2.4
2.6

Quail Creek Golf Club is tied for being the most difficult public course in the St. Louis area. Designed by Hale Irwin, the course is laid across rolling hills laced with meandering streams. The layout requires accuracy with narrow fairways and hard-to-read greens. Water hazards come into play frequently as do trees and bunkers. It is a formidable test for any skill level. Most of the holes have a risk-reward element, making the course more accessible by placing an emphasis on strategy over strength. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 ninth. It will favor golfers who successfully cut the corner, making it possible to reach the green in two. This tricky hole demands accurate mid-iron play. Quail Creek Golf Club finishes with an interesting par 4 that has water along the left side of both the fairway and green.

Quail Creek Golf Club St Louis

Year Built 1985
Architect Hale Irwin (1985) Gary Kern (1985)

There are many better options

I had my worst golf experience at this course. First of all the golf carts work. The first cart the brake would not set so the cart would unsafely roll so I had to move to a cart that worked. Next, most of the greens are diseased so there a big bare spots that you cannot put over. Lastly, the foursome in front of me would not let me play through. After speaking with the folks in the clubhouse, they said because I received the hot deal rate, I should expect to play approx 15-20 min per hole. I asked for a rain check to come back when it was not so busy and was told they don't issue rain checks. Too bad, so sad. I decided to leave after only playing 4 holes. I figured they needed my $25 more than I did.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. As far as the raincheck goes, sounds like you prepaid for a Hot Deal on GolfNow.com. When this is the case, no money is paid to the pro-shop so there is no money that is owed back from the course. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello, Rick. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Quail Creek another try in the near future.

Terrible Experience. Save your time/money.

Went here last Saturday for the first time to check the course out. I read over some the reviews prior and could understand the course not being in the best condition due to previous weather conditions, but would have been nice for course to have some sort of disclaimer or readily let players know when booking a tee time. Either or, the weather was perfect out and most of the course was decent. A lot of the greens were in pretty poor condition. Some due to the damage from flooding, but others simply not kept up on. The biggest complaint I really have is with the staff specifically the Marshall that was out that day and the staff cleaning the carts when we wrapped up. As we rounded the first 9 past the club house we made a quick stop to grab a drink and some chips from the clubhouse. The staff outside was outside complaining on how long they've been there that day and really just about working at this course so that was disappointing to overhear since they were having that conversation right in front of the entrance to the clubhouse. The Marshall came by on hole 14 and informed us that he told the group in front of us to speed it up, which we appreciated, but then when we were getting ready to layup on the green on 18 he came by shouting from about 30 yards away. We couldn't make sense to what he was saying so he became frustrated and shouted more. After I physically walked over his exact words were "I thought I told you guys to hurry up!?" He must've been confused and thought we were the 4 some he previously told to speed up. This went on for about 5 minutes where he was delaying the players behind us even more due to his confusion and frustration. Last issue was with the staff when I was bringing the cart back after unloading my clubs. I pulled the cart up to have the employee outside immediately start spraying down the cart while i was grabbing my phone and wallet from the compartment. It's pretty sad I had to ask him to stop spraying the cart down as he was getting myself wet from doing so.

All in all, we will definitely not be returning to this course. I'd rather drive the extra 15 - 20 minutes to a course that has proper expectations set for players to come play. Hopefully management at the course can turn this around, but won't be back to find out.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello, Austin. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please contact our management team at (314) 487-1988. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/16/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @QuailCreekGolf!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great layout but the course is in quite the disrepair.

Besides the lack of care, traps without sand and all that it’s actuslly an amazingly challenging and fun course.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we are glad to hear you enjoyed the challenge and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Disappointing in every aspect

Course is in terrible condition, granted it’s a public course with a low budget I assume. To make things worst than the nearly unplayable conditions, I watched the “manager” get into a shouting match with two paying customers on the first tee box and threaten to call the police. Pretty sad to see what’s happened to this course over the years. Management seems to be packing it in and turning anyone off to playing there opposed to trying to bring in business and improve relations with the customers that keep this course afloat.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello, Mike. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

USGA Approved Golf Course Designed By Hale Irwin Pro Golfer

I have played this Golf Course frequently for the last 2 Years keep coming back. I hit off the Gold tees and can Usually bogey a lot of time. and par if my putting is good and of course cant find the ball problem and other golfers messing your game up being jerks . This Course will measure how good you really you are as a golfer. Everyone I talk to says this is a Hard Golf course. I enjoy the challenge and will keep playing at Quail Creek

Commented on 08/16/2019

Hello. Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again and again at the course! Thanks for choosing @QuailCreekGolf.

Terrible Course

I just finished 18 holes at Quail Creek in St Louis, Mo & would not recommend it to anyone. All areas of the course were in terrible condition. It was over 90 degrees and there was no water on the course except at club house. I paid $30 which is more than I normally pay at much better courses. Will never play there again.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Specifically, we apologize for the course conditions and lack of drinking water on the course. We are actively working to improve conditions, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, and thank you for your review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Nice Public Course

As long as you don''t go to the course expecting a resort or country club experience this course is fine. It is what it is. . . a public course within a county Park. That being said aside from a few rough maintenance issues (1/2 of green number 2 is under repair due to water damage, a few dirt oatches in a few fairways, rough cart paths, and a few sketchy spots on other greens), I thought the course played great. Enjoyable layout overall and average course conditions.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. It has been a very wet season. Our staff has been working hard to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We appreciate your feedback. We will inform the entire team their hard work is paying off, and we look forward to having you back @QuailCreekGolf!

