Genesee Valley Golf Course - North

Scorecard for North
Blue M: 69.9/109 530 303 331 201 498 224 409 410 228 3134 432 348 172 545 419 512 415 323 170 3336 6470
White M: 68.8/108 499 285 322 195 458 218 401 396 208 2982 413 339 166 459 412 502 410 317 151 3169 6151
Red W: 70.4/113 430 275 161 264 384 157 379 332 182 2564 367 325 162 428 405 443 321 310 132 2893 5457

Year Built 1908

Plays Long 3
9-Hole Rounds 7

Good value, not much else

I play at a lot of country clubs and play varsity golf for high school and this year I got a pass to play the local muni courses which included Genesee and Durand. Maybe it’s because of the caliber of course I’m used to playing in tournaments but it is just such a boring layout at Genesee. The greens are maintained ok but ur not gonna get much bite from longer shots like you would at a high end CC. I had a pass to play all I want for $100 and it was a steal. I played about 5 rounds a week over the summer and feel like I set myself up great for my upcoming season. The $100 pass deal for juniors is amazing but do beware that playing at Genesse doesn’t provide much of a challenge other than length, and the layout is so boring. Every hole is a straight shot to the green and provides very little opportunity to think around the course. On every hole the game plan is aim down the middle, go for pins and if I hit a good shot then it’s a birdie putt (and the greens hardly have any break) or get up and down bc there’s no bunkers to avoid. Durand provides a much more entertaining and thought out round of golf and it’s owned by the same people so it costs just as much.
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Course Layout Fair

End of season

Lightly used on a Friday because of chilly conditions, the pace of play allowed for a three hour round. The greens were in very good condition, not aerated and sanded yet.
Off-course amenities Average
Off-course amenities Poor

Home Course!!!

The challenges of larger golf courses always make me long for playing the Home Course! It's where I can get my MOJO back.

conditions were quite nice

the Course was in very nice shape. the greens were awesome.

Layout of the course

The overall layout of the course is poor. Minimal signs from hole to hole and going from north 9 to north 10 was confusing. I'd like to see more signs. Overall I like the course.
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Poor
Response from Genesee Valley Golf Course - North on 09/08/2017:
Hello Chris, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Genesee Valley Golf Course - North, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the course layout and your feedback is appreciated so that we know we can improve the directions on the course. We are glad that you had an overall enjoyable experience playing our golf course. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Western New York area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Course Layout Average
Response from Genesee Valley Golf Course - North on 09/06/2017:
Hello Lorraine, thank you for taking the time to review our golf course, Genesee Valley Golf Course - North, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to see that the course was in good shape when you played, and we hope you enjoyed the course layout. It also looks like your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Western New York area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fairways are great

The overall condition of the course was in the best shape I have seen it. The greens rolled very even.
Course Conditions Excellent

Ok

Nothing special it's an old course. Fairways were not great, but the greens were pretty good.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Average
Response from Genesee Valley Golf Course - North on 08/29/2017:
Hello Art, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Genesee Valley Golf Course - North, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the fairways may not have been in the best shape when you played, but we are happy to hear that you still enjoyed the greens. It also looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Western New York area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice course, greens

The change in this course over the pat 2 years is tremendous. The greens are very good. Fairways are improving but still need a little work. Overall the course is in very good shape and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good round.
Staff Friendliness Excellent