2.4
2.6
2.4

Quail Creek Golf Club is tied for being the most difficult public course in the St. Louis area. Designed by Hale Irwin, the course is laid across rolling hills laced with meandering streams. The layout requires accuracy with narrow fairways and hard-to-read greens. Water hazards come into play frequently as do trees and bunkers. It is a formidable test for any skill level. Most of the holes have a risk-reward element, making the course more accessible by placing an emphasis on strategy over strength. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 ninth. It will favor golfers who successfully cut the corner, making it possible to reach the green in two. This tricky hole demands accurate mid-iron play. Quail Creek Golf Club finishes with an interesting par 4 that has water along the left side of both the fairway and green.

Quail Creek Golf Club St Louis
Scorecard for Quail Creek Golf Club
Black M: 73.6/136 353 470 170 430 475 410 560 225 520 3613 358 503 375 220 470 430 161 500 420 3437 7050
Gold M: 73.4/127 353 457 166 415 442 385 546 215 510 3489 358 503 365 220 460 414 161 485 401 3367 6856
Blue M: 71.3/126 333 425 151 380 399 353 508 182 484 3215 350 488 351 182 391 378 140 479 360 3119 6334
White M: 70.0/125 W: 74.5/131 298 410 142 306 386 332 478 176 477 3005 336 468 336 154 385 361 123 470 347 2980 5985
Red M: 66.1/113 W: 71.0/118 278 345 134 294 367 300 416 122 421 2677 292 424 287 113 335 300 95 388 301 2535 5212
Green W: 69.0/113 270 335 111 245 300 270 408 115 415 2469 284 416 283 109 328 294 91 380 294 2479 4948

Year Built 1985
Architect Hale Irwin (1985) Gary Kern (1985)

Not two years ago

If you’re familiar ? Old day shape coming back!! Believe it or not? Worthy of the homecoming ! To be clear! Not the pristine of yesterday’s , still one of the best layouts in the metro.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We'll let to team know their hard work is paying off and we hope to see you back @QuailCreekGolf!

#GolfLife
#letsglow
#GolfTravel
#GolfFriends
#drivechipandputt
#BeautifulGolfCourses

A new low even for Quail Creek

This course and its people are horrible. Played yesterday. Front nine was closed due to flooding. Nothing they can do about that. Except they should note that on their website when making reservations. Person who took my money at check in didn't even tell me then! Drove to first tee and that's the first time I discovered this. So naturally it was a long, slow day with all golfers playing the back nine twice. Terribly irresponsible to take golfers money without telling them about these conditions. Never going back!

Commented On 05/07/2019

Hello, Scott. Thank you for reviewing the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop to further resolve the issue, and thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Poor customer customer relations

Booked 4 players with Golf Now. Policy States if you cancel, you must call 24 hours in advance but no mention of , No Rain Checks. We picked a rainy day but decided to try and giv it a go anyway. After paying we played one hole, rain started and was scheduled for rest of day. Returned to club house and asked for a rain check. No rain checks.
Not a word on Golf Now saying no rain checks so don’t bother booking if you expect a rain check. Manager was very rude when we objected. He said “we don’t want golfers like you anyway”
There’s plenty of other choices for playing golf. Go someplace friendly.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please reach out to course management to discuss the issue further. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to hear from you soon.

Bad Experience

I have played this course many times in the past. This is the first time I have ever been yelled at by an employee. The person collecting balls on the range drove up on the 11th fairway and yelled at our foursome "Speed Up your play! There are two groups waiting behind you and nobody in front, the course is wide open." He then drove away. We had a foursome that had played the front in 2 hours 15 minutes. It was cart path only, and the course was not in great shape. We were not playing slow. The group behind us was a three some and a single behind them. This employees actions were not warranted and he was rude. I know it will be a long time before I consider playing this course again. I have played this course many times and I consider it one of my favorite go to courses.

Commented On 04/19/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Quail Creek. We hope to see you again soon.

Hope It Gets Better

I want to like Quail as I really enjoy the layout and its basically in my backyard. I’ve made a minimum of a dozen attempts to play this course recently and have been unable to be provided a tee time after 12:57. The two times I have been able to successfully get on, It felt like I had to negotiate my way into paying to be able to play. I was subsequently only allowed to play 9 which was puzzling as it was early in the afternoon. I also felt as if my business was an inconvenience to the staff and have not felt very welcomed there the last several times I’ve played. I had a chance to play Tapawingo and Columbia last week and realized a stark contrast with how professional and cordial their teams were. In discussing this course with one of my members yesterday, they seemed to validate this with nearly identical experiences. I’m hoping this is not indicative of what the future holds for this property as I really appreciate its convenience and challenge. This course seems reflective of management that is not engaged and passionate about providing a quality product and experience but this would be speculation at best. Fun course if you are given the opportunity to play.

Great Challenge

Tough time of year for most any course in this area. The geese are back at the course in number. This course always provides a great challenge.

Commented On 03/01/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the 4-star review. We are glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @QuailCreekGolf.

#Golf
#GolfFriends
#GolfTravel
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Another fail!

