2.3
2.3

Quail Creek Golf Club is tied for being the most difficult public course in the St. Louis area. Designed by Hale Irwin, the course is laid across rolling hills laced with meandering streams. The layout requires accuracy with narrow fairways and hard-to-read greens. Water hazards come into play frequently as do trees and bunkers. It is a formidable test for any skill level. Most of the holes have a risk-reward element, making the course more accessible by placing an emphasis on strategy over strength. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 ninth. It will favor golfers who successfully cut the corner, making it possible to reach the green in two. This tricky hole demands accurate mid-iron play. Quail Creek Golf Club finishes with an interesting par 4 that has water along the left side of both the fairway and green.

Quail Creek Golf Club St Louis

Year Built 1985
Architect Hale Irwin (1985) Gary Kern (1985)

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Beautiful day to golf

Got there a little late due to emergency vehicles they let me play. Paired up with another person and we did 18 in around 3.5 hrs. The conditions of the fairways are very good . The greens are average it would help if people would fix their divots. The tee boxes are also in real good shape. I enjoyed the day and the company. If you are a competitive golfer with a 6 handicap or better this would not be your golf course

Great layout, bad shape

Greens in terrible shape..... not a bad value but won’t go back. Fun layout

Greens are atrocious.

The layout is good. The tees are ok. The fairways are good. The greens are some of the worst I have ever played. Dead spots. Bare spots. Burnt spots. Unbelievably slow green speed. For $44, I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone because the greens were so bad.

Good to Practice

Very playable. My criteria is turf to hit from and Quail has delivered on that aspect. The whole course is rough and has gone down hill, but it's a great layout and has decent turf to play your shots. The greens rolled well despite many bare spots and diseased areas. Lots of standing water on the day we played from heavy storms the night before. Lots of walkers playing today and maybe a good call due to the condition of the cart path.

Great Layout

This course has a tough and challenging layout. I suspect this has influenced some of the poor ratings. Golfers tend to be in a bad mood after a course kicks their butt.

The course does need some work, but it is not in the terrible shape some have described. The vast majority of the fairways are in decent to really good shape. The cart paths are a mess, but who cares? Exactly how does that affect your golf game. The one legitimate complaint is about the greens. There are several greens that have areas of no grass. But it really was not a factor when I played. On the greens with bad patches is was about 10% of the green and the pins were not placed in the baf areas.

Rude Staff and Terrible Greens

This was my second time playing this course and it will be my last. Before getting to my cart the starter took our cooler and rudely told us to return our drinks to our car. Not a problem we didn’t know what was allowed and what was not. After returning to my cart from placing the drinks back into my car, the employee accused me of “sneaking” the drinks back in my bag. After showing him my bag was empty he told me that since I “lied” to him the first time it showed him a lot about my character. I was caught off guard by this statement, as this employee knows nothing about me other than this current interaction. No one was trying to sneak drinks in, we complied with his demands and were still accused. I found this to be very unprofessional from the employee, I later found out his name is Brian. Once on the course we were very disappointed to see the greens were in terrible shape. Our putts were bouncing all over the place, you could not get a smooth putt on almost any hole. The cart paths were also bad, cracks and potholes every where. After playing the 18th hole we were stopped by another course employee who accused us of playing the front 9 twice. After explaining to him we had only played our full 18 he apologized and said it must have been a group behind us. The lack of friendliness from these two employees is the main reason none of us will return.

Quail Creek

The layout is very challenging. Fairways are OK. Greens are thin and show some disease, Tee boxes are very firm and show wear. Rough was not too long. Years ago this was a good place to play. Course maintenance seems to be lacking in a number of venues . Even with the hot deal by the time you add all the additional fees it wasn’t that much less than the normal price .

Course was Very nice well maintained

I enjoy Playing at this golf course played this course for last 4 Years this course is the real deal USGA designed by a legendary pro golfer. Hale Irwin. I would recommend this to course to mid Handicappers or better players. The course does require accuracy. My advise bring extra Golf balls and give it a try

So sad to see

I live too close to not go. I grew up on this course, it’s so sad to see what it has become. Hopefully one day it will be bought by people with a passion for the game that will invest into the course.

Great round

Shot a +7. Fairways were open and the course was nice. Greens need a little work but they rolled well.

Greens are bad

Course is overpriced for the conditions. Greens are burnt, patchy, and dying. Had to move balls to not putt on dirt. Cool course just needs upkeep.

Skip it

Played today with a couple buddies. Courage is in decent shape and that’s probably putting it nicely. Because of virus concerns, there were ZERO flags in the pins which made it impossible to know where to shoot. I’d skip this and play another course in the area which provides a better value for the money.

This was the worst course I have ever played on and I hope no one else goes there to play.

My son and I booked on GolfNow and selected Quail Creek because I had played the course many years ago. The carts operated poorly, but the cart path were worse. They were dangerous and in terrible condition. Tee boxes were jammed together and one tee box had the water connection in the middle of the tee box. Fairways had standing water that could not be detected until you were right on it by foot or cart. Finally, the greens were in the worse condition I have experienced and not really even playable. After 9 holes we had had enough and asked for our money back or at least a credit for the remaining 9 holes (I would have given the credit to someone I didn’t care for.) You guessed it, NO was the answer. As we left the facility, I wanted to warn others of the terrible condition of the course. That’s what I think GolfNow should do for people who aren’t familiar with the course they choose or haven’t been there in many years. I dare you to have someone go take a look at this location and see if you continue to allow it to remain on the app.

Arnold, Missouri