Quail Creek Golf Course

2.3
2.6
2.3

Quail Creek Golf Club is tied for being the most difficult public course in the St. Louis area. Designed by Hale Irwin, the course is laid across rolling hills laced with meandering streams. The layout requires accuracy with narrow fairways and hard-to-read greens. Water hazards come into play frequently as do trees and bunkers. It is a formidable test for any skill level. Most of the holes have a risk-reward element, making the course more accessible by placing an emphasis on strategy over strength. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 ninth. It will favor golfers who successfully cut the corner, making it possible to reach the green in two. This tricky hole demands accurate mid-iron play. Quail Creek Golf Club finishes with an interesting par 4 that has water along the left side of both the fairway and green.
Quail Creek Golf Club St Louis
Scorecard for Quail Creek Golf Club
Black M: 73.6/136 353 470 170 430 475 410 560 225 520 3613 358 503 375 220 470 430 161 500 420 3437 7050
Gold M: 73.4/127 353 457 166 415 442 385 546 215 510 3489 358 503 365 220 460 414 161 485 401 3367 6856
Blue M: 71.3/126 333 425 151 380 399 353 508 182 484 3215 350 488 351 182 391 378 140 479 360 3119 6334
White W: 70.0/125 298 410 142 306 386 332 478 176 477 3005 336 468 336 154 385 361 123 470 347 2980 5985
Red W: 71.0/118 278 345 134 294 367 300 416 122 421 2677 292 424 287 113 335 300 95 388 301 2535 5212
Green W: 69.0/113 270 335 111 245 300 270 408 115 415 2469 284 416 283 109 328 294 91 380 294 2479 4948

Year Built 1985
Architect Hale Irwin (1985) Gary Kern (1985)

Beautiful course

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were all good. The only thing lacking is yardage markers!

Quail Creek Golf Course
Commented On 10/31/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Poor golf Course Condition

It is an excellent course layout with some very challenging holes but the condition is poor.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hi, Bill. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Has gotten much better recently

I have played here many times over the last 25 years. It had gotten to be really rough earlier in the summer, but I was very pleasantly surprised this time. They have done a ton of work on the bunkers and most are in good shape again. Still a few bare spots in a couple fairways and a handful of bunkers that were in need of TLC. Overall, it looked significantly better than just a few weeks ago. Give it another try.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 10/11/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Quail Creek.

Great value for the mnaldooney

Course is in better shape than I expected. Sure there are dead spots in some fairways and some greens have small patches of dead. But for the price it is an excellent value. It’s not the easiest course or the shortest but not bad at all.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/19/2018:
Hello, Kenton. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Another nice day at Quail Creek

This course is a great value. I live nearby and try to play here every week. The fairways have come in nicely and the greens are great, putting true and holding approach shots. Hopefully, in the future, they repair the bunkers--not only by adding sand but putting in some drainage pipes. The bunkers are my only complaint about this course. Over all, though, this is a very nice golf course.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/14/2018:
Hello. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! We're very glad that you enjoy the course so much. We look forward to seeing you for your next round with us. Thank for choosing Quail Creek.

Bare minimum

I stayed away from this course for a few years because the course conditions were so bad and they started charging higher greens fees. When the reviews this year started to improve, I was eager to get back and play this course again.

In a way, I could see why some people were complimentary of this course, saying it was 'coming along' and getting better- the greens were playable, and the fairways had many spots from which you could play a shot from. But lets be real here- it looks like they did the absolute bare minimum to get the course up to 'playable' standards. At times, I looked around and thought I was trespassing on an abandoned golf course- there was nothing new constructed or invested in around the course in terms of any landscaping, signage or anything indicating yardage to the green. Over half the bunkers had a Ground Under Repair sign stuck in the middle of them, surrounded by weeds and dirt.

I put 2 stars because I've always liked this course (years ago) and they only charged me $17 to play it. Now it just needs to be bought by someone who will actually care about it, or have the land bought outright so they can build homes on it, which is the more likely outcome. That would be a shame considering how good this course can be, but now I'm hoping someone puts it out of its misery.

Great course!

