Livingston Country Club

Year Built 1927
Architect Seymour Dunn (1927)

Restaurant

Fair Test. Tough Greens

Played for the first time last weekend. Loved it so much.that we played again today. A well rounded test of golf and really good conditions for this time of year. I can’t wait to go back again.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello diveman72, thank you very much for the 5 star review of Livingston Country Club! We are thrilled to hear you love the course enough to have played back to back weekends; that is truly special! The course really does offer a well rounded test and we agree that the conditions have been exceptional this year thank you to the hard work and dedication of our new Head Course Superintendent, Donald Podlish and his tremendous staff. Thank you again for the kind review, we genuinely appreciate you taking the time. We hope to see you again very soon!

love the layout

course was in great shape, even with the lack of rainfall recently in the area.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello u314160157582, thank you very much for the 5 star review of Livingston Country Club! We could not agree more that the conditions are great, thanks to the fantastic efforts made by our grounds crew and superintendent. Thank you again for leaving such a kind review, and we hope to see you again very soon!

great layout and easy pace of play. been there 5 times and look forward to next round.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of Livingston Country Club! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a kind review. Conditions are top notch currently, and we certainly look forward to your next visit!

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello Mark, thank you very much for the kind review! We are very glad to hear that you will definitely come back and play our course again, the recent rains have improved the course conditions even more so please visit again soon!

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello JayTee, thank you very much for the 5 star review of Livingston Country Club! We are thrilled to hear that the course was very fun to play. The course has been in phenomenal shape all season and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a kind review!

Worth the drive

Played during somewhat drought. Course was in great shape. Fast greens. Play from the blues. It’s fun and challenging

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello Giagolf, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a kind review and comments! The recent rains have curbed any of the negative drought effects we had a couple weeks ago, and conditions are the best they have been all season, perhaps the best in many years! We certainly hope you come back and play again very soon. And playing from the blues gives the best views on the course! Thank you again for the kind review!

Good hot deal

First time playing. Drove down from Rochester. Fairways and greens were in good shape but the tee boxes could have used some work. The address on the app is wrong and took me about two miles away to the middle of no where. I’d play again if I was in the areas

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello ahawn88, thank you for the kind review of Livingston Country Club. We appreciate the constructive criticism regarding the tee boxes, and have let the grounds crew know accordingly. And please note that we have contacted GolfNow and the course address in the App has been corrected, we apologize that GolfNow updated the address incorrectly previously. Thank you again for traveling down to visit us from Rochester, and we certainly hope to see you again very soon! The conditions are currently ideal!

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello joeryanyoung, thank you so much for the 5 star review of Livingston Country Club! We are thrilled that your first "Livingston Experience" was an excellent one! We are glad that you got to enjoy our course right in your backyard here in Geneseo, and we certainly hope to see you back again very soon. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a great review, we genuinely appreciate it!

Our favorite course in the Rochester area, a real "Hidden Jewel". Course is maintained well, nice fast and challenging greens.

Nice course, good condition, excellent and friendly staff.

Today we played Livingston for the second time this season we had a great day. Pace of play was a little slow but was never too long of a wait. The first time we played this season the rough was a bit high and we had a hard time finding our balls but today it was much better. Of course if we just keep our balls in the fairway that would not of been a problem, ha ha.

Great!

The course was in great condition, the pace was good, and the weather was perfect! Now if I could shore up my short game, its definitely tested on this course. Greens were challenging but putted true. Would return as sure as a tap in.

Course was in great condition

Most of the fairways are wide open, hardly any water and bunker placements are ok, that being said it is not an easy course. Several hidden greens, lots of elevations. Staff was friendly. They were just opening up the restaurant yesterday afternoon after covid shutdown, but have eaten there before when playing and it was pretty good.

First time out during Covid awareness

I had booked several days in advance. I was meeting a friend and we both arrived a little early. We were greeted by the friendly pro who explained the course covid rules and then sent us out to have fun. The course is in great shape and the greens are always a challenge as I don’t think there is a straight line to the hole on any of them. I look forward to playing there again. Pace of play was great.

Always a great place to ride

Took the 45 minute drive to Livingston today. The course was in great condition, some tough pin placements. Pace of play was excellent as there were not many golfers there today. I hope the on course restaurant gets to open soon. Well worth the drive.

Livingston CC

Good value. Nice layout. No wait time. All in all, a nice place to play.

Exceeds the "Hidden Gem" Reputation

I grew up playing Livingston and over these last 25 years I have grown a deep appreciation of the aesthetic beauty, especially at sunset, and the challenging play that LCC has to offer. I have played the course a couple times already this season, and the changes being made to the course layout are both visually stunning and will significantly enhance play-ability. I cannot wait for summer to hit and for the course to green up, it looks like this year at LCC might be it's best yet! Keep up the great work to all on the grounds crew and pro shop staff!

a great course

We got to the course a little early and were welcomed and told when we were ready go to the first tee , and we had a great day enjoying the course

Greens are nice and fast. Good true roll.

Second time I've played here. Wish it was closer to my home and I would join here. Guy in the pro shop seemed preoccupied and wasn't very friendly both times. Would play again for the price we paid.

Challenging, but fun

This course requires strategy and a good eye for greens to score well. It enticed you with a generous driving area, but then got progressively harder the closer to the hole you got, with the greens being fast and breaking. The fine conditions of both the fairways and greens made it a pleasure to play. A great value and nice restaurant making it worth the drive down to play.

Avon, New York