White/Blue (18-hole) 68 4508 yards 63.9 111
Red/Yellow (18-hole) (W) 72 4285 yards 64.8 108
Scorecard for Pehquenakonck
Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out Total
White/Blue M: 63.8/113 W: 68.8/121 184 323 291 115 150 263 433 280 160 2199 4443
Red/Gold W: 66.6/114 184 255 225 165 145 250 433 210 160 2027 4138
Handicap 11 1 3 9 13 17 5 7 15
Par 3 4 4 3 3 4 5 4 3 33 66

Year Built 1923

New York Advisor

Different!

I can't imagine how they thought this terrain was suitable for golf. Short and quick, as not many golfers. I finished 9 holes in an hour and 20 min. First hole is a 182 yard par 4 dogleg right with a tree directly in front of the green. I kept looking around to see if it was the right green. The 4th hole was a par 3 straight uphill with trees and bushes in the way to a tiny green with no bailout. Its hilly and would not be an easy walk. I would recommend this course, but only once so you can be amazed too.

Commented On 10/06/2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your latest trip to the course. We have a lot of golfers that enjoy the layout of our course and it seems that did not happen in this case. Thanks again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

A Gem 9/18 holer full of surprises

This was a father-son outing. My son with young children hasn't been playing . He gets out about once a year. So we headed up to this low key gem.
Nancy greeted us cheerfully and offered free coffee. My son treated and we were off to putting green with our cart.
After some puttting which definitely simulated what was to come we set off for the first tee. A huge dog leg, but nice hole will play it beter next time. ditto for every hole. next time.
The course is in great shape nice fairways and greens. It is important to be below the hole since some of these greens are hilly.
I just like playing 9 holes lately but they have separate challenges for the back nine if you play 18.
We finished in less then two hours and thanks to a good short game shot 45 to my sons 40. I think next time will do better as some of these holes are unique and course knowledge helps. Especially the uphill 150 yard 5th hole, which we both parred! luckilly

Commented On 10/06/2017

Hi, thanks for stopping by. It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Pehquenakonck. We hope you'll come back soon!

Not worth it at any price!!

I took my daughter to play 9 holes. As she is just beginning to play, I thought this would be a good course for her to get some
practice. This course layout is absurd with many blind shots and not a course many golfers would enjoy. Rather than my daughter enjoying the experience, she became more frustrated. Not a good daughter and father outing.

Commented On 09/12/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy our course. We designed our course in hopes that people of all levels could play and have a good time. We hope you will consider giving us another play and will visit us in the near future.

A good 9 holes

I played this 9 holer yesterday for the second time.

The staff, including the outside crew, were excellent. I heard mowers stop when I was on the tee and restart after my hit.The signage is getting better, or at least I am learning my way around. The lady at the desk is a gem, very helpful.

I encountered two sets of members on my round, both groups were friendly and helpful and let me a single, play through or ahead of them.

A couple of the bunkers were unplayable due to the heavy rain the day before.

The course is a challenge for a new golfer, but fun too, I should have played 18.......

Commented On 08/03/2016

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and crew. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates on our specials. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Nice, small course.

9 hole course, a little tricky. Good for practicing. Good value.

Commented On 12/01/2015

Thank you for coming and playing, and we appreciate the compliments! Hope to see you next spring!

Had a blast! Beautiful Course!

Although some may think the layout is a little unorthodox, I thought it was very fun. Playing from the different set of tee's was like playing a completely different 9. Staff was super nice, and I went through nine holes twice easily with plenty left of my afternoon, and the course was BEAUTIFUL.

Fun/ Challenging 9 Hole Course!

I played played Pehquenakonck this morning and wow, what a great time! Beautiful well maintained course. I played it twice because it has two sets of tee's, so even though its only 9 holes, it plays like 18. I chatted up Nancy (the manager) before i left and she was so nice and genuinely loves this course . All around the service was wonderful, and i got through 2 rounds of 9 hole golf in under 3 hours! Highly Recommended!

below average 9-hole public course

there was not much grass on the tee boxes. The members present were rude.

Commented On 07/21/2015

Dear Dave,
We deeply apologize you’re dissatisfied with the conditions of the course, and you felt the members were rude. We are always working to improve the conditions of the course to make it a more enjoyable round. We will take what you've said under advisement. Thank you for the feedback.

Course in tough shape

Course was in subpar condition layout is confusing and signage is poor

Commented On 08/11/2015

Hi Ryan,
We're very sorry you were displeased with the course conditions. We are working hard to always improve! Please come by again and give us another try.

Wouldn't recommend

I would not recommend this course. Very poorly designed, poorly maintained (tee boxes were terrible, sand was rock hard, fairway grass was long; hit perfect drive and was penalized with a bad lie because the mower missed a spot), extremely small greens, mower did not stop for tee shots/putts. Was quite disappointed, I actually ended up leaving after 9 even though I paid for 18. I will not play here again.

Commented On 08/11/2015

Hi Cwade,
I'm very sorry your experience was not up to either our standards or yours. These issues have been discussed and addressed, as we are always trying to keep course conditions optimal. Please come back in and give us another shot.

over priced

Very unusual golf course which was in poor condition with a very confusing lay out. We cancelled our tee time and played somewhere else.

Good course

Challenging nine hole course is priced right! The first par three hole is very difficult with 115 yards on an elevated green.

Good course for practicing all the shots

I wanted a course to warm up as I'd been sidelined for 2 weeks and this was an excellent venue for this. I am glad I had a cart because you have to be a billy goat otherwise. The greens are smallish but well maintained. Good value.

Not a bad course

I usually only play 9 holes, so I always wanted to try out this course. It took almost 3 hours to play 9 holes, but there was a father and young son in front of us. We didn't play through because others were backing up even in front of them.

The course is nicely kept considering I paid $20 for this semi-private club and annual membership is only $900.

One thing to note: the tee boxes for men are confusing for the first time. My brother and I hit off the ladies tee because we couldn't find the men's tee. Apparently the 3rd hole white tees cross over the approach to the 2nd hole. It was embarrassing since an older woman pointed this out to us. Also, the white tee box for the 6th hole is far over to the right from the blue and red tees.

All and all, it's was a great deal and I intend to go back. I'm a higher handicapper that plays 2x a month. This course forces mostly iron play, which is great for me. Used driver for the short par-5 7th and par-4 8th holes. Be careful about the last hole. If your ball draws when approaching the green, you may hit the outdoor patio or the 1st tee box

North Salem, New York