The Golf Club at Middle Bay is located on Long Island's south shore overlooking the barrier islands of Jones Beach, Point Lookout, and Lido Beach. Nearly every hole looks out across water. Though the golf course is just an hour outside of New York City, you'll feel as though you've been whisked off to an out-of-town resort. The layout has a challenging design that will test your accuracy with tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers. Wind will also be a factor on this golf course. The Golf Club at Middle Bay is a tough but fair layout that players of all skill levels will enjoy. In addition to the golf course, there is also a driving range available.

The Golf Club at Middle Bay

Year Built 1955
Architect Alfred H. Tull (1955) Kipp Schulties (2007)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No jeans, t-shirts, gym shorts, cargo shorts or sweatpants

Columbus Day golf

Had a wonderful experience at this course. Pleasantly surprised to see the course in excellent condition. Pace of play was the only problem. we finished in just under 5 hours. Staff is very friendly. The layout of the course is challenging. A few holes are by the water so you get excellent views of the course as well.

Spectacular Course!!!

Everything about this course is amazing. From the staff to the greens and everything in between. Tough course and meticulously maintained!!! The greens are rolling beautifully and it’s got a little bit of everything to challenge your game!

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Plays Twice a year

10/5

This course is by the water so wind can be a challenge. The clubhouse is in a temporary trailer. Course was in excellent shape with exceptional areas that were wet.

Commented on 10/11/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Great day!

Had a 9:32 tee time and got paired up with 2 nice guys. We got around in 3.5 hours and never waited on a shot all day. Greens fully back from aeration and were in fabulous shape. Fairways also were in good shape also but there were some puddles in marked off areas. The guys at the course blamed a leak underground. Bunkers were in great shape also and each was raked nicely. The people were all friendly from the guys in the trailer to Lou the starter. Fun day for sure.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate us. We are glad you had a great time playing our golf course. Our team looks forward to seeing you again at The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

What a deal!!

The course was magnificent. Fairways and greens were in great shape . Got a great deal on golf now - only $52 for two people. Views were spectacular. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Golf Club at Middle Bay thanks you!

This course can be challenging!

As an intermediate golfer, love this course. Fairways & greens are in great shape, some drainage problems, but overall, worth the $ to golf there. Looking forward to the new club house being built. And the staff can’t do enough for you. Highly recommend!

Commented on 09/30/2019

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Golf Club at Middle Bay!

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

MIDDLE BAY

Course is impecable , condition of course is great, lay out is challenging.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun day

Played as a single and was paired with 3 nice guys. Played in 4 hours, and as always drainage is a problem. The fairways were fine and the greens are bouncing back from mild aeration. Can people please repair ball marks! I get a kick about people who have never repaired a ball mark and then complain about the greens being bad because of too many ball marks! Lou, the starter was great, and the guys at the cart barn kept my epic flash driver headcover that I lost last week, in there bin. Thanks guys, and many thanks to the person who turned it in!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We will also inform our entire team to remind our golfers to repair their ball marks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Just too wet

T off late because of wet course conditions...which is understandably ok...but giving some people free driving range balls not others like me....being in front of the counter person??? Don’t get it ...I also pay the same greens fees as the other guys.... I will think twice before I play it again.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi there - thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Awful Pace of Play

The layout/real estate of the course is magnificent for a $60 public course. But that's where the compliments end. Condition wise, the greens were in terrible shape (although in their defense, they seemed recently aerated), there were geese and goose poop all over the course, which made it hard to find balls. The starter told us the goal was a 4 hour round, which is very optimistic, but we actually played the front in 2 hours. Then for whatever reason, we waited 15 minutes on every tee on the back 9. At one point there were 3 foursomes waiting on one tee. We called and complained but they didn't do anything so my group had to quit after 14. It was not worth it.

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Getting closer to "club status"

I was very impressed with this course today: rough was thick and full and green. Most fairways were like carpet. Tees and greens were slightly aerated but fine for playing. The ongoing issue with this course is water drainage: being so flat and near the water, puddles and wet areas form. It might be a good idea to add some earth to some fairways to elevate them and stop this problem. Anyway, I was very impressed with this course and the care that it has been given... getting closer to the country club feel! Just need a clubhouse now!

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Middle Bay.

Commented on 09/03/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Great course. Tough layout. Great condition. Would go back and play.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Overprices while clubhouse under construction but decent course.

We had a good round. Pace of play on the front is slow but opens up on the back. Finished in 4.5 hours. The clubhouse is a trailer while they are under construction until 2021. You would think they would drop rates because of this. The range is squeezed in the middle of two fairways. I heard golfers yelling FORE on the range for players on holes to the left/right. Never heard that before.

I had a ranger following us on hole 13. He watched me hit a 70 yard chip and right after i hit he says "you gonna replace that divot?" The divot was tiny. I couldnt even find it at first. Ridciclous to stand over a group like that.

Walkers are not allowed.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will also follow up with our ranger to make sure he provides the best service to our golfers. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Middle Bay. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful course and great conditions, very unprofessional ranger however

First time playing the course and we truly loved the layout and conditions. Views are beautiful and greens were in great shape.

We played a Saturday morning and the course was busy. We were about 7 holes in and a ranger (Jim) approached our group and rather than nicely asking us to pick up the pace, the first thing he says is "play catch up, you're behind". Our group looked at each other and were a bit confused. We had been waiting to tee off on the majority of the previous holes (not long), and 7 holes in we were approaching the 2 hour mark (so we were on pace of play). Moreover, there are many shorter par 4s here. We had a few long drivers in our group and we respectfully waited until the group in front of us cleared the fairway prior to teeing off to ensure we were not hitting into them.

ON THE SAME HOLE, no less than 2 minutes later, Jim approaches us again, and very unprofessionally berates us and tells us if we're warned once more we'll be moved up a hole. I have never heard of any group ever receiving two warnings on the same hole.

The group I was playing with are all pretty good golfers (single digit to low double digit handicap, with one player having been a teaching pro for some time), very respectful of every course we've played having grown up around the game. Had we been behind pace of play, we'd of course acknowledge it and do our part to speed up, but this was not the case.

The most surprising part of this was that the group behind us was a group of elderly gentleman who were never once waiting on our group.

Jim was hands down the most unprofessional ranger I've come across in my time playing the game. His attitude toward our group ruined 3-4 holes as we were suddenly and unreasonably rushed to play. We obliged to Jim's request, sped through a couple holes, and then we never once saw the group behind us again. We even went into the clubhouse to get a hotdog after the 12th hole, went back to the 13th, and teed off before we even saw the group behind us approach the 11th tee box.

It's a shame that someone's unprofessional demeanor can easily almost ruin a round. Living in New York, you pay a premium to play golf here, and that goes for this course.

The course was very nice and we'd like to play it again, but if we're going to be playing $80+ to pay, we shouldn't have to be hounded by a ranger unnecessarily.

I hope that Middle Bay can address this with Jim, I'm sure we're not the only group that had an issue with him and his general intolerant attitude.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. I apologize that your interactions with our ranger made your experience less than pleasurable. We do task our rangers with a difficult and thankless job, which is to ensure an acceptable pace of play is maintained; for the entirety of the course throughout the day. More often than not, their efforts are met with disdain. However, with that said, I would like to hear more about your specific experience and see how to better the situation for all involved. Please feel free to call me at 516-766-1880. I look forward to speaking with you.

East Rockaway, New York