Type Public/Municipal
Town of Wallkill Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Steve Esposito (1991)

Slow pace of play, didn’t finish our round

Pace of play was so slow that we could not even finish our round. When we asked the pro shop to stop after nine and we were told all they would do is a rain check. We were traveling and would not have any use for a rain check so we tried to finish. Played 3 holes on the back nine in and hour so we decided to call it.

Greens were also long and slow. Fairways were wet as well.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hello, thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear the pace of play was slow and you were unable to complete your round. We will address the situation and look for solutions going forward so this doesn't happen again. We hope you enjoyed your travels and hope to see you again. If you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at info@townofwallkillgolfclub.com. Thanks, and have a great day!

Awful pace of play: Did not finish our round

I will start with the good. Starter was great went out early, tees and greens were in great shape, views were great.

Ok for the rest. Greens were slow but not awful. I assume due to the high volume of play they keep them long. Every tee shot and some second (par 5s) are blind making it hard to play for the first time. Play to smart locations that are in front of you and take par not a lot of birdie holes.

Pace of play was awful. I play with a large group on Sundays (Soaring Eagles) and we walk 18 holes (6600 yrds) in 3.5 hrs routinely. We played as a twosome on a Saturday morning (10a tee off) so I expected to wait but to be able to play 18 in around 4 hours. We played the front in just over 2 hours . When we reached 10 we found the twosome in front of us waiting and the foursome in front of them teeing off. We assume they stopped for food but don’t really know. I asked the pro shop if we could just play nine and get a refund, that was declined. I was told pace of play was 4.5 hours and we were on that pace. We had a wedding to attend so we started the back 9 knowing we could not finish. We played 3 holes over the next hour and left. The 2 groups behind us also left early with no refund.

Great course, decent price but not managed well. I hope they can get pace of play under control so people can enjoy the course.

Excellent

It is an excellent course. Set me up with a pair of walk ons which was good so I didnt play solo. Course is in great shape well maintained. Only thing is they were correcting some of the sand traps will we were playing which was a little bot distracting. One hole is almost 600 yds. Only saw the beverage cart one time on the 7th and never saw it again which was disappointing.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi Rob, thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon. Have a great day!

If you can play this course, play it.

Booked tee times based off of GN reviews. I was not disappointed. Starter was very friendly and got us out early. Course was very scenic and in good condition. Greens played a little slower than I’m used to, but not horrible. Never saw a group I front or behind us. Layout favors accurately placed shots. Not very long, but we’ll designed. I will definitely play again when I’m in the area.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Thanks for your review, Joe. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here with us and had a great experience. Hope to see you back again soon.

New York Advisor

Early Season Value

Course conditions outstanding despite wet cold springtime in NY. Greens, tees and fairways all in very good condition for this time of year. The afternoon deal for 20 bucks with cart is a great value. In the past not a big fan of the course due to a few quirky holes. However, due to the condition and value will be back!!! Big shout out to Town of Wallkill staff and grounds crew.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We are so glad our course conditions met alll your expectations. Looking foward to seeing you again soon!

Wet but Nice

They are friendly and you will not find anyplace nicer for the cost...Not long so fun for all

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Good course

Overall a solid golf course. Definitely a challenging one. Some difficult bends to play and a long course in general so you gotta be warmed up with the driver for most the tees. Staff was friendly and accommodating we had no problems at all.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted our staff met your expectations and appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again soon!

Early season golf

The course was in great shape! The pace was slow today!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

We got lucky

We wanted to play a round during our road trip to the Jets game.

We got luck finding this course

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thanks for your 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time during your roadtrip to MetLife to visit us. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! Best of luck my friend! Hope you make the trip again soon.

Greens are Rolling....

Wallkill golf course is in great shape. Hats off to the entire grounds keepers.. and I will be there again tomorrow....

course is in great shape.Great time love to play this course.

Great layout. Course was in great shape.

I've played the course many times. The only issue I have eve had here was the greens. The were always unbearably slow. There is a new management company running the course and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the greens were. It's been raining here for the past two weeks, so the course was soaked, but the greens (and the course) was in great shape. Loved every minute of the it.

Good Public Track

Little wet - not unexpected with all the rain lately. Conditions were good. Greens are slow. Fire at the pins and play half the break you see on putts.

Great layout

Cart path only due to rain before, greens were great just a little slow. The pace of play was 5 hours and no staff monitoring it through out the day.

All Challenging Holes

The course is well laid out so that the pace of play is good. From the 1st tee to the last, each hole is different and offers new challenges. The par 3s are well designed and the par 5s have their own challenge. The staff is very friendly and the small restaurant serves tasty food. The cost to play a round is reasonable and they will be getting electric golf carts with GPS soon. We play here a few times a month and enjoy each round.

Middletown, New York
Campbell Hall, New York
Johnson, New York
Westtown, New York
Ellenville, New York
Walden, New York
Ellenville, New York

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).