Cree Meadows Country Club

4.1199058824 4.1 stars from 5 (29)

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Blue (W) 71 5645 yards 70.9 117

Location is convenient to the city

"Nice course in the mountains of Ruidoso"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Great golf experience for the beautiful setting in the mountain. Excellent value. Good customer service.

"Memorable golf course in the mountains"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

The course layout is good for the average player. Nice memorable experience especially because of the deer that may show up on the course.

wsavary1960's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

"Nice Course, Nice People, Nice Greens - but NEEDS TO BE MOWED"

hammerin4u56's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

This is a nice, uncrowded public course in the middle of Ruidoso (very convenient location). The greens are in great shape - other than multiple un-fixed ballmarks (probably left by redneck Texans). I must have fixed 3-4 marks per hole - all of them fresh. The woman at the Pro Shop and the Cart Lady were really nice. Pace of play was wonderful. I played by myself and got around in about 2 hours 45 minutes on a cart.

The only thing marring this course is it seems like they just are NOT mowing the fairways and rough with any regularity. Even if I hit a slightly wayward shot (4-5 yards off fairway) I had a hard time finding the ball. I really am not into US Open style rough. And the fairways were so high you got very little roll.

"Very nice course for the money."

RichardDPhillips's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The temperature was around 60 degrees and windy so there were very few on the course. Practically had it to ourselves. The course was in pretty good shape, especially the greens. Fairways were in fair shape but just coming out of winter some ground under repair would be expected. Overall we enjoyed the course and I would recommend it to visitors to Ruidoso, New Mexico.

Commented on 08/05/2017

I seriously question these reviews. I have played or been on this course for a minimum of a month every year for the last four years. Either the people writing the reviews know nothing about golf and courses or they are employees. The cart paths are in terrible condition and the fairways are in the same condition. Lots of weeds, and bare spaces in between. Greens are uniform but slow, mountain style. Other courses in the area have much nicer greens, much faster. I hate to see reviews so mis-leading as these are. This would be a good course for those who golf seldom and the price should be no more than $30 a round. For the current green fee there are several other courses in the area much more worth the price of the green fee if you are truly a golfer.

Commented on 05/18/2017

Hi

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your last visit to our course. We appreciate your kind comments and hope you will visit us again soon.

"Nice challenging course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

This course was good for this early in the New Mexico spring and a nice challenge. The greens were firm but slower than expected. The staff was very courteous. I really enjoyed playing at Cree Meadows and the scenery is second to none.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Thanks for writing such a nice review. It's to hear you enjoyed our staff and your visit to the course. We hope you will stop by again soon.

Derick5243561's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

"Spring Break"

hillson10's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017

Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Golf course was in good condition for this time of year. Pace of play was rather slow. Lots of golfers out because of excellent weather conditions and Spring Break. I would come back often.

Commented on 03/16/2017

Thanks for writing us such a nice review. It's great to hear you got to visit the course during our nice weather. We train our staff to be as welcoming as possible and it's good to hear you experienced that. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice mountain course"

Aubrey9442379's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2016

We were the first ones out so the pace of play was great! I was a little critical about the course condition, but because it is a mountain course it has a lot of wildlife walking on it. I would definitely play it again, I enjoyed the round a lot. The course has a lot of OB areas because it winds through a neighborhood.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Cree Meadows. Thanks again and we hope we will see you again soon.

"Cree Meadows"

David1610's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2016

This is s good mountain course layout. The front nine is fairly long with wide fairways. Greens were in good condition. Back nine has tight fairways and is shorter. The fairways are in fair condition but needed mowing the day we played. To be fair it had rained a lot in the prior days and the may not have been able to mow. We will play there again.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our course. Thanks and we hope to see you soon!

"Cree"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016

This course has the meanest GM I have every met be careful and have a tetanus shot!

Commented on 08/30/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We aim to give our visitors the best customer service possible and we are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your visit. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future so we can make it up to you.

"Good greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Greens are very good. Rolls true, a bit slow. Fairways need a bit of care, but what the heck, bump the ball. Lots of up hill and down hill holes. A bit tight with houses very close on some holes to the course. Fun course for the money.

Commented on 08/15/2016

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our course. Please come back soon!

"Great Value,"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The Staff were great and friendly.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear you enjoyed your visit at our course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

"Beautiful course well worth themprice"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2016

The greens were a little slow and could use a trim but they were in good condition. Liked the layout and the pace of play was perfect. Really only complaint is that there was no water on the course (to drink). It was 90 degrees which is unusual for Ruidoso but with the altitude the water would have been appreciated.

Otherwise, a great round of golf with my son.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

"Good Ole Course"

tmorris1570's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I really enjoy playing this course, because it is not overly long but you need to be accurate off tee for some holes. Course was in good condition, considering I played in April and after a tough winter. This course one you take a beginner to advanced player for the pure love of the game. I will definitely be back to play again.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We work hard to make sure all of our visitors are happy and we are glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

"good layout with elevation changes"

LarryNance's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2015

Very well maintained. Greens in very good condition. A variety in the layout, uphill, downhill,trees and water. Luckily no bunkers

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 10/07/2015

Thank you so much for the review! Be sure to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for special online promotions and offers. We hope to see you out here again soon!

"A fun little course"

sth52853's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

This course is fun, but it is pretty short even from the tips. On most of the par 4s, you can take a hybrid and then a short iron into the green. Since it has started raining again in Ruidoso, the course has improved, but there are still some chunky fairways with strange grasses and weeds that can hide your ball quickly even in the middle of the fairway. I think they are under some restrictions on herbicides due to the proximity of the sensitive water systems in New Mexico. Nevertheless, this is a fun little course with beautiful views and a very, very friendly staff.

Commented on 08/14/2015

Thank you so much for the feedback, we greatly appreciate any and all feedback you are willing to offer. We are glad you enjoy our course and look forward to seeing you again. Be sure to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for special offers and promotions. Thanks again!

"Morning round"

Royce9356572's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2015

The course was in great shape. The staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed playing a round of golf here with my wife.

Commented on 08/14/2015

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are really glad you enjoyed your time spent with us. Be sure to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for special online promotions and offers. Again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Cree Meadows"

Jkburns's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2015

Friendly staff, and a great value. Course was in good shape.

Commented on 08/14/2015

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time spend with us. Be sure to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for special offers and promotions. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.