So I called regarding try to get a tee time because the web page was not accepting times, I told the gentleman this and he acted as if I was bothering him, His response was a snippy what day, it was all days I told him, he said he would look into it, made no effort or showed any concern and pretty much was a jerk. By the way you might want to update your webpage to 2019 and let people know you completely walked away from Sunset Hills and that is no longer a membership option. Obviously the course is still struggling to find a management that can change a web page and answer the phone.

Commented On 03/11/2019

Hello Elam. Thank you for your interest in Quail Creek. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. We see you rated the course 1-star and we apologize for your experience. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our management team. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for choosing Quail Creek.

January Golf

Really enjoyed the course. Didn’t know what to expect in January but it was in good shape. Challenging but playable. Staff was nice enough but seemed stressed out.

Commented On 01/07/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for the review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Course in bad shape . Extremely high food and beverage prices . Yard markets hard to find . Layout is good but I would not pay to much for this and don’t show up hungry and less you want to pay Ball Park prices

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello, Ron. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us a chance to change your mind in the future. Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

North Dakota Dad

My dad was in from North Dakota, so the fact the temp was in the low 30’s on the first tee box wasn’t going to stop us from playing. I did come prepared with a cart cover and little heater so it wasn’t bad at all, and we played all 18 without any complaints about the cold. For winter conditions the course wasn’t in bad shape at all. The greens and fairways have come a long way since last year, butI hope the cart paths are on the to do list because they are getting pretty rough. We had a great round and I think we were the only two golfers around for the time we were there.

Commented On 12/26/2018

Hi!. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Beautiful course

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were all good. The only thing lacking is yardage markers!

Commented On 10/31/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Poor golf Course Condition

It is an excellent course layout with some very challenging holes but the condition is poor.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hi, Bill. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Has gotten much better recently

I have played here many times over the last 25 years. It had gotten to be really rough earlier in the summer, but I was very pleasantly surprised this time. They have done a ton of work on the bunkers and most are in good shape again. Still a few bare spots in a couple fairways and a handful of bunkers that were in need of TLC. Overall, it looked significantly better than just a few weeks ago. Give it another try.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/11/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Great value for the mnaldooney

Course is in better shape than I expected. Sure there are dead spots in some fairways and some greens have small patches of dead. But for the price it is an excellent value. It’s not the easiest course or the shortest but not bad at all.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/19/2018:
Hello, Kenton. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Another nice day at Quail Creek

This course is a great value. I live nearby and try to play here every week. The fairways have come in nicely and the greens are great, putting true and holding approach shots. Hopefully, in the future, they repair the bunkers--not only by adding sand but putting in some drainage pipes. The bunkers are my only complaint about this course. Over all, though, this is a very nice golf course.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/14/2018:
Hello. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! We're very glad that you enjoy the course so much. We look forward to seeing you for your next round with us. Thank for choosing Quail Creek.

Bare minimum

I stayed away from this course for a few years because the course conditions were so bad and they started charging higher greens fees. When the reviews this year started to improve, I was eager to get back and play this course again.
In a way, I could see why some people were complimentary of this course, saying it was 'coming along' and getting better- the greens were playable, and the fairways had many spots from which you could play a shot from. But lets be real here- it looks like they did the absolute bare minimum to get the course up to 'playable' standards. At times, I looked around and thought I was trespassing on an abandoned golf course- there was nothing new constructed or invested in around the course in terms of any landscaping, signage or anything indicating yardage to the green. Over half the bunkers had a Ground Under Repair sign stuck in the middle of them, surrounded by weeds and dirt.
I put 2 stars because I've always liked this course (years ago) and they only charged me $17 to play it. Now it just needs to be bought by someone who will actually care about it, or have the land bought outright so they can build homes on it, which is the more likely outcome. That would be a shame considering how good this course can be, but now I'm hoping someone puts it out of its misery.

Great course!

2nd time in the last month that I have played here. Recent rains have helped the course immensely to the point that the rough is now filled in and hard to get out of. Tee boxes were a little sparse but still decent. Greens were very good to excellent except for all the ball marks. Doesn't anyone in South County fix their ball marks? Don't know why this course is only rated 3 stars. It is at least a 4.5

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/23/2018:
Hello, Jim. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We are so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.

Course needs work

Divets on greens were bad and fairway had many holes. Luckily we had a cart. Wouldn't recommend walking this course.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hi. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Day

The course is in great condition, greens, fairways and tee boxes. Recent rains have helped keep the course green. The greens were in very good condition, were soft and held shots and putted truly. I broke 80 for the first time this summer (four birdies) and attribute that to the nice conditions. I will continue playing this well designed and challenging course that is almost in my backyard.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Hello, neighbor! Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

Course is moving in the right direction

This course is coming along. Quail has had some struggles with course conditions in the past, so much so that I rarely play it and its 7-minute drive from my house. They are making me consider playing this place more often.

The greens were in decent shape and rolled pretty good considering the heavy rains a day ago, but would be much better if people would fix there divots. I hate when people write reviews on courses green and likely they are ones that don't fix there own divots,(sorry I'll get off my soapbox) Greens have come along way in the last couple years. The fairways and rough are in pretty good shape with the summer heat, with some trouble spots, but what STL courses don't have that.

I think this is pretty good value and if they keep moving in this direction, ill be playing there regularly.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are glad that you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Arnold, Missouri
Fenton, Missouri
Fenton, Missouri
High Ridge, Missouri

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!