Style Links
Bergen Point Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect William F. Mitchell (1971)

Unfriendly Staff

The green is good, fairway is ok.
Golf course is too soggy.
But the staff was so unfriendly, talking not nice and I have been ignored, due to my race or Gender !!!

Good course, could use some work

Great layout, greens in good condition, but some tees had odd weeds, some areas were stones and dirt. With a little more attention, this course could be great. Pace of play was very good (3.5 hours on Friday midday).

Slow Golf

My partner and I were teamed up with a third golfer. Nice kid. The greens and the fairway are excellent. The rough was tough and not manicured. Lots of bear spots. There was a twosome in front of us that turned a 4 hours round to a 5 hour round, There was no consideration. We waited every hole even though there was two holes open in front of them most of the round. The patrolling rangers did nothing to correct the situation. We yelled at the twosome at one point and they yelled back stating "We are playing for money" That was not our problem. Regards Mike A

It’s in great shape!

Played 9 holes their today in under 2 hours. Greens and fairways are in great shape. This course has come a long way and I enjoy it more and more every time I play. Great job to the greenskeeper and owner! Will be back soon!

METS FAN

Pace of play was very good, course was in pretty good condition

Twice as Nice

Second time playing here in 3 weeks but we made the mistake of going on the day the men's league plays so there were several holes where we were waiting for foursone after foursome to finish while foursome after foursome waited behind us. Luckily we paired with a father son team (both names Kevin) who were great guys and kept the day light and easy going. Our 8:30 tee ended around 1:05 so not too bad. Fairways were good, greens were fast and if you landed in the wrong rough you lost a ball. Still love this place though and will be back but probably not on a Thursday lol.

After reading some of these “expert” reviews about the course being a swamp and fairways a mess I was trying to figure out what people were talking about. Had no issues at all playing. The fairways were perfect and greens mint, if only people knew how to fix their ball marks.... would play again

Nice, but really unremarkable

Played here for the first time after hearing about the course from friends in Suffolk. The staff were really nice and got us out pretty quickly. The proshop is extremely empty, even by county course standards. I’m not sure they care to stock it or they were just out of stock, but it just seemed really weird. The conditions of the fairways and greens are extremely good for a Suffolk course. The greens are pretty challenging so make sure you have your line and speed. Unlike some other county courses , the holes were in good condition. Some of the other courses leave the pins in place for weeks and it’s like a lunar landscape around them and the edges are caved in.

If you aren’t on the fairway the conditions are not so good. Lots of sand and deadpan. I say the layout is unremarkable because to be honest I can’t remember any hole. The only one I really remember is the short par 5 that asks the longer hitters to hit over another green to keep a good line. I was rewarded with a great look at eagle, but some other golfers could hurt a group putting with a bad shot. The course just looks all the same otherwise. We got it for $47 with a cart so it was a good deal and fast round. Give the course a try, but it just wasn’t for me. I willingly say this, they have put a lot of TLC into the course since Sandy

N Y N J Advisor

A bit of a hidden gem.

For the most part, the course conditions are average except for the greens, which are in great shape and roll fairly quickly. The layout of the course is fairly open with minimal trees and plenty of water hazards. If you don't put it in the water, there's a good chance you'll have a shot at the green even if you are out of the fairway. Pace of play was great and played around 4 hours which is rare to see for courses in the area and a nice way to get away from the crowds at Bethpage. It was an enjoyable round.

Bucket??

The deal from Golf Now said the amount paid includes a bucket of range balls. We were not offered/reminded of this by anyone at the course. Not the biggest issue but still feel like it should have been mentioned especially since it was our first time there.

The course was in pretty good condition and we got out about 15 minutes early for our 8:45 tee time. The fairways and greens were fair but a tad quick with balls rolling further than they should. The rough? Boy was it ever. The difference was considerable and challening for everyone in our foursome. You needed a machette to find your ball even just 2-3 feet left or right of the fairways. Same around the green. Would have liked to see a little more of a gradual change from those areas but it is what it is.

But the open layout, the green grass and the occassional cool breezes made this a fun day out and definitely a place I will revisit in the near future.

Great course , awesome staff

First time playing Bergen point in a couple years , course looks fantastic. Kevin in the pro shop was very friendly and helpful. course was very well maintained, and pace of play was excellent as we finished 18 on a Saturday in 4.5 hours. Would definitely recommended, will be returning soon

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.