UNC Finley Golf Club
Blue/White (W) 72 5909 yards 73.9 133
White/Red 72 5405 yards 66.2 118
White/Red (W) 72 5405 yards 71.1 126
Scorecard for The UNC Finley Golf Club
Black M: 74.9/138 427 351 562 409 218 526 366 166 453 3478 450 422 207 563 164 490 445 556 448 3745 7223
Gold M: 72.9/134 396 340 521 389 178 499 366 156 440 3285 423 402 181 543 164 432 421 531 399 3496 6781
Blue M: 70.4/130 W: 76.1/140 363 313 490 363 168 456 335 131 394 3013 371 384 160 479 136 404 359 509 371 3173 6186
Blue/White M: 68.7/127 W: 73.9/133 333 313 490 335 168 456 335 131 368 2929 371 370 160 479 136 380 298 446 340 2980 5909
White M: 66.9/122 W: 72.9/132 333 283 439 335 110 422 249 119 368 2658 352 370 150 433 114 380 298 446 340 2883 5541
White/Red M: 66.2/118 W: 71.1/126 333 283 439 335 110 422 249 119 343 2633 352 293 150 433 114 346 298 446 340 2772 5405
Red M: 63.6/109 W: 68.8/120 296 223 395 312 93 399 226 107 343 2394 320 293 122 423 93 346 231 418 302 2548 4942

Year Built 1949
Architect Tom Fazio (1999) George Cobb (1949) Beau Welling (1999)

Carts Yes - $23

Practice Hole Yes

On a College Campus 48

Commented On 05/22/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at UNC Finley. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

So slow

They let a fivesome out who were unbelievably slow. No sign of a Marshall to move play on. I was just told to “hit a couple balls”, but was pressured from behind because there was a threesome playing at a reasonable pace behind me.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing UNC Finley.

Excellent

Played the UNC home course while visiting Raleigh. Condition and design impressed me. It is a fair but challenging course, glad I chose to play.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing UNC Finley.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hi, Marc. Thank you for visiting us @UNCFinleyGolfCourse. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great design. Slow greens.

I have played this wonderful course for over 20 years. It's a great design and conditions are always spectacular. The only downside is that they don't monitor pace of play and that they refuse to cut or roll the great greens. Finley's greens are considerably slower than its fine neighbors, even on a spectacular 80 degree day with no chance of burning. This makes it very difficult to putt if you play anywhere else. I don't play here nearly as much as I used to because of the pace of the greens.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hi, Bob. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @UNCFINLEYGOLFCOURSE.

Best Course In The Triangle

I had an amazing time at UNC Finley. The course was in excellent. The greens were perfect and rolled nicely. The hole layouts were very fun. Shorter course which I loved. I use to bounce around to different courses now Finley will be my go to.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Hello, and thank you for your kind words! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time on the course. We will pass along our positive experience to our team so they'll know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing UNC Finley.

Course Under Water

I understand that the rain is completely out of the course’s control, and we’ve been getting a lot of it. However, when we played Sunday morning, it hadn’t rained since Friday and the course was barely playable. There was practically standing water or mud on every tee box and the same could be said about every fairway lie you got. Again, not that the staff has control over the weather or drainage, but they do have control over how much they charge you in conditions like that. And, full price should NOT be the answer there. We should have known when the range was closed because of standing water that the course would be in such bad shape, but even more so, the staff should have been offering discounted rates to play.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing UNC Finley. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 04/05/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @UNCFINLEYGOLFCOURSE.

Challenging but fair

Great course several tee boxes for your skill level

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for the great review and 5-star rating. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @UNCFINLEYGOLFCOURSE.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Love the course, but wish I had walked

I've played Finley many times in the past, but it's usually pretty expensive to play, especially in season, so when I find a good deal like this one, I take it. Normally, I'd happily ride, but I wish I had walked this time around because carts had to stay on paths, and Finley's paths are set pretty far off the fairway in spots. I just didn't have my push cart with me. The course was very wet, which was to be expected because of the copious rain in the previous days and weeks. The greens were in pretty good shape, though. The staff is very friendly, and the clubhouse is one of the best in the area. The practice range is awesome (very big) as is the putting green.

Commented On 03/25/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Really Nice

Excellent condition and layout, a little wet but that’s winter for ya, get your short game ready though

Commented On 01/23/2019

Thanks Mmckinney1 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at UNC Finley Golf Course.

Ground under repair

When I booked the round I wasn’t aware the front nine was under repair. There wasn’t any mention of the front nine greens being spiked through golfNOW.com. This, we played the back nine twice. Also, I was able to hook up with two people and when they called a few days earlier they were not aware of the course maintenance taking place either. I did play the course back in December of 2018 and was pleased back then. Better communication would have been helpful.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. We apologize for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the tee time notes is important to us. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at UNC Finley.

Although the course was a little wet from all the rain, it’s always great to play Finley. The staff was great and the layout is beautiful.

Commented On 03/08/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 12/31/2018

Commented On 12/05/2018

Thank you cpoff for the fantastic 5-star review of UNC Finley Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Played the course several times before and like the layout and greens. Conditions were wet and therefore "cart path only" which made club selection difficult but understand due to conditions.

Commented On 11/30/2018

Thank you sutika9911 for the fantastic 5-star review of UNC Finley Golf Club in Chapel Hill, NC. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Commented On 11/28/2018

Thank you cpoff for the fantastic 5-star review of UNC Finley Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Beautiful but soggy

This was our first time to the course and for the most part we loved it. Nice layout, great conditions, great practice facility and clubhouse. We were warned that it was soggy in places and it certainly was but it was hard to tell if it was from recent rain or drainage problems. We'll definitely play it again. It's also a little odd to make the turn after 11 holes instead of nine. My one hangup is that it's a bit overpriced. I guess that's to keep the Duke and NC State riffraff out. But next time we have a coupon, and a free weekday, and it hasn't rained in a while, we'll be back.

Commented On 11/09/2018

Thank you Buddhitarian as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at UNC Finley Golf Club.

Commented On 11/07/2018

Thank you tarek as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at UNC Finley Golf Club.

Valid dates: Jun 01, 2019 - Jul 31, 2019
Stay 4 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott NE in Columbia with daily breakfast and play 5 rounds for just $486 per person.
Dare to Compare! Summer golf special in Aiken, SC