Conditions are improving...

Course was in good condition especially due to the recent flooding in the area. Grounds crew are doing a great job getting it back into shape. Can’t wait to play there again in the fall since summer in St Louis can be a little hot and humid!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @QuailCreekGolf!

Front nine closed

Could only play back nine twice due to flooding. All things considered wasn’t in bad shape. Greens were slow.
Good value.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello, Hank. Thank you for reviewing the course. We did have to close the front 9 due to flooding, but we have reopened all 18 holes. Your feedback about the price of our course is also important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/13/2019

Hello, Hank. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting @QuailCreekGolf!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course only has 9 holes open. This was not disclosed when booking through GolfNow

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about the missing booking icons is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/07/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We apologize for any confusion, however, the course alert is indicated on the GolfNow website. Details regarding play are also listed in the tee time notes. Thanks for visiting Quail Creek. We hope to see you again in the future.

Beautiful course

With all the rain they’ve had, they had to shut down the front 9; however, the back nine I played twice. It was super hard first time. I still really enjoyed playing. This course has soooo much potential.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Brian. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @QuailCreekGolf.

Commented on 06/07/2019

Brian, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @QuailCreekGolf.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

This place needs to go out of business or get new owner

Called up there to play nine person who answers the phone says they would let’ us we get there and they said they close at 6 when we called at 6:40

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. Thank you for choosing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/24/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to course management to discuss this matter further, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for choosing Quail Creek.

Not two years ago

If you’re familiar ? Old day shape coming back!! Believe it or not? Worthy of the homecoming ! To be clear! Not the pristine of yesterday’s , still one of the best layouts in the metro.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve. Let us know more in the comments how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 05/22/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We'll let to team know their hard work is paying off and we hope to see you back @QuailCreekGolf!

A new low even for Quail Creek

This course and its people are horrible. Played yesterday. Front nine was closed due to flooding. Nothing they can do about that. Except they should note that on their website when making reservations. Person who took my money at check in didn't even tell me then! Drove to first tee and that's the first time I discovered this. So naturally it was a long, slow day with all golfers playing the back nine twice. Terribly irresponsible to take golfers money without telling them about these conditions. Never going back!

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/07/2019

Hello, Scott. Thank you for reviewing the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop to further resolve the issue, and thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Poor customer customer relations

Booked 4 players with Golf Now. Policy States if you cancel, you must call 24 hours in advance but no mention of , No Rain Checks. We picked a rainy day but decided to try and giv it a go anyway. After paying we played one hole, rain started and was scheduled for rest of day. Returned to club house and asked for a rain check. No rain checks.
Not a word on Golf Now saying no rain checks so don’t bother booking if you expect a rain check. Manager was very rude when we objected. He said “we don’t want golfers like you anyway”
There’s plenty of other choices for playing golf. Go someplace friendly.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. If you have not already done so, please contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for further resolution. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please reach out to course management to discuss the issue further. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to hear from you soon.

Bad Experience

I have played this course many times in the past. This is the first time I have ever been yelled at by an employee. The person collecting balls on the range drove up on the 11th fairway and yelled at our foursome "Speed Up your play! There are two groups waiting behind you and nobody in front, the course is wide open." He then drove away. We had a foursome that had played the front in 2 hours 15 minutes. It was cart path only, and the course was not in great shape. We were not playing slow. The group behind us was a three some and a single behind them. This employees actions were not warranted and he was rude. I know it will be a long time before I consider playing this course again. I have played this course many times and I consider it one of my favorite go to courses.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Hope It Gets Better

I want to like Quail as I really enjoy the layout and its basically in my backyard. I’ve made a minimum of a dozen attempts to play this course recently and have been unable to be provided a tee time after 12:57. The two times I have been able to successfully get on, It felt like I had to negotiate my way into paying to be able to play. I was subsequently only allowed to play 9 which was puzzling as it was early in the afternoon. I also felt as if my business was an inconvenience to the staff and have not felt very welcomed there the last several times I’ve played. I had a chance to play Tapawingo and Columbia last week and realized a stark contrast with how professional and cordial their teams were. In discussing this course with one of my members yesterday, they seemed to validate this with nearly identical experiences. I’m hoping this is not indicative of what the future holds for this property as I really appreciate its convenience and challenge. This course seems reflective of management that is not engaged and passionate about providing a quality product and experience but this would be speculation at best. Fun course if you are given the opportunity to play.

Commented on 05/24/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope you'll give us another try.

Arnold, Missouri
Sunset Hills, Missouri
Fenton, Missouri
High Ridge, Missouri

Valid dates: Nov 19, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
NEW Online Stay & Play Promotion running through the end of February.
From $1900