Thousand Hills Resort & Golf Club

Scorecard for Thousand Hills
Blue M: 66.5/125 385 124 460 203 340 367 164 350 388 2781 162 174 135 386 307 181 425 205 533 2508 5289
White M: 64.7/116 352 98 380 187 335 308 124 287 345 2416 136 148 130 338 268 151 399 168 464 2202 4618
Red W: 64.1/113 288 71 350 143 328 247 95 245 303 2070 101 128 101 259 223 127 315 117 401 1772 3842

Year Built 1996
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens Crenshaw Bentgrass
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting
Architect Bob Cupp (1996) Michael Riley

Fun Course that IS Hilly

Wife and i played and had a fun time. It is hilly and don't think walking is an option unless you're 20! I would like to see some steps from cart path to greens and some tee boxes... very steep walk up and down and somewhat slippery. A few holes are quirky as they tried to stuff this course into limited space. And it will play tougher than you would think looking at the card.

Best value in Branson.

This is a nice layout that is always in great shape! The only drawback can be the pace of play at times. During the peak season you will see some large groups.. We ended up behind a group of SEVEN on the back nine on this particular Sunday... But it's a great course nonetheless, if you can catch it uncrowded.

Surprising hidden gem - play it!

A great example of why length is not required to make a course interesting or challenging. This course is short, featuring lots of par 3 holes, but it's beautiful, challenging, interesting, fun to play. I'm a 12 handicapper and I had all I could handle from the blue tees. I loved the elevation changes and well-protected greens. My wife enjoyed how far forward the red tees were - a great layout for the ladies! Gary in the club house was super helpful.

garunteed to get your heart rate up.

Found course to be overall excellent. Very hilly. Almost Too much hill climbing for a 73 year old. Greens were in very good shape and challenging. Fall view were fabulous.

Training to be a mountain goat

Our ball was never on the same level as the cart path. Greens and tee boxes were above or below the cart path. Cart accessibility to fairways was minimal. Every tee box, fairway and green needs stairs or pathways. Potable water accessibility was terrible. It took us 4 1/2 hours to play because of accessibility. They are in an area where seniors vacation and yet it is not suitable to people with health or accessibility issues.

Challenging Course

Don't be fooled by the large number of par threes on this course and the 68 par. This is a fun but very challenging course. Not for the golfer who doesn't want to walk and climb slopes. Lots of play staying on cart paths.

Great place to play. We had several slow players in front of us so our round was longer than normal. We play this course several times a year. Will continue to play here every chance that we have.

Scenic & challenging Par 64

Greens were in excellent condition, but on the slow side. Good mix of holes with lots of challenging shots required. Hole 16 a disappointment in that we could not see the green or flag to know where it was over the tall vegitation in the marsh.

Fun course.

Short course. But challenging holes . Plenty of par threes.

Great course but take your walking shoes

Always enjoy playing thousand hills the staff keeps the course in excellent condition you don't always get to drive to your ball I enjoy walking but it can be challenging at times

Poor weather

the course renumbered some holes to make it quicker and easier to get around the course.

The course is in good shape and the staff is friendly and helpful. I never noticed it before when I played this course ,but they only have 2 drinking fountains on the front holes and a drinking fountain by number 17 tee box, which is the only one with cold water. The day I played the temperature was around 100 and when it is that hot you need to drink a lot of water. On this course you play 1-13 then you are back at the club house. When I got to the clubhouse I was hot and extremely thirsty. The lady running the grill helped to revive me and prepared me for the last few holes by giving me a cold cloth, ice water and water to keep cloth cold. I cannot recommend playing this course in the summer time when it is this hot until they get more cold drinking on the course. Most people that play this course are on vacation ,so what kind of vacation would they have if they overheated one day?

Branso golf

I've played most of the Branson courses and for the money , this is by far my favorite , you don't have to be a long ball hitter , just need a good short game , fairways and greens were in great shape , highly recommend this course

Bring your hiking shoes

The course was in good condition, but in spite of hot dry weather, most holes were closed to carts. So, having a cart was a bit misleading. As the course name implies, it is hilly. As a result of the numerous cart restrictions, you were frequently walking up or down fairly severe hills for all but about 6 holes. Greens were fast but well kept. Fairways were in great shape, but some were pretty narrow. Frequent play would help learn the nuances of the fairways to better position shots. We had two foursomes. For a couple of our players the walking was too much.

Very nice course

This course was in very nice condition. Yes, there are hills, but that's what makes the course challenging! I think we've discovered our new "best course" in the Branson area.

Beautiful course but lots of hills!

Greens and fairways were wonderfully kept, too many cart path only fairways, hills are a killer if temp is over 85...they are steep and no carts allowed.

Short but hilly

Too many ups and downs. cart path only for no apparent reason. Just not a fun resort course.

Over Rated

Course is very short and the designer tried to make up for distance with unreasonable challenge for the average golfer.

SLOW PLAY

I like the course and would would play it again. however the course does bottle up and constantly waiting to shoot. I also went on a Monday afternoon so I assume it is not there most busy of days.

Very nice

Just a nice scenic enjoyable place to play. We will be back.

great golf day

Had a great time playing golf with friends and family. We had a rain delay golf staff gave us rain checks so we ate at grill on course and finished playing later. The course was in great shape and the staff was great.

Branson, Missouri