Island Oaks at Lima Golf & Country Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for playing multiple courses locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks

u937481902's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

"Nice course but needs some maintenance"

phoenix464's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

The coarse is laid out well and is fun to play but there is a lot that can be done to improve the overall experience. The cart path for the most part are in poor repair along with many of the stairs you need to use to get to the elivated tees. Many of the tee distance markers are unreadable and need to be updated. Other than that the course has a lot to offer, it is challenging without be being too overwhelming for a hacker like me.

"Poorly managed. Poor customer service. Ownership has a beef with Golfnow customers"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Steve Molinaro

· September 11, 2016

I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person,an older gentleman, that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not easy to deal with and not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability. Regardless of how you book or pay for your tee time, we are all paying customers and should be treated the same as anyone else who frequents the course.

"Poor ownership"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I had a 12 pm tee time, booked thru Golfnow. I apparently was paired with another group of golfers, as I was a single. I was given my cart key and proceeded to the 1st teebox. I met a gentleman at the tee box and teed off at 12:03pm. As I parked my cart on the 1st fairway to begin to take my 2nd shot, the person that was at the proshop counter came down the fairway, in a cart and proceeded to yell at me for teeing off with the wrong group. He Immediately took my cart key and told me to walk the rest of the way. Not only was he rude, he offered no apologizes for any confusion or any offer to correct his mistake for his tee pairing, as the group I apparently was paired with, was not ready for the tee time and at the driving range and practice green. I should note that the course was empty, with no other groups within several holes. I will no longer do business at this course. I found out that the person at the proshop was 1/3 owner as I spoke to his sister, when I complained at the snack shed at the 9th hole turn. She was apologetic but the damage had been done. These folks lost out on a season membership that I was thinking of purchasing as well as a corporate outing that I was planning for. I will take my business elsewhere and will make certain that other golfers know and understand that the the owners of the course are not happy with Golfnow or anyone who books a tee time with golf now. A sad shame because Golfnow makes it convenient for folks who just dont have time to call in advance for tee time availability.

"Nice coarse"

Doogie1962's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

nice coarse. Had to wait for an available time because GolfNow let us make a reservation while there was a tournament going on. Staff was very understanding. got to hit some practice balls while we waited two hours until we could get out. Then after 12 holes the rain came down and couldn't finish. If we started at our original tee time, I think we could have got in all 18.

"Good country golf"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017

Not fancy. Cart paths busted up but greens good and layout good. I'd play it for 20 or less but no country club

"Lima gem !"

eaglesman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

Good layout , fantastic landscape, excellent greens , the course is of average length , it requires accuracy of the tee, and good approach shots into slippery but true greens ! Enjoy

"Island course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Great value...greens in great shape, layout fun to play. And enough challenges to be interesting. Closer to Rochester than you would think.

"Wide open fairway"

Jim6422750's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

Nice course layout. But need cart path repair. No good if golfer have bad back riding a uneven cart gravel path

"Great round of golf"

Khiladi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Still early in the season but the course is in good condition. Some Tee boxes were missing markers but not a big deal. Well maintained and we enjoy it every time, never disappointed.

"Lima Island Oaks"

Rich9832628's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Awesome course. Great place to play. Was still a bit wet, but is the most beautiful course in the area

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

"Quality Course"

Cravito's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great price, good conditions, good amount of sand and water hazards. Pace of play was amazing, 3hr round walking!

Commented on 08/02/2016

Glad to see you were able to get a round in in 3 hours! We hope to have you back at Lima soon!

"Challenging off the tee"

bchampnvcs1968's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

More challenging than it's sister course, Charleston Pines, especially off the tee. Also, larger, more undulating greens, more forced carries, and well designed and positioned bunkers. Course was dry as most courses in this area have been this spring, so fairways were in great shape and the rough was not as high or as thick as when we have played it in early fall. Enjoyable course, but it would be a tough walk.

Commented on 07/15/2016

Thank you for the 4 Stars. We appreciate the great feedback regarding the course. It is definitely a bit challenging, but always enjoyable. Hope to see you back out here soon!

"Fast play good conditions would recommend to anyone/"

u000001927869's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great time. No issues with slow play finished in 3:30 on a friday afternoon. Greens were in good condition and fairly fast for the slope. No weeds on the course and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thanks for all the kind words! We are very happy to see that you would recommend our course to anyone! Hope to see you back soon!

"Always a good time"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2016

Of the two courses at Lima, this one is far more interesting. Course in great condition and always beautiful. Island oaks offers challenge and interest. The clubhouse has a very nice restaurant and bar with a friendly atmosphere.

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thank you for the great review. We work hard on maintaining the course, and are glad to see you found it up to par! We also thank you for stopping by the clubhouse! We hope to have you back at Lima very soon!

"Lima Country club"

BLysiak's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Have played both courses in the past 2 weeks. Both were in good shape. Greens were excellent.Food is always good, Staff is freindly. Recommend it for a good time.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 09/08/2015

Thank you for your kind words! We take pride in our staff and make it a priority to keep our greens in great condition.

"Excellent Course for the $"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2015

Great course to play. Nice staff as well. I will definitely be playing it again this year.

"Good Course"

audiemora's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The Island Oaks course was in excellent condition. The greens were fast enough to be challenging by making you concentrate and committed on the line or you will miss on the edges as happened to me. Fairways were in great shape. It is a good enough challenge with very fair length holes, unless you are one of those who likes very wide fairways throughout so you can boom it. The course is worth a try for anyone enjoying a round with water, strategically placed bunkers, tough greens and narrow fairway challenges. Hit 'em good!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"island oaks"

holedriller864's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2015

A short challenging course. Forgiving off of most tees. Sand traps placed around greens keep you sharp. Challenging par 3's and very true greens. Great price with Golf Now.