330 353 254 217 97 247 2060 88 259 263 221 346 116 319 79 350 2041 4101

Year Built 2015
Fairways Blueegrass
Architect Andy Staples (2015)

Carts Yes - $16

Junior Golfers 8

Oasis

In the middle of the eastern New Mexico desert, Rockwind is a golf oasis -- great fairways and greens. It's not an easy course, especially if you haven't played it before because there are several holes where course knowledge is essential. Overall, it's one of the best public courses you're going to find.

Awesome course!!

Best course in the area. Well worth driving a few hours to play. Greens are big but fast and not a flat spot. Green year round.

Desert golf

This course has five tee boxes, therefore you can make it as challenging as you want. The greens are rolled and fast. Well stocked pro shop. The staff were all helpful and friendly.overall great golfing experience.

Nice Course

Very well maintained course with great greens. Fairly open design with, I think, is rye hybrid fairways. Very good practice facilities. Well worth playing.

My husband and I have played this course before. The staff is very friendly, we have a son with special needs who likes to ride in the golf cart with us and they were very understanding and helpful. The course was in very good shape and the greens were easy to read and rolled true. We found a hot deal on golf now and my husband and I played for $25.00 together. Our overall course experience was very good and will be back to play again. I rated the course good just because there were a couple of holes where we didn't know how the hole was laid out.

ONE LOOOOOOONG ROUND

Drove up for the day with a group of buddies from Odessa (hour and half drive). Clubhouse was very nice, large pro shop with good selection of gear. Driving range and practice facilities were nice, good grass, typical yellow practice balls. Overall the course was fun to play, quite difficult, fast greens with lots of slop and undulation, miss the fairway you had some trouble, waste areas need the most work on the course. The biggest drawback from our experience was the 5 HOURS & 42 MINUTES it took to play the course!!! It took the marshal 13 holes to finally get around to telling the two slow groups in front of us ( who were holding the entire course up). Which by then did no good. I hope they get their pace of play down to something more manageable like four and half hours max. Overall a great tract but with the pace of play myself and my golf group do not have plans on making it back anytime soon.

Awesome

This was a course I had been hearing about and was excited to finally play. There's no course around SE New Mexico/ West Texas that compares! Neat and unexpected layout (for this area especially). Good pace of play, great condition. Hobbs residents have a special course in Rockwind.

Mrs

The course is challenging and the staff is great. We play at least once a week.

High Plains Gem!

This course is more than an extremely great value. Being from back east I'm not used to the dry, flat, brownish high plains here. Rockwind is a beautiful gem of an oasis here in SouthEast New Mexico. For those travelling, it is a short drive from Hobbs Airport, and very close to the local racetrack/casino if you're into those kinda places. I was greeted by an extremely pleasant and professional staff when I walked in and not only did they welcome me to the course, but they welcomed me to Hobbs and accepted me as a new resident of the area. I hit balls on their excellent range at least 5 days per week and get in at least 9 holes of golf here every week. I am amazed by the quality and upkeep of their grass every time I step out of my vehicle. Rockwind would be a great accomplishment of service and maintenance no matter what part of the country, let alone here in Lea County, NM. Their beautiful scenery, lush fairways, and well kept greens are my only medicine for my homesickness this far from home. My only complaint would have to be the pace of play on the weekends. It's by no fault of the way the course is run, only that the price combined with the quality of the course is such an attraction. My fist time playing the course I called it quits after my first 9 holes took 3 hours to play. This was probably a product of a 3pm tee time on a Saturday with beautiful weather. On another occasion I was grouped into an 8am foursome and we had a great day. Just over 3hrs for 18holes. Be prepared to see lots of rabbits! I was able to get a picture from the #5 tee with no less than 12 rabbits in the frame! Also, don't pass up the chance to play their par 3 course. It is just as well maintained as their championship caliber course, and equally as fun.

Great course worth the drive

Great course, have played twice in horrible weather, hopefully the next time the weather will be good. drove 2 hours to play.

Best Course Around!!

I have played this course several times and it is always worth the hour drive to play.

Great Course for the Money

Great course amazing food friendly staff and a really fun time this course has it all.

Great golf course

Great golf course! The price is good and the staff is great. Very well maintained. This was my first time going and I will deffinately be going back again soon

Fantastic Experience

This course is kept in exceptionally good condition. It challenges all types of golfers. The green fees are very reasonable and low for such a wonderful course. The staff is helpful and friendly. The associated restaurant is unusually good for a public course. The professional staff are so helpful and the teaching pro is gathering new clients each day. I give this course my highest recommendation. A great experience at a low cost.

I've continue to be impressed with this golf course and cannot wait for it to mature. As it is, it rivals northern New Mexico courses, so I can't wait to see what it'll look like here in a few years.

Great Muni

Our home course is closed for remodeling so we are now the traveling golfers. Glad we found this one. Best municipal course I have played! Great grass for this area of the country. Greens are INSANE! We will be back. Well worth the 1.75 hour drive. Pace of play was slow...but not too bad for a muni.

Family Friendly

My wife and I have come to enjoy the redesign as a family friendly outing. My 20 month old loves being around the course. Course is the greenest place in Hobbs and Lea county. My son has been with me on the par 3 several times without problems or complaints. Meals at the club house are satisfying. A little slow so don't be in a hurry. Staff has been exemplary and friendly every time. I just hope my game gets as good as our new facility.

Very beautiful course, challenging and rewarding.

Beautiful

My husband and I are both fairly new to golf. Our public golf course at home is rough to say the least. We played a nice course in Clovis a few weeks back and my husband has been to several in Texas with his brother. We were so impressed with how beautiful Rockwind is, from the moment you pull into the parking lot to the time you leave. I am sad to see several of the golfers ahead of us didn't have proper etiquette (picking up your broken tees, replacing divots, etc.). The only thing I would ask is perhaps they have a "course etiquette enforcer" to drive around and make sure people are complying with course rules. Other than that, I was very challenged since I'm new but it wasn't so difficult that I didn't want to play.

Staff lacks customer service

I am terribly sorry that we interrupted the staff's day by having to wait on us for our team time. Seemed bothered that they had to come check us in. Course was great but customer service seems to be a lost art in this area of the country.

tanofun1
Commented On 04/11/2016

As the General Manager at Rockwind, I want to respond and apologize if you did not receive first class service. Customer service is a focus of our entire staff and I an saddened to hear that we were not at our best for your visit to Rockwind. I would like to offer a complimentary round on your next visit. Again, my sincere apologies.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019