Cree Meadows Golf Course
Blue (W) 71 5645 yards 70.9 117
Scorecard for Cree Meadows
Gold M: 67.7/107 W: 73.2/119 525 376 367 197 341 203 419 392 596 3416 276 281 418 104 315 324 348 140 352 2558 5974
Blue M: 66.1/106 W: 70.9/117 511 348 346 188 333 185 411 391 542 3255 269 264 385 96 300 288 334 128 326 2390 5645
White M: 62.3/94 W: 66.1/105 429 284 260 134 253 163 322 291 403 2539 262 207 369 88 279 260 326 112 257 2160 4699

Year Built 1947

Always a good time

Greens are usually mowed a little higher, so expect slow greens; reason for this is little moisture received this season. Definitely not a reason to skip a round at CM, though. Great value for money, course always meets expectations.
Course Layout Excellent

Bad Service, horrible judgement!

I went to play Cree Meadows today and got to the pro shop at 5:05 and was told I could not play because the pro shop closed at 5:00. Anthony Romero was rude. Sunset is at 8:15 allowing plenty of time to play at least 9 holes and maybe 18 depending on course traffic. I have played this course many times over the last 35 years and 15 years in a row because it is cheap and fun to play. Glad I did not play it today after looking a little closer at the course. Fairways were not mowed, and the putting green was over 1 inch of grass on it, so I could not even practice putting and chipping. Will play other courses when in town as long as the course conditions is so bad and Anthony Romero is still employed.
Course Conditions Poor
pgaromes82
Commented On 08/01/2018
I was the pro in question. I may not have handled it the correct way but me nor anyone else deserved the treatment I got following our confrontation. Point of sale was already close, so there was no way to collect money from this individual. I close early mainly to protect the VOLUNTEER cart staff that I have closing my cart barn. I operate roughly around 95% volunteers inside proshop and carts due to financial constraints. Course conditions are a concern at times for sure due to again, financial constraints and lack of staff. We are priced lower than any course to compensate. In regards to the individual above, he acted inappropriately by using expletives towards me and flipping me off while banging on proshop window. I had a few individuals and restaurant staff observing this mans obscene behavior. I hope in the future we have the opportunity to extend our proshop hours and improve conditions to our course and community. I am by no means placing all blame on him because I should have handled the situation a little better and made better judgement on the matter. We are all human and make mistakes and would definitely welcome this individual back with a complimentary round of golf to let him know there are no hard feelings.

Way To Update

I've played the course before and wasn't very impressed. Now returning they have really updated the fairways and the greens were slow. Which at times happens.Overall looking really great.
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Good

Needs Water

My 1st time in Ruidoso and this was the 1st Course we played. This course is laid out beautifully, and they are watering it a lot, but it is definitely being challenged by the drought. The 17th hole made it worthwhile. I was disappointed with Golf Now, as neither of the promotion codes worked. I paid for the VIP membership, and would like to figure out how to get the discounts that were promised.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average

Very fair to players

The course has suffered from the severe drought in the region. As a result they have dropped their green fees about 50% recognizing the need to be fair to their consumers. They were very upfront about it. I would play here anytime! I also enjoyed the challenging layout which had some very challenging tree locations.
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent

Nice course in the mountains of Ruidoso

Great golf experience for the beautiful setting in the mountain. Excellent value. Good customer service.
Course Layout Excellent

Memorable golf course in the mountains

The course layout is good for the average player. Nice memorable experience especially because of the deer that may show up on the course.
Course Layout Good
Plays Twice a year

Nice Course, Nice People, Nice Greens - but NEEDS TO BE MOWED

This is a nice, uncrowded public course in the middle of Ruidoso (very convenient location). The greens are in great shape - other than multiple un-fixed ballmarks (probably left by redneck Texans). I must have fixed 3-4 marks per hole - all of them fresh. The woman at the Pro Shop and the Cart Lady were really nice. Pace of play was wonderful. I played by myself and got around in about 2 hours 45 minutes on a cart. The only thing marring this course is it seems like they just are NOT mowing the fairways and rough with any regularity. Even if I hit a slightly wayward shot (4-5 yards off fairway) I had a hard time finding the ball. I really am not into US Open style rough. And the fairways were so high you got very little roll.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Good

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
Ruidoso, New Mexico