Lima Golf & Country Club - Island Oaks Course
Scorecard for Island Oaks
Blue M: 70.5/124 513 108 337 380 470 160 411 381 313 3073 451 115 425 490 165 374 347 348 314 3029 6102
White M: 69.4/123 485 103 320 376 464 150 408 329 280 2915 419 108 405 470 155 354 333 331 309 2884 5799
Gold M: 66.3/116 W: 68.0/122 420 90 286 350 416 137 362 318 275 2654 342 103 385 440 143 310 273 328 279 2603 5257
Red W: 66.8/120 408 82 262 267 363 91 320 302 240 2335 307 100 310 401 102 219 260 303 217 2219 4554

Year Built 1995
Architect John Checho

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 8

Wonderful Course, Worth the Drive

This course was in fantastic shape, which is impressive considering the dry weather we have seen lately. The course layout is interesting and challenging. Would definitely recommend making the trip out to Lima for this course.

Nice course but needs some maintenance

The coarse is laid out well and is fun to play but there is a lot that can be done to improve the overall experience. The cart path for the most part are in poor repair along with many of the stairs you need to use to get to the elivated tees. Many of the tee distance markers are unreadable and need to be updated. Other than that the course has a lot to offer, it is challenging without be being too overwhelming for a hacker like me.

Poorly managed. Poor customer service. Ownership has a beef with Golfnow customers

Steve Molinaro
ยท September 11, 2016
I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person,an older gentleman, that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not easy to deal with and not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability. Regardless of how you book or pay for your tee time, we are all paying customers and should be treated the same as anyone else who frequents the course.

Poor ownership

I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability.

Nice coarse

nice coarse. Had to wait for an available time because GolfNow let us make a reservation while there was a tournament going on. Staff was very understanding. got to hit some practice balls while we waited two hours until we could get out. Then after 12 holes the rain came down and couldn't finish. If we started at our original tee time, I think we could have got in all 18.

Good country golf

Not fancy. Cart paths busted up but greens good and layout good. I'd play it for 20 or less but no country club

Lima gem !

Good layout , fantastic landscape, excellent greens , the course is of average length , it requires accuracy of the tee, and good approach shots into slippery but true greens ! Enjoy

Island course

Great value...greens in great shape, layout fun to play. And enough challenges to be interesting. Closer to Rochester than you would think.

Wide open fairway

Nice course layout. But need cart path repair. No good if golfer have bad back riding a uneven cart gravel path

Great round of golf

Still early in the season but the course is in good condition. Some Tee boxes were missing markers but not a big deal. Well maintained and we enjoy it every time, never disappointed.

Lima Island Oaks

Awesome course. Great place to play. Was still a bit wet, but is the most beautiful course in the area

Quality Course

Great price, good conditions, good amount of sand and water hazards. Pace of play was amazing, 3hr round walking!

Commented On 08/02/2016

Glad to see you were able to get a round in in 3 hours! We hope to have you back at Lima soon!

Challenging off the tee

More challenging than it's sister course, Charleston Pines, especially off the tee. Also, larger, more undulating greens, more forced carries, and well designed and positioned bunkers. Course was dry as most courses in this area have been this spring, so fairways were in great shape and the rough was not as high or as thick as when we have played it in early fall. Enjoyable course, but it would be a tough walk.

Commented On 07/15/2016

Thank you for the 4 Stars. We appreciate the great feedback regarding the course. It is definitely a bit challenging, but always enjoyable. Hope to see you back out here soon!

Fast play good conditions would recommend to anyone/

Had a great time. No issues with slow play finished in 3:30 on a friday afternoon. Greens were in good condition and fairly fast for the slope. No weeds on the course and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Commented On 06/21/2016

Thanks for all the kind words! We are very happy to see that you would recommend our course to anyone! Hope to see you back soon!

Always a good time

Of the two courses at Lima, this one is far more interesting. Course in great condition and always beautiful. Island oaks offers challenge and interest. The clubhouse has a very nice restaurant and bar with a friendly atmosphere.

Commented On 06/21/2016

Thank you for the great review. We work hard on maintaining the course, and are glad to see you found it up to par! We also thank you for stopping by the clubhouse! We hope to have you back at Lima very soon!

Lima Country club

Have played both courses in the past 2 weeks. Both were in good shape. Greens were excellent.Food is always good, Staff is freindly. Recommend it for a good time.

Commented On 09/08/2015

Thank you for your kind words! We take pride in our staff and make it a priority to keep our greens in great condition.

Excellent Course for the $

Great course to play. Nice staff as well. I will definitely be playing it again this year.

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package