Rolling Oaks Golf Course

Rolling Oaks Golf Course
Scorecard for Rolling Oaks
Blue M: 67.0/105 305 160 335 115 160 470 150 375 185 2255 160 175 420 320 130 148 310 345 475 2483 4738
White M: 67.0/113 278 156 319 109 153 408 144 355 180 2102 150 161 366 283 129 138 266 308 445 2246 4348
Red W: 67.0/111 268 94 254 90 135 278 132 328 123 1702 125 147 343 268 110 112 229 264 308 1906 3608

Year Built 1944

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. Tank Tops, Blue Jeans & Sweat Pants are not permitted.

Not an executive course

I booked this course with three other people and since it is marked as an executive course I was hoping for a good round, the bathroom was discussting, the first nine the layout is horrible, circled around to find the 4th tee box no signs to let you know where to go and the golf cart path was in terrible condition felt like was riding a bull on those path, other players had no golf edicate balls landing near us no one yelling out four, another group asked us if they could play through we had to wait for the group before us and then one in my group tees off ball already in fairway they pull up and asked if they could play through, the group I was with was from out of town so they had to rent clubs there the grips where in terrible condition, then after we left the front desk calls and states a club is missing. I would never return here nor would I recommend anyone to play here.

Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 08/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Rolling Oaks Golf Course. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. We hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Rocky Point, New York area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.
Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 08/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK

I GOT A GOLF NOW HOT DEAL. I WENT TO THE COURSE AND WAS TOLD THAT BECAUSE I USED GOLF NOW IN THE PAST I SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE GOLF NOW AGAIN AND SHOULD PAY AT THE COURSE THE GOING RATE. I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK. I CALLED GOLF NOW, TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPENED. THEY OFFERED ME A DOZEN GOLF BALLS, I WOULD'T EXCEPT. IF THEY DON'T WANT BE ON GOLF NOW THEY SHOULD TAKE THEMSELFS OFF. AND GOLF NOW SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING BETTER THAN OFFERING A DOZEN BALLS. I WAS MADE TO FEEL LIKE IS STEALING. GOLF NOW VIP , I DON'T THINK SO.

bumpy ride in carts

Cart path needs work. outer vegetation needs trimming ,sand traps need large stones taken out. still liked the course.

father's day golf

plan an outing with my two boys we like trying different courses around long island .we chose this place because they had a earlier tee time than most

unfortunately they didn't have enough golf carts to accommodate the amount of golfers that were booked. we waited an hour and ten minutes after our original tee time to get started other than that we had a great time golfing here.The condition of the course was excellent only thing i was disappointed in is there were no water jugs out on the course in 90 degree heat i would have enjoyed some water

Oh my

Maybe the worst course on LI which is fine because I knew what it was going in however play was so slow. Waited an hour for a cart. Greeted immediately by a negative manager telling me his day was nothing but problems. So slow that I was told to play the front again instead of he back.

Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Rolling Oaks Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Confussing Course

Our party got lost a few times due to poor signs. This happened a few times .Rough needed to be mowed...I rarely loose balls but I lost a whole sleeve of balls that went into the rough during our play.....Nearly impossible to find them or even hit out of it..

Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Rolling Oaks Golf Course and for leaving us a review. We apologize that you were confused due to our signage and for the tough conditions. We appreciate the feedback you have given, and we will make note on necessary improvements. Thank you again for taking the time to review our course, and we would look forward to seeing you out here again.

Not bad for the money

This course is down the road from my house. You can play 18 holes in 3 hours or less most of the time. It is rarely crowded. Most of the time you can just walk right on. Its a short course but has challenging holes with narrow fairways and trees everywhere. If it was maintained a little better it could be a great course but it is fun nonetheless.

Greens were in great shape, fairways were not bad either. Tee boxes were pretty beat up and the bunkers were some of the worst ive ever played out of with rocks bigger than my ball and rakes that apparently no one ever uses. Its worth the money and a good course for beginners or just to get in some practice on.

Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are continuing to work on the condition of the course, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We appreciate that you enjoy the value. We look to make sure that all of our customers enjoy the value of playing our course. Thanks again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you out here again soon.
Response from Rolling Oaks Golf Course on 06/22/2018:

1st time playing here and the gentleman in the pro shop gave me a tip, " keep it in the fairway" he said. The course was fun and exciting as well as challenging. It's an Executive course with mostly par 3s so you can work your iron game here. The greens were really in good shape with only a few aeration holes left but ran very true. The par 4s on this course are tough because you want to pull a driver out but really there's no need to. The fairways are tree 'llned with very mature oaks that are very tall so if you get out of the fairway it's tough getting back into it or hitting the green from out of the fairway. There are 2 par 5s, which are like long par 4s on most regular courses. The course is winding and has a good bit of slope to keep you from having it too easy. It's a challenging track that's in very good shape. I will be back since now I have a better idea how to play it. It was a fun round of ghost old and pace was great at just about 4 hours, including time looking for lost balls and what not. Par is like 63, and I had a 77, so I'm not complaining since I never saw the layout before and it was my 1st round of 2018. Great, friendly staff that made me feel welcomed. Cart paths are a bit rough but mostly we stayed in the fairways so it wasn't much an issue. They could use paving though rather than just filling holes with rocks. Yes, I'll still go back again. The GolfNow price was also a deciding factor in my playing here. Thanks!

Competitive short course

Competitive short course

Tight fairways, easy to get in trouble if you are not a very straight hitter.

Great value on Golfnow.

Greens are in excellent shape. The cart paths are atrocious. They were recently re-done however done with composite instead of asphalt resulting in Inconsistency, and incomplete areas. Not smooth. I suggest driving on the grass

Bring a score card with a map because it is very difficult to logically drive from green to next Tee

Nice way to spend the day

My husband and I had the day off yesterday and got a good deal on GolfNow for Rolling Hills. It’s a short course, mostly par 3 and 4 but was a very quick play and was in very good shape. We really enjoyed and hope to come back again. Great way to practice your short game.!We had a great lunch in the adjacent restaurant.

Could use maintenance

Great layout and staff, but really lacks in any consistent maintenance. Bunkers have numerous rocks, t boxes not cut, crabgrass fairways, and trees need trimming. Would be great if taken care of.

Mount Sinai, New York