2.4

Charlotte Harbor National Golf Club (formerly known as Bobcat Trail Golf Club), also known simply as "the Cat," has been considered one of Sarasota County's best courses since it opened in 1998. Each hole on this lengthy par-71 layout offers a risk-reward opportunity. This thought-provoking course requires careful course management, proper club selection, and sharp short game skills. The large greens are fast and undulating and bunkers are strategically placed throughout. There are also several water hazards that come into play. Not only does each hole offer a unique challenge, they all offer beautiful scenery with a different eye-catching feature on each. Golfers will be sure to encounter some of the abundant wildlife that inhabits the golf course including foxes, gators, hawks and osprey. The club's staff claims that any of the 18 holes could be considered a signature hole.

Charlotte Harbor National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Bob Tway Lee Singletary (1998)

Bar, Catering, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Needs work

The layout is good, but I wish they get rid of all weeds, fill in the bear spots the course would be more pleasure . It would be nice to have tee boxes or even ground in the tee boxes.

charlotte harbor

course is a mess weeds weeds weeds no tee boxes fairways all burned never watered greens a disgrace a waste of time and money

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Disgraceful

Ok where do we start " OVER PRICED" I CAN PLAY RIVERWOOD CHEAPER . Ever sense it became harbor national it has went downhill first by flipping the nines. Now I get there working on tee boxes whitch have weeds coming up in them but it's only common sense to put temp tees on a piece of LEVEL REAL ESTATE, I mean come on!!!!

Plays Once a year

Do not spend your money on this course

Burned out fairways with weeds. If you can find grass it may or may not be mowed. Greens are OK but plenty of bad spots there too. Staff is OK but not exactly welcoming. Do not play this course

Needs a little work

Course needs work, it has a lot of weeds. But what bothers me the most, they closed ALL tee boxes. I WOULD OF THOUGHT KEEP 2 OPEN, WORK ON 2 OR WOOR ON 3 AND KEEP SOMETHING OPEN. A lot of tee boxes are uneven.

Tee boxes in the grass?

all tee boxes were being rebuilt I assume. Placed tees into grass, where it was not flat nor short. Bunkers were good. Greens were in so so shape.

Needs Work

The course did alert us that there were temp tees, but course was in terrible shape. Weeds on the greens. Weeds in some area in fairway, then other places bare. We playedbadly even though we had the course to ourselves. We should have figured when we went out at noon on a Sat and no one was playing. We won't be back until it is in good shape again.

New experience

New to the area and met an old friend here for a round of golf. Played mid day and it wasn't nasty hot. Nobody on the course so 3 hours to play. Tee boxes being reseeded so had to hit from makeshift tees. Not a big deal. Greens dry but good shape. Overall a good experience.

Terrible course conditions and unaware staff

So I played Charlotte Harbor National A few times... What strikes me is that they maintain higher prices even when better courses are in the area. This course in my opinion should lower its prime time teetimes and have better twilight prices because it doesn’t comparable to places like Heron Creek and Riverwood..... like I said I’ve played there and I understand that they were doing renovations to Tee boxes but We called and made a tee time and we never told and when we asked how many tee boxes he had no clue. So we go out to play the round and they clearly did not mow the golf course. Which once again we were never informed. All in all a terrible Experience and I don’t think I’ll ever go back there.

Should notify people of the reconstructing the tee boxes

Psid way too much all of the tee boxes are under repair and we were not told anything until we started to drive out to the 1st tee box.

How about a heads up on the bad condition?

When I booked a tee time I wasn’t warned that this course is in the worst shape of any course within 50 miles of here. Every single tee box is under repair. I get repairing your boxes, but if each hole has 3 or 4 different boxes, how about fixing half now and half when these are usable? No, they think it’s ok to hit tee shots out of weeds with uneven lies.
Weeds and dry dirt on greens.
Driving range just as bad.
I was warned the place was going downhill.
The only upsides are it was $20 and I finished 18 in under 2 hours. Honestly if half the tee boxes were usable I’d play there once a week after work for $20 and not think twice about it... but they just don’t care anymore and it’s obvious. I feel bad for the homeowners... but even the subdivision is starting to look run down.

poor condition

was looking forward to seeing the changes we heard were made. about 1/4 of the tees were under construction. temporary tees weren't even mowed. other tee boxes were extremely hard to put a tee into the ground (on 15 i just hit off the dirt). greens are burning out.. 1/2 brown. a heads-up when we called for the tee time would have been nice and i did stop in the pro shop after the round. the lack of concern was astonishing. until the course is repaired there should at least be a rate adjustment so people can make an educated choice. we are 2 foursomes who play 3 days a week all summer. there are too many other places to play in englewood and venice. we won't return this season. sorry to say. it's a nice layout.

Day off

The course was beautifully laid out. The overall condition of the course was decent. However I was disappointed to find that all the Tee Boxes were in the process of being re-seeded and repaired. I will definitely be back to play once the Tee Boxes are sorted out.

This course is not worth $ 50. The tee box are awful. The greens were lousy.

Needs a little work

I do enjoy golfing at Charlotte Harbor, some are very challenging because par 4 can play over 400 yds. Bryan does a great job of getting you in and out, plus he makes people feel like their valued ( not like Boca royale in Englewood). Sara. Who was the cart girl and the starter was very personable, even though she goes to University of Kentucky LOL.

Disappointing

Play this course 3years ago and a couple of times prior. It was in much better shape prior. This place may improve with upcoming rainy. Season. The tees will all need reseeded, fairways thin of grass, and greens we’re very bumpy. The folks that worked there were great.

Course should be closed

This course is totally burned out,,no grass on tee boxes very little grass on fairways and the only greeN was weeds on greens .we were not impressed with our first playing this course is very bad

Lake Suzy, Florida