Type Public/Municipal
Indian Valley Golf Course
Scorecard for Indian Valley
Black M: 71.7/130 357 416 590 196 402 397 434 192 361 3345 329 351 518 160 385 398 196 430 424 3191 6536
Yellow M: 68.8/126 W: 75.3/136 326 394 556 183 366 358 369 171 346 3069 298 331 485 137 340 363 162 398 377 2891 5960
White M: 65.8/118 W: 71.1/128 300 341 503 144 355 311 354 148 312 2768 246 310 438 121 302 310 145 335 361 2568 5336
Red M: 64.9/107 W: 69.0/119 281 330 465 97 322 302 292 137 256 2482 221 241 416 112 283 302 110 324 310 2319 4801

Year Built 1968
Architect Ellis Maples (1968) Ed Seay (1974)

Clubs No

Junior Golfers 10

Plays Twice a year

Great value

It was my first time playing Indian valley .The staff was friendly, the course was in good shape. And for the price, it was a great value. I will definitely be back.

Good Value for the Money

I live in Alamance County but rarely play Indian Valley because it is pretty far from the interstate. I played with a friend over Memorial Day weekend for the first time in over a year and was impressed. Indian Valley is a good layout, with a variety of holes and hazards to challenge most players, but tends to stay soggy after rain because it runs along the Haw River. The greens are in very good shape, having been re-done a few years ago. Fairways were in good shape, and the pace of play was very good. The carts have recently been updated , and staff was friendly.

Hidden gem

This course remains one of the best kept secrets in the Greensboro area.
The greens are always phenomenal.
The course is challenging in ways that most new courses are not. You won't bomb your way around this place. This is a shot-makers course.
My only complaint is that the yardages from the red tees are difficult for my wife. But she's not a long hitter so that's maybe not the course's fault so much.
This course is a very fair test and a welcome change from the bomb and gouge layouts everywhere else.

Tee time was during a golf outing...

We arrived at the course and it was extremely busy for a Saturday morning. Lots of people going all over the parking lot, it looked lie they were getting ready for an outing. We went to check in and the staff had a good laugh. Our tee time did not exist as the course had been booked for a church golf outing. They said we could come back during the week and play for free. But since we were just visiting from out of state we turned them down. The proshop did tell us of other courses in the area that we might be able to get a tee time at. Luckily we did get one within the hour.

They cancelled my Tee Time because of a high school tournament. They offered a rain check for the next day and. When I called to confirm they told me I couldn’t play because of another tournament. I asked if I could tee off before the tournament and was told there are other courses in the area. I explained I had already payed through the GN app and was told I should ask for a refund.

Needs some work

The course from what i could tell used to be a good course but due to resent floods has took it's toll on some of the holes. The greens had been punched and sanded which made for slow untrue putts. I hope the the city can put some money and love back in the place. On the 11 hole you can physically see how high floods waters got. I would love to play aging but only after some repairs has been made.

Fun

I like this Ellis Maples design, Siler City country club and Quail Ridge also are as enjoyable! Indian valley gives plenty of opportunities to shoot low, I carded an 82 today and the conditions weren’t too shabby. It was so nice to play “non cart path only” golf today! The course was unusually quiet; more than likely due to the aeration and sand. I missed a few birdie putts as the ball hopped and jumped a bit but it’s all part of the game and all in good fun.

Fun day

The course was wet and cart path only but overall the pace of play was great and even though it was recently aerated it wasn't bad at all. Just a great day to get out and play a round!

Best value for your money

Even though the course is still wet from all the rain this winter, and there are several fairways where golf carts still can't ride, the course is in decent shape. Greens are firm and fast. Biggest complaint is that they had no real food. Usually they have hot dogs and sandwiches but none were available, which was not good since I hadn't eaten lunch!

Wonderful design

The course was very quiet. Each hole is unique and every hole is a challenge. The greens were in great shape and very fast. I loved this round and will be back.

Indian Vally

Can’t urge overall was in very good condition. Greens were just aerated so they were not perfect, but that is the o be expect d. This course is a great value. I recommend it highly.

Excellent value, good playing conditions, friendly staff, scenic, great layout

Indian Valley is always a pleasure to play.
This was my third time over the years.

Excellent value on Golf Now for a total of $20-18 holes. Great layout with several doglegs, elevation change, excellent fairways, decent greens. Tees need a little more turf, very firm. FREE yardage book was a nice touch, providing clear direction on best placement for shots throughout the round.

Pace of play was excellent, playing as a single in 3 hours for 18 holes. Passed up 3 groups on the back nine.

Great pro shop, with Christian and Bubba representing the friendly staff. Well-appointed locker room.

Indian Valley is a terrific municipal course that makes you want to play there multiple times.

I highly recommend Indian Valley to everyone.

Great weather, course conditions, terrific layout, friendly staff

Indian Valley is a pleasure to play. This was my third time over the years.

The yardage book, provided FREE, helped tremendously in knowing where to place shots throughout the round.

Indian Valley's layout is outstanding, with several doglegs, undulating greens, excellent scenery, and varied elevation.

Course conditions are good, with outstanding fairways. Greens are in decent shape and roll true. Tees are a little hard so I went with a plastic tee that fit in easily.

I had one of my better rounds tee to green. Going out as a single, pace of play was excellent. Three hours for 18, passing up groups on the back nine.

Greens wee receptive to bump and run shots. Also, the ball landed softly on approaches without going too far past the hole.

Pro shop is well stocked and the locker room is clean and well-appointed.

Christian checked me in on the Golf Now tee time, a great value. Bubba in the pro shop is very friendly.

I would highly recommend Indian Valley Golf Club. Traveling 40 minutes for a round was well worth it!

Great value

This course is a great value for the price. Fairways and greens are in good shape, course is short but challenging, and pace of play is excellent.

Player friendly in great location

The course was in the very good condition! Just wished it had been a little cooler that day ,good thing we had plenty of cold drinks.

Unorganized

I booked through GolfNow and when I arrived the guy in the shop couldn't find the booking. They had multiple singles and twosomes all over the course on a Saturday. The greens are in good shape but you need a hammer to get a tee in the ground on the tee boxes.

Burlington, North Carolina
McLeansville, North Carolina
Browns Summit, North Carolina
Brown Summit, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.
1005 Indian Valley Dr, Burlington, North Carolina 27217, Alamance County