A view of a fairway at UNC Finley Golf Course.

UNC Finley Golf Club

Year Built 1949
Architect Tom Fazio (1999) George Cobb (1949)

Carts Yes - $22

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

On a College Campus 48

Course in good shape

Haven’t played here in a few years. . It’s in good shape. It’s a little pricey though.
Not crowded today which was nice. Friendly staff

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. UNC Finley Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Great, but...

Course was great as always. The booking fee was a surprise. It presents itself on line as a deposit but when I got to the pro shop the attendant said it was a convenience fee. I said $14.00 dollars to book a tee time, really? That's absurd, I will never book on line at Finley again.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Excellent Course

Great course in excellent condition. Challenging yet a real fun course to play. Pace was a bit slow.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we hope to see you at the course again soon. UNC Finley Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 10/02/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at UNC Finley Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Need to solve issue of not being able to book as a single

As a Rams club member I get a discount on golf here, but I am unable to use it as I cant book a Tee-time as a single. I can book online as a single with a credit card (for higher cost), so why not with the club with a credit card? this is a problem with all golf courses - it stinks!
In addition when I did book they paired me with a threesome that turned up with 4 so tried to push me back AFTER them. After some discussion they sent me off before them so it was OK, but courses need to respect the single golfer as well if you want to grow the game of golf and to keep us coming back!

Commented on 09/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/29/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Disappointing Greens

I keep playing this course because I like the layout and proximity to my home. However, I continue to be disappointed with the condition of the greens. They never improve and I have now decided to discontinue playing Finley. It’s too bad.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Lou, great to have you out here to UNC Finley again yesterday and glad it was a perfect weather day. Sorry your experience with the greens weren’t as good as you’d like. As you might know we have bent grass greens and during the high heat months of June-August we keep the greens at a higher cut and with more moisture on them to help with the extreme hot/humid conditions. We have just begun to lower the mower height in the past week with some cooler temps (which bent grass greens like) we will continue to lower the mower height and the greens will get firmer and faster. Now through May the greens are really excellent….we’ve begun hearing positive comments about this in the past week. Look forward to having you notice these changes as well. See you soon!

Course conditions were excellent. It was a very playable course from the Gold's. Some trouble, but open enough to not lose too many balls.

Everything was in great shape, however I would have lilked to see quicker greens. They were pretty slow. Best course so far of the 3 I have played in the Pittsboro, Chapel Hill area.

Perfect condition

Absolutely love this course. Great layout with some risk rewards and plenty of room to get up and down. Nature all around. It’s just a great place to play golf.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course!

Always worth playing

Course was in good shape except the greens were very slow, like putting on Velcro. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at UNC Finley Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course in great shape

Course is in great shape. Two suggestions - put the clock back on the building by the range, and put a list of the distances to the range flags so we don't have to shoot them ourselves.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Love this course

I always love to play Finley. The greens are just coming back from aeration and they are still a little slow and bumpy. Rough has gotten very thick so you want to stay in the fairway. Fun course!

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing UNC Finley Golf Course.

Great layout and muni course greens

This course has a great layout and good conditions other than the greens, for 70 plus dollars you should not have bumpy slow greens, I do not know why you would not have Bermuda greens. IF THIS IS A HIGH DIVISION ONE COLLEGE COURSE I EXPECT DECENT GREENS. This is the worst reveiw I have ever given but for this price you should have better greens. Just to add on you have a massive practice facility and we had to hit off of turf matts under concrete that you could not get a tee in to hit driver off of, I am sure you get a lot of play but when it comes to a practice facility and greens you do not live up to the UNC chapel hill name.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 2 stars. We take your feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing UNC Finley Golf Course.

The course was absolutely beautiful. The greens were in good shape but they rolled a little bit slower than they looked. The ranger working the driving range and tee box was about as rude as you could be. Very bad attitude needs to choose his choice of words much better. But one bad apple doesn't mess up a bunch I would definitely recommend this course to anybody just stay away from the jerk around the driving range

Commented on 09/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we hope to see you again in the future. UNC Finley Golf Course thanks you!

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021