2nd time in the last month that I have played here. Recent rains have helped the course immensely to the point that the rough is now filled in and hard to get out of. Tee boxes were a little sparse but still decent. Greens were very good to excellent except for all the ball marks. Doesn't anyone in South County fix their ball marks? Don't know why this course is only rated 3 stars. It is at least a 4.5

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/23/2018:
Hello, Jim. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We are so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.

Course needs work

Divets on greens were bad and fairway had many holes. Luckily we had a cart. Wouldn't recommend walking this course.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hi. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Day

The course is in great condition, greens, fairways and tee boxes. Recent rains have helped keep the course green. The greens were in very good condition, were soft and held shots and putted truly. I broke 80 for the first time this summer (four birdies) and attribute that to the nice conditions. I will continue playing this well designed and challenging course that is almost in my backyard.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Hello, neighbor! Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek!

Course is moving in the right direction

This course is coming along. Quail has had some struggles with course conditions in the past, so much so that I rarely play it and its 7-minute drive from my house. They are making me consider playing this place more often.

The greens were in decent shape and rolled pretty good considering the heavy rains a day ago, but would be much better if people would fix there divots. I hate when people write reviews on courses green and likely they are ones that don't fix there own divots,(sorry I'll get off my soapbox) Greens have come along way in the last couple years. The fairways and rough are in pretty good shape with the summer heat, with some trouble spots, but what STL courses don't have that.

I think this is pretty good value and if they keep moving in this direction, ill be playing there regularly.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are glad that you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Conditions aming a comeback, but leary of online fees.

The conditions are improving as compared to earlier this year and the years past. However, still some rough spots to be complete.

Please take into account a sales tax above 9% including the $4.98 booking fee on the courses webpage. That can add up.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Coming along.

We play this course every couple of weeks. The fairways are starting to grow in and most of the greens are in excellent shape and have great speed. The layout is challenging and creative staff is always top-notch and friendly

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're so glad you enjoy the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

yardages were not correct according to t-box

signage. The greens show the affect of the extreme heat.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek.

Gettin' better!

I play Quail Creek on a regular basis, at least once or twice a month. In 2018 I am seeing improvements everytime I play here. This course has a great layout and is very challenging. Not being a native St. Louisan, I don't know the history of this course but older guys tell me it used to be really wonderful when it was new (years ago). I have played it for about six or seven years and have seen it in terrible condition but last year and this year I have seen great improvements in the greens , the fairways and the overall maintenance. There is a long way to go, but the staff is obviously trying . There is a lot of work yet to be done on the traps and the cart paths (hold on to your kidneys in some areas.}. I like this course and will continue to keep playing here. I think the greens fees are a little steep for what you get, but, the layout is what I like about the course (and it's a short drive from my house} and I'll keep playing it.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Course on 07/26/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad you enjoyed your round. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Respectable

I have played this course in the past and swore I would not come back. It really surprised me today and I would play here again. Conditions are improving and it was fun to play on grass. The fairways were in decent shape considering our lack of rainfall, the greens were better than average and tee boxed were in fair to decent shape. Bunkers were a little dry and the cart path was bumpy in spots, but heck for the price, it's a bargain. Give it a try!

Response from Quail Creek Golf Course on 07/20/2018:

Course in better condition

Course was in better condition than expected. Grass on fairways was better and was more consistant.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek Golf Club!

Poor golf Course Condition

Very poor fairways and greens with dead spots and Ball marks that do not heal.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 07/08/2018:
Hi billskosky, thanks for the review. We're sorry the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations during your round. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek Golf Club.

Not much better than before

I've played Quail Creek many times before this year and always found it to be lacking - very high price for the quality of golf and course conditions. This year was not much different, although I have to say the greens were in better shape and the fairways were okay. We played on the fourth of July and thank goodness we went through Golf Now for a tee time . At $21 plus fees it was a good deal for all of us. The holiday rate for the course is $45 and for that it really wouldn't have been worth it. There was not much activity on the course when we started at 8:30 AM and the play was not too bad for a holiday. We never had to wait for a shot. That said, the course conditions were murky - the fairways were not well cut or defined and the greens, while in better shape than in other years, still need some work. It was really hot (96, with HI of over 100) but with a breeze and overcast it was not really bad. Would I play there again - I don't know. There are a lot of courses that have a more reasonable rate and in better condition that Quail creek.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 07/08/2018:
Hi robertkoch