Pehquenakonck Country Club

Year Built 1923

Bar, Snacks

Plays Twice a year

Great Value for the Money

The course is a little rugged but, considering the cost of walking nine holes, it was definitely worth it. It's confusing for your first out but a short page was provided that gave an overview of each hole which was helpful.

The staff was excellent. I had booked a tee time for a certain date but due to unforeseen circumstances could not make it. They were very accomodating and I was able to play on a different date at no additional charge.

A horror show

9 hole course with first 6 holes not maintained in tears.
Tee boxes overgrown, greens are abysmal, carts are filthy, cart paths are like a third world country
Clubhouse is old and depressing and the person who mans it is rude

Nice and short

The course is nice you only really need for clubs you don't need a driver. sand traps don't really exist really much like cement. The only big issue that I have is the signage. I couldn't find certain holes and there were people behind me that couldn't find it either it shouldn't take that long just to put up a sign to say 6 holde this way. the hardest hole was the fifth hole which was a par 3 that you had to hit up on top of a mountain it was creative it was nice but I would have loved to haved more info on where I was hitting.

Quirky fun and fast play

Obviously other reviewers either liked the course, or hated it. It was built in the 20’s for the summer renters but the layout has changed slightly and is FOR SURE confusing for your first time out. The tee boxes are my only slight complaint, but for the cost of walking nine holes makes it something I can over look.

Now, you’ll either like this course or you simply won’t.
One hole you’re hitting over a road 150+ Vertical upwards to the pin, the next, you’re hitting over a road down hill hoping you didn’t over shoot the green.
The greens, albeit some small, are in pretty great condition. The yardage makes it something that makes for a quick round and I like that.

Good short course

More target golf than long.Good for learning the game not crowded more laid back than most. I liked it. Price was fair. Nice guy in pro shop to check you in ,friendly

Quirky but fun course

A few holes weren't orthodox but I would still recommend this course for a quick round

Needs signage

The course is nice. The course needs signage. Hard to find a few holes. It's a small course you only need 6 clubs if that.

Awful experience

Every single time I book this course they can’t find the reservation. What ends up happening is my friends and I end up paying double for the round. We booked 18 holes for around $18 walking, once we arrived they claimed it was too late to use a cart for 18 holes(that was at 4pm). Now not only did they not have my reserved foursome which means we had to pay 33 instead of $18 we also could only play 9 to get the cart. Worst part is, when coming back in for our 9 at about 5:45 pm they had sent a brand new foursome out with a cart. Terrible.

Definitely in need of renovations

I went out this morning with just myself and let just say this course looks like it was built in the 1920’s. Wouldn’t say it was the worse course I ever played on but it is in desperate need of renovations. Didn’t even know where the club house was on my arrival and took me about 10 minutes to find it. The tee boxes are in really bad shape. Don’t know where the fairway is on half of the holes because it’s barely cut. Greens are in decent shape at best. Only 9 holes on the course but you can play 18 since they have a different tee box for every hole. What’s the point of that? After the tee shot, it’s still the same exact 9 holes: Enjoyed a nice hour and half of golf but don’t think I’ll be back here unless they make it look like a 21st century course.

New York Advisor

Different!

I can't imagine how they thought this terrain was suitable for golf. Short and quick, as not many golfers. I finished 9 holes in an hour and 20 min. First hole is a 182 yard par 4 dogleg right with a tree directly in front of the green. I kept looking around to see if it was the right green. The 4th hole was a par 3 straight uphill with trees and bushes in the way to a tiny green with no bailout. Its hilly and would not be an easy walk. I would recommend this course, but only once so you can be amazed too.

Commented on 10/06/2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your latest trip to the course. We have a lot of golfers that enjoy the layout of our course and it seems that did not happen in this case. Thanks again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

A Gem 9/18 holer full of surprises

This was a father-son outing. My son with young children hasn't been playing . He gets out about once a year. So we headed up to this low key gem.
Nancy greeted us cheerfully and offered free coffee. My son treated and we were off to putting green with our cart.
After some puttting which definitely simulated what was to come we set off for the first tee. A huge dog leg, but nice hole will play it beter next time. ditto for every hole. next time.
The course is in great shape nice fairways and greens. It is important to be below the hole since some of these greens are hilly.
I just like playing 9 holes lately but they have separate challenges for the back nine if you play 18.
We finished in less then two hours and thanks to a good short game shot 45 to my sons 40. I think next time will do better as some of these holes are unique and course knowledge helps. Especially the uphill 150 yard 5th hole, which we both parred! luckilly

Commented on 10/06/2017

Hi, thanks for stopping by. It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Pehquenakonck. We hope you'll come back soon!

Not worth it at any price!!

I took my daughter to play 9 holes. As she is just beginning to play, I thought this would be a good course for her to get some
practice. This course layout is absurd with many blind shots and not a course many golfers would enjoy. Rather than my daughter enjoying the experience, she became more frustrated. Not a good daughter and father outing.

Commented on 09/12/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy our course. We designed our course in hopes that people of all levels could play and have a good time. We hope you will consider giving us another play and will visit us in the near future.

A good 9 holes

I played this 9 holer yesterday for the second time.

The staff, including the outside crew, were excellent. I heard mowers stop when I was on the tee and restart after my hit.The signage is getting better, or at least I am learning my way around. The lady at the desk is a gem, very helpful.

I encountered two sets of members on my round, both groups were friendly and helpful and let me a single, play through or ahead of them.

A couple of the bunkers were unplayable due to the heavy rain the day before.

The course is a challenge for a new golfer, but fun too, I should have played 18.......

Commented on 08/03/2016

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and crew. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates on our specials. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Nice, small course.

9 hole course, a little tricky. Good for practicing. Good value.

Commented on 12/01/2015

Thank you for coming and playing, and we appreciate the compliments! Hope to see you next spring!

Had a blast! Beautiful Course!

Although some may think the layout is a little unorthodox, I thought it was very fun. Playing from the different set of tee's was like playing a completely different 9. Staff was super nice, and I went through nine holes twice easily with plenty left of my afternoon, and the course was BEAUTIFUL.

North Salem, New York