Lima Golf & CC - Island Oaks

Architect John Checho

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 8

Not bad

This course is out in the middle of nowhere. Used to be a farm, it looks like. The terrain is interesting on a few holes, not so much on others. Greens are in great shape while the fairways are nothing special. Shaggy conditions overall. That all said, it’s a fun course to play for relatively low green fee.

Good condition Nice layout

The course was in good condition. The layout was great. The guy at the counter could have been a little friendlier. The lady at bar was very nice.

Lima NY Island Oaks

Great day. Course is long for seniors from the whites but short from the golds. Played 12 holes from white & 6 from golds making the round fair and yet challenging.

Nice course, holds water

We played the course after a rain, but on a nice day. The weather was perfect, but the previous days rain was still apparent on the course....The layout is fun, greens were in good shape. The Value is there for the price though.

Wonderful Course, Worth the Drive

This course was in fantastic shape, which is impressive considering the dry weather we have seen lately. The course layout is interesting and challenging. Would definitely recommend making the trip out to Lima for this course.

Nice course but needs some maintenance

The coarse is laid out well and is fun to play but there is a lot that can be done to improve the overall experience. The cart path for the most part are in poor repair along with many of the stairs you need to use to get to the elivated tees. Many of the tee distance markers are unreadable and need to be updated. Other than that the course has a lot to offer, it is challenging without be being too overwhelming for a hacker like me.

Poorly managed. Poor customer service. Ownership has a beef with Golfnow customers

Steve Molinaro
· September 11, 2016
I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person,an older gentleman, that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not easy to deal with and not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability. Regardless of how you book or pay for your tee time, we are all paying customers and should be treated the same as anyone else who frequents the course.

Poor ownership

I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability.

Nice coarse

nice coarse. Had to wait for an available time because GolfNow let us make a reservation while there was a tournament going on. Staff was very understanding. got to hit some practice balls while we waited two hours until we could get out. Then after 12 holes the rain came down and couldn't finish. If we started at our original tee time, I think we could have got in all 18.

Good country golf

Not fancy. Cart paths busted up but greens good and layout good. I'd play it for 20 or less but no country club

Lima gem !

Good layout , fantastic landscape, excellent greens , the course is of average length , it requires accuracy of the tee, and good approach shots into slippery but true greens ! Enjoy

Island course

Great value...greens in great shape, layout fun to play. And enough challenges to be interesting. Closer to Rochester than you would think.

Wide open fairway

Nice course layout. But need cart path repair. No good if golfer have bad back riding a uneven cart gravel path

Great round of golf

Still early in the season but the course is in good condition. Some Tee boxes were missing markers but not a big deal. Well maintained and we enjoy it every time, never disappointed.

Lima Island Oaks

Awesome course. Great place to play. Was still a bit wet, but is the most beautiful course in the area

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.