Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1931

Golf School Academy Yes - $19

Credit Cards Accepted American Express, Visa & MasterCard Welcomed

Great Day to Play Golf

My wife and I decided to take advantage of my day off from work and play a round of golf. The weather was perfect and we were paired up with a couple of really friendly young men.

The course was busy so we had to wait for a cart for only a few minutes, but we got one with a broken course guide screen. One of the attendants nicely replaced the cart... kudos to the staff.

Saxon Woods is one of our favorite local courses. I recommend it highly.

Commented on 11/14/2019

bablondi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Saxon Woods Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Nice course but slow and almost couldn’t finish

Normally the pace here is ok, but that afternoon it wasn’t, and we got asked to finish at 17 due to sundown. Also they were short in carts, which slowed it down further and delayed our start. But the course itself was pretty nice and good value for the money.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hi u441934454! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Slow and sandy

1 hour and 20 min later we left after 4 holes. Greens were beyond sanded. I understand that greens need to be sanded but you could barely see the grass. Tee boxes were turtle backs at this point. It could be a nice track if they put some money into seeding and maintaining the greens. None of the bunkers were raked and there were pitch marks all over the greens.

I liked the layout of the course the few times I’ve played it before but it wasn’t worth the time and money anymore. There are much better courses in the area for the money.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi Chepegolf. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Saxon Woods Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Aeration! Alert

The course is in great shape EXCEPT the greens, all of which were aerated and sanded today. While they use micro-holes, the greens are very sandy and will take a couple of weeks or a couple of soaking rains to settle down. In the meantime, Westchester County should discount green fees!

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello DavidVernonLustig. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The course was in very good shape. The pace of play was very good especially with Dunwoodie and sprain having outings.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, u530006027. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

I have been a Westchester County Parks Pass holder for 2 years and didn’t play Saxon Woods because it was always jammed. I showed up early on a Monday morning without a reservation and got right out.
The course is in very good condition for the amount of play it gets and the layout is short but will challenge you to make smart shots. The greens were a bit on the slow side but had subtle breaks.
It’s a very good every day course and value for locals.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi u302320711. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Saxon Woods Golf Course!

Great Course with a Nice Environment

This course is in good condition. The starter makes sure that you have plenty of time to start the round of golf. The signs for the Ts within the course are well marked. There is a shop midway to buy snacks and drinks and also use the restroom. Great experience to play here.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, MSGMD. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Great Course with Friendly Staff

This is the second time I have played golf in this course .
The greens are in great shape.
The course is well maintained.
Recommend it to others.

Commented on 09/16/2019

MSGMD, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Great Course in a Friendly Environment

This is the first time I came to play golf with a friend.
The facility was clean and friendly. The place was busy, but they accommodated me as promised. The starters were very friendly and efficient. The course was in a good condition. In cart map shows the distance and the hole configuration. At the 7th hole there is a snack bar for refreshments and snacks. I would recommend this facility without hesitation.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, garylibert. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Saxon Woods Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

not bad

the course is nice and well kept. staff isn’t too bad, they’re ok.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi dominuch. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Course was in great condition with the exception of a few muddy spots which was understandable from all the rain the area has had. Greens were fantastic. Overall a great day of golf.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, capt2363. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Great course... just loaded with slow player on weekend

Great course, great staff, great condition, just slow player.

Saxon Woods

A decent course to play if you are in the West Chester County area. A round for 3 on a busy Saturday afternoon with average pace of play at 4.5 hours.

The facilities are decent with the clubhouse food being the star. They have a driving range that essentially uses plastic balls (my 8 iron was going the same distance as my 5) & goes between the 10th tee box & fairway causing frequent pausing.

The course itself is hit & miss. For positives, it has challenging green complexes often with a downward sloping green to punish those who miss long & create tough down hill putts. Also often deep bunkers guarding the front of greens. Tee shots are often open & is not a worry for golfers out of the box. The worst part of the course would be the maintenance of the fairways. Since many fairways include hills & many elevation changes several are poorly maintained. Hole 3 was a standout for me as one of the worse on the course.

Overall I would play again if in the area but it is your average public course.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Hi Wjlapinski3. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make improvements. Thanks for visiting Saxon Woods Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Saxon Woods

Overall a decent course if you are in the West Chester area. Played on a Saturday afternoon so it was a bit crowded as anticipated but pace of play was decent at just over 4.5 hours.

The driving range uses limited flight balls that are essentially plastic & it stretches in between the 10th tee box & fairway.

The course itself was hit & miss. Some challenging green complexes with deep bunkers often in front. Several holes on the course are punishing if you miss long with a downward sloping green.

A few holes were in very bad shape; especially the fairways. Hole 3 stuck out as a poorly kept long Par 5.

Overall a decent round if you are in the area with a few challenging approach shots & fairly open contouring fairways.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Hot Saturday at the Saxon Woods

On short notice we went to the Saxon Woods course. Temp was high 90s if not 100. Staff was great. The course was in good condition. Fairways were tight on some holes and greens a little small but that made for a great challenge. Afterwards we stopped in at the restaurant for a cold beer. They were in the middle of setting up for a function but gladly took care of our needs. Only drawback they were out of cigars.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for your review, romanning. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Saxon Woods Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Scarsdale, New York