Mohansic Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals walkers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining dinner

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for leaving us four stars!

"challenging course"

kato69's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

mohansic is the best county course during the golf season. it needs to grow in after a tough winter. the employees are always friendly. there are some tough holes.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for leaving us four stars! We're working hard to get our conditions in tip-top shape after a long winter and we have no doubt that we'll succeed. Please come and see us again soon.

"Just ok"

Longstraightball's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

I have played most of the courses in the area but had not gotten out to Mohansic. From the clubhouse you can’t see much of the course so I was going into this round blind. They want $52 for this course but I got a hot deal for $33 which still felt like to much. The course is very hilly with tiny greens. The fairways were really long and it was hard to differentiate from the rough. The greens have a ton of slope and are the best part of the course. They were running at at least a 10 and very smooth. The layout has 8 blind holes which makes for a very unenjoyable round. 2-3 would be fine but half the course you are hitting blind. For the price just go to Hudson hills or even centennial and have a much better conditioned course. On a positive not the fish sandwich was really good and the bar has live music and a fun vibe. Go for a drink and the music not for the golf.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our layout but glad that you enjoyed our food and ambiance.

koflach's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the four stars!

"Really Playable"

chris1742885's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I love the layout of this course. I play here every Saturday during the summer and have been for years. The pro, Max, treats everyone well and is a great teacher. 1st hole is a slight dogleg left with a mild downhill tee shot, keep your approach short or you're in jail. Big right dogleg for the second and the 3rd is a long 4 as is the 4th. What I am saying is this is a good challenge and I could go on but I am going out to hit some balls. There is a decent driving range and a chipping area near the range and putting practice area by the clubhouse.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the great four-star review, Chris! We're so pleased to hear that you play with us every Saturday and we look forward to seeing you soon!

"It was cold!"

Tcostin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

We played even though the temperature was in the 40’s. Thus the title of the review.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 05/02/2018:

Thank you for the four stars! We're glad that you enjoyed your round despite the cold! We hope you'll return for a warmer round soon!

"Too slow"

Christophe3712228's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

Starter was running 30min late. It took 5 hours to play. Greens on #8 and #15 are not puttable due to extreme slope. Very scenic and nice layout.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank you for the helpful feedback! We apologize for the delayed start and slower play. Weekends can often get very busy. We're glad that you still enjoyed the scenery and layout and we hope you come again in the future.

"Nice surprise."

Tlynch's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Live close to this course but never played it. I thought for some reason it was a small course. Was pleasantly surprised at layout and course conditions. Will play again.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 11/01/2017:

Thank you for the four-star review! We're glad that you finally made it out onto the course and enjoyed yourself. Please come and see us again soon!

"Greens just aerated"

pgrayson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Greens freshly aerated and sand dressed.

Would have been nice to have been informed.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 10/02/2017:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We apologize for the lack of communication. We have since updated the notes and info on the online tee times.

"best county course"

kato69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

This is the best county course. They had a pro am recently and the course was in great shape. The staff is always friendly. The course is challenging and has a few greens where you need to stay below the hole.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 09/18/2017:

Thank you for the excellent compliment and five stars! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the outing and we hope to see you for another round soon!

"a bit overpriced"

robbstarr's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

fairly decent course, good greens. I would rate it a bit expensive for the conditions. Sand traps are some of the worst I have ever seen. every trap very hard, club skips across top, does not go into sand. tee boxes are a joke. uneven, not level and markers set no more than 15 feet apart.. hardly any difference between 1st and 2nd cut, and on many holes, hard to tell were rough begins and fairway ends. would be a good course for $45. at the price they are asking, would rate it poor. if you can get a deal, give it a crack.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Hello Robb, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mohansic Golf Course, in the Connecticut area. We are sorry to hear that our course conditions may not have been the best when you played. But, we are glad to see that you enjoyed the course layout and that you found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for the four stars!

"good challenging course"

Eschlussel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

hilly tough course. wide fairways but trees on both sides all holes

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 09/18/2017:

Thank you for the review and four-star rating! We hope you found your round fun, as well as challenging and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mako574's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Always a nice place to play and the course is kept in good condition. Sometimes the pace of play is very slow and there doesn't seem to be rangers attempting to move things along.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a helpful review! We will pass along your suggestions and we look forward to your next round with us!

"Much Improved from early season!"

Phil34Lombardo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Always love playing at Mohansic. Good mix of holes, decent in length, and it requires you to take out almost every club in the bag at one point or another.

The one problem I've had with the course this year is the hole placement. Some of the holes are place on unneven surfaces, so when you putt, the ball does not sit or stop near the hole, it will roll away. This was not on every hole, but it is a huge turnoff and doesn't meet the standard regulations. I consider myself to be a great putter, and I lost about 4 strokes because I would roll the ball right up to the hole and it would just roll back. When trying to improve your game and determine handicaps, having factors like this effect score is very frustrating.

Regardless, I shot a 44 on the front and a 45 on the back, but like I said, improving hole placement would make certain holes (14,15, 8 to name a few) much more enjoyable and I would have obviously loved to see an 85-86 on the score card rather than an 89.

Aside from that easily fixable issue, the course was in much better shape than it was early in the season (understandably so). The sand was in good shape (minimal rocks) , the tee boxes were great and the course itself played nicely.

Can't wait to come back!

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 06/29/2017:

Thank you for providing such great feedback, Phil! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the round and the course conditions, despite some of the hole placements. Sounds like you had a strong round and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Great public course"

RMCGolf33's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Monhansic is probably the best public course of the Westchester courses. Always enjoy playing it. It is challenging and can test your game well.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 06/14/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! We're thrilled to hear that we provide a fun and challenging experience for you!

"AMAZING STAFF, GREAT COURSE HORRIBLE PACE OF PLAY!"

Deron9878857's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

This was my first time playing this course. BEST County course by far! Driving range with real balls, putting green, chipping area. AMAZING STAFF! The course is challenging, I shoot between 88 and 94 (been playing for 2 years). pace of play on front 9 was ok, was able to shoot 44 as the pace was steady. We ran into a traffic jam on the back nine and it became frustrating and we were regularly waiting for 15 minutes per hole! We experienced a rain shower and the group in front of us decided to STOP in the middle of the fairway and hold EVERYONE up because they didn't want get wet. What made it worse was they wouldn't let anyone play through. As a result of a long wait the round went south as it became no fun due to the wait time. I thought Sprain Lake had a bad pace of play, but this was far worse. Over 5 hours for a round on a Thursday is not good.

The course itself was in amazing shape and even held up well after the rain. I look forward to playing it again, however I will not place after 10 am or weekends.

It's a shame as the facility was beautiful and the Staff was by far the nicest of all County Courses (Saxon Woods is a close second). The reason I put "Average" for value for the money is because you can play Lake Isle in Eastchester for virtually the same money.

COURSE A-

STAFF A+

VALUE B-

PACE OF PLAY F

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the terrific feedback! We do apologize for the slow play. We understand how frustrating that can be! Regardless, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

dufferman3513's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

It was midday Sunday so a 5 hour round was not too bad. Pace of play was slow but steady. Starter did a good job and rangers were monitoring slow hitters.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 06/01/2017:

We appreciate your patience with a bit of slow play on a busy Sunday but we're glad to hear that your round was fun overall!

"Best county course in Westchester"

pplmvr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

Great layout. Challenging from all tees. Every skill level can enjoy.

Response from Mohansic Golf Course on 06/01/2017:

Thanks so much for the kind words! We do our best to provide a great experience that's both fun AND challenging. Don't be a stranger now!

ronniekees's avatar