1 reviews

Cree Meadows Golf Course
Blue (W) 71 5645 yards 70.9 117
Scorecard for Cree Meadows
Gold M: 67.7/107 W: 73.2/119 525 376 367 197 341 203 419 392 596 3416 276 281 418 104 315 324 348 140 352 2558 5974
Blue M: 66.1/106 W: 70.9/117 511 348 346 188 333 185 411 391 542 3255 269 264 385 96 300 288 334 128 326 2390 5645
White M: 62.3/94 W: 66.1/105 429 284 260 134 253 163 322 291 403 2539 262 207 369 88 279 260 326 112 257 2160 4699

Year Built 1947

Very poor conditions

This would be a very challenging short length course if it was in great condition. Every “fairway” was filled with flowering and dead dandelions. At least 1/2 had already flowered, gone to seed and the seed had blown away. The fairways hadn’t been cut at all. The greens look like they will have a chance at being good in a month or so. They had been cut but were still long and super slow. My living room carpet rolls as fast but rolls more true line. Bottom line, I will drive by and look at the condition of the course before I book my next round here.

Course maintenance

If you can keep it in the narrow mowed fairways, the course is very playable. However, for what ever reason, the first cut is NOT cut. The US Open would be proud! If you're not adept at hitting out of 3-4" grass and weeds, you're in trouble! I've played the course 4 times this year and enjoyed it, but it is a challenge if you miss right or left off the tee by 20 yds!

Always a good time

Greens are usually mowed a little higher, so expect slow greens; reason for this is little moisture received this season. Definitely not a reason to skip a round at CM, though. Great value for money, course always meets expectations.

Bad Service, horrible judgement!

I went to play Cree Meadows today and got to the pro shop at 5:05 and was told I could not play because the pro shop closed at 5:00.

Anthony Romero was rude. Sunset is at 8:15 allowing plenty of time to play at least 9 holes and maybe 18 depending on course traffic.

I have played this course many times over the last 35 years and 15 years in a row because it is cheap and fun to play.

Glad I did not play it today after looking a little closer at the course. Fairways were not mowed, and the putting green was over 1 inch of grass on it, so I could not even practice putting and chipping.

Will play other courses when in town as long as the course conditions is so bad and Anthony Romero is still employed.

pgaromes82
Commented On 08/01/2018

I was the pro in question. I may not have handled it the correct way but me nor anyone else deserved the treatment I got following our confrontation. Point of sale was already close, so there was no way to collect money from this individual. I close early mainly to protect the VOLUNTEER cart staff that I have closing my cart barn. I operate roughly around 95% volunteers inside proshop and carts due to financial constraints. Course conditions are a concern at times for sure due to again, financial constraints and lack of staff. We are priced lower than any course to compensate. In regards to the individual above, he acted inappropriately by using expletives towards me and flipping me off while banging on proshop window. I had a few individuals and restaurant staff observing this mans obscene behavior. I hope in the future we have the opportunity to extend our proshop hours and improve conditions to our course and community. I am by no means placing all blame on him because I should have handled the situation a little better and made better judgement on the matter. We are all human and make mistakes and would definitely welcome this individual back with a complimentary round of golf to let him know there are no hard feelings.

Way To Update

I've played the course before and wasn't very impressed. Now returning they have really updated the fairways and the greens were slow. Which at times happens.Overall looking really great.

Needs Water

My 1st time in Ruidoso and this was the 1st Course we played. This course is laid out beautifully, and they are watering it a lot, but it is definitely being challenged by the drought. The 17th hole made it worthwhile. I was disappointed with Golf Now, as neither of the promotion codes worked. I paid for the VIP membership, and would like to figure out how to get the discounts that were promised.

Very fair to players

The course has suffered from the severe drought in the region. As a result they have dropped their green fees about 50% recognizing the need to be fair to their consumers. They were very upfront about it. I would play here anytime! I also enjoyed the challenging layout which had some very challenging tree locations.

Nice course in the mountains of Ruidoso

Great golf experience for the beautiful setting in the mountain. Excellent value. Good customer service.

Memorable golf course in the mountains

The course layout is good for the average player. Nice memorable experience especially because of the deer that may show up on the course.

Plays Twice a year

Nice Course, Nice People, Nice Greens - but NEEDS TO BE MOWED

This is a nice, uncrowded public course in the middle of Ruidoso (very convenient location). The greens are in great shape - other than multiple un-fixed ballmarks (probably left by redneck Texans). I must have fixed 3-4 marks per hole - all of them fresh. The woman at the Pro Shop and the Cart Lady were really nice. Pace of play was wonderful. I played by myself and got around in about 2 hours 45 minutes on a cart.

The only thing marring this course is it seems like they just are NOT mowing the fairways and rough with any regularity. Even if I hit a slightly wayward shot (4-5 yards off fairway) I had a hard time finding the ball. I really am not into US Open style rough. And the fairways were so high you got very little roll.

Very nice course for the money.

The temperature was around 60 degrees and windy so there were very few on the course. Practically had it to ourselves. The course was in pretty good shape, especially the greens. Fairways were in fair shape but just coming out of winter some ground under repair would be expected. Overall we enjoyed the course and I would recommend it to visitors to Ruidoso, New Mexico.

jwfox
Commented On 08/05/2017

I seriously question these reviews. I have played or been on this course for a minimum of a month every year for the last four years. Either the people writing the reviews know nothing about golf and courses or they are employees. The cart paths are in terrible condition and the fairways are in the same condition. Lots of weeds, and bare spaces in between. Greens are uniform but slow, mountain style. Other courses in the area have much nicer greens, much faster. I hate to see reviews so mis-leading as these are. This would be a good course for those who golf seldom and the price should be no more than $30 a round. For the current green fee there are several other courses in the area much more worth the price of the green fee if you are truly a golfer.

Commented On 05/18/2017

Hi
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your last visit to our course. We appreciate your kind comments and hope you will visit us again soon.

Nice challenging course

This course was good for this early in the New Mexico spring and a nice challenge. The greens were firm but slower than expected. The staff was very courteous. I really enjoyed playing at Cree Meadows and the scenery is second to none.

Commented On 04/20/2017

Thanks for writing such a nice review. It's to hear you enjoyed our staff and your visit to the course. We hope you will stop by again soon.

Spring Break

Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Golf course was in good condition for this time of year. Pace of play was rather slow. Lots of golfers out because of excellent weather conditions and Spring Break. I would come back often.

Commented On 03/16/2017

Thanks for writing us such a nice review. It's great to hear you got to visit the course during our nice weather. We train our staff to be as welcoming as possible and it's good to hear you experienced that. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice mountain course

We were the first ones out so the pace of play was great! I was a little critical about the course condition, but because it is a mountain course it has a lot of wildlife walking on it. I would definitely play it again, I enjoyed the round a lot. The course has a lot of OB areas because it winds through a neighborhood.

Commented On 10/03/2016

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Cree Meadows. Thanks again and we hope we will see you again soon.

Cree Meadows

This is s good mountain course layout. The front nine is fairly long with wide fairways. Greens were in good condition. Back nine has tight fairways and is shorter. The fairways are in fair condition but needed mowing the day we played. To be fair it had rained a lot in the prior days and the may not have been able to mow. We will play there again.

Commented On 09/09/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our course. Thanks and we hope to see you soon!

Cree

This course has the meanest GM I have every met be careful and have a tetanus shot!

Commented On 08/30/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We aim to give our visitors the best customer service possible and we are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your visit. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future so we can make it up to you.

Ruidoso, New Mexico
Mescalero, New Mexico
Alto, New Mexico
Alto, New Mexico

Valid dates: May 28, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
This package includes overnight accommodations and two rounds of golf.
Gull Lake View Golf Club & Resort Senior Packages