Island's End Golf & Country Club

Scorecard for Islands End
Blue M: 71.2/123 369 360 163 484 200 423 212 555 375 3141 391 197 515 409 497 304 210 526 465 3514 6655
White M: 69.7/119 351 335 147 473 180 395 186 540 358 2965 382 173 503 389 479 284 185 517 437 3349 6314
Gold M: 65.4/107 W: 71.0/121 341 247 125 459 166 382 140 452 288 2600 310 164 435 312 406 249 170 407 362 2815 5415
Red W: 68.9/115 336 225 137 408 121 270 135 445 283 2360 300 160 430 308 385 227 116 402 351 2679 5039

Year Built 1914
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Herbert Strong

Dress code Min. 5" inseam shorts and collared shirts. Sleeveless collared shirts are permitted on women only. No Tee Shirts.

North Fork Gem

Played Island's End today for the first time and was glad I did. I got there super early because I did not know what traffic would be like coming from Riverhead. The starter got me right out and was super friendly. The course has an interesting layout as it has five par 3s and five par 5s. Hit the ball in the right area and many of these par 5's are reachable in two. The course is still short from the tips, but where it makes up for it is the par 3s are decently long. All but one were playing 180+ today. My favorite hole is the par 3 16th which played 205 downhill with a view of the sound on your right. The course was in great shape even though the greens had recently been punched. They were still soft and rolled true. I'd like to see the price of $70 come down to be honest and to add on, the golf carts were kinda dingy and the floors were falling apart. That, however, is just a minor part. Overall great and fun course.

Great course and friendly staff

Played there on the 4th of July, course and staff were great. Not too busy so we were never held up. Course conditions were really good. They have a grass driving range too!

islandsendgolfcc
Commented On 07/06/2016

Thank you u000006323839 for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear you had a great 4th of July with us! Hope to see you hit the greens with us again soon.

Greens are sweet

Golf course was in great shape, staff was terrific. The greens were rolling great. Some real tough par threes along with some reachable par fives for a great balance. 16th Hole! What a view.

islandsendgolfcc
Commented On 12/01/2015

goshawk, Thank you for coming and playing Island's End! We appreciate the feedback and 5 star review. Hope to see you back soon!

The greens and fairways are terrific

Friendly people, good value and no hectic pace.

EAST END GEM

Very good greens and great weather...looking to play again using the GOLF NOW HOT DEALS . Greens crew need attentions to tees conditions, Other wise a great and enjoyable course to play.

North fork

A east end gem.Friendly staff a big plus.course in great shape.

Much Improved Course

I have played this course before in the past and the conditions were normally a little run down, but they have improved this course greatly. They had recently aerated but the greens were starting to roll nicely. My only complaint is about the pace of play, I went out as a single and either no one was willing to let me play through or the people behind me were unwilling to join up, I spent almost 10 min on every tee box and in the fairways waiting for the greens to clear, I quit after a 2 1/2 hr front 9 because I couldn't put up with the wait any longer. The course is beautiful though and I will definitely return.

Special way to spend my birthday

Love taking the ferries across from the south fork to play Islands End. The Greenport area is a special place to visit, especially after Labor Day without the crowds. Low key golf course with grass driving range, putting green and sand trap to practice and warm up on. Greens had been aerated when we played so that made putting more of an adventure than it usually is, but all in all a great place to play for golfers of all skill levels.

Nicely groomed

Course conditions much improved from my last visit. Greens were smooth though not overly fast. Great view from the 16th hole. Wonderful day of golf.

This course can be challenging but......

The course was challenging with interesting pin placements. The Tee boxes were in poor shape and several traps had large puddles in them. Overall we had a nice game. Please work on course conditions.

Nice starter

As a lone female player, I was fairly certain I would be paired with men, and was concerned that they wouldn't be happy having a woman join them. The starter was so helpful and reassuring. My playing companions were gracious, especially so since the starter had let them know of my trepidations. So along with a fine course, easy check -in, and great weather, this made for a five-star experience. View of the sound from hole 16 is spectacular.

Gem of the North Fork

Great course in excellent shape. Only downside was there was no beverage cart and it was a very warm day outside. Fantastic view of the sound from their signature hole

worth the trip

Beautiful day, friendly staff and pace of play was great(3:45), especially because course was crowded.

Cut the Greens

Course is a very nice layout with challenges at almost every hole. . Fairways, bunkers, tees in very good shape. The Greens unfortunately were much to slow. They were either not cut or they are kept to long. Made judging speed almost impossible. I would go back if assured the greens were in better condition..

So Boring

This is my first review, and I feel terrible writing it because the staff was so nice, but i had been looking at this course for months and finally went. I have never been so bored in my entire life, and quit after I fell asleep on the 8th hole in my cart. To be fair - this is a fine course for seniors. But there is 0 water and the course is completely flat. I would never come back. I actually drove to cherry creek and had a great afternoon on the woods course for a cheaper price than this course.

One of my Favorites

I always play here at least once a year with my club-40 members, but it is always such a great experience, that it makes me want to come back 1 or 2 times more over the season. Did that yesterday and as always it was perfect. Staff and course were superb. Greens were a little slow but consistent once you get the speed down and edges of most cups were slightly damaged but all in all it was a great day and if the course was closer to my home -some 70mi. away-I would play at least 2-3X's a month. We saw a deer and fawn dash across the 7and 8th fairway and wild turkeys @5th green.

Great shape

Island's End is back in GREAT shape. The greens are rolling true with challenging breaks. The staff is as friendly as one could ask for. Definitely put this course on your to 'play' list.

Bad day from Golf Now.

Had a 1:03 tee time at Island's End booked on Golf Now on 6/23/14 in the am. Arrived at course only to find out that they had an 18 hole shotgun planned (months in advance) and I could not play. After a 95 mile round trip I called Golf Now, who apologized and said they would credit my cc. Ruined my whole day!

Always a pleasure.

Got a great deal on golfnow.com for a weekend round. Staff was forthcoming about the temporary green on #8 ( a problem area for a few years). New owners seem to be trying to get it right. A fun track all around with a good mix of holes and quick greens that will speed up as the weather settles down and they can get nice and firm. 16 is the hole that this course is built around. Spectacular Par 3 on a bluff overlooking the sound. Swirling winds make club selection a key decision with NO room to bail right. I always make a point to play here when out east because of the course and the people. Pace is good without feeling rushed as well.

Shelter Island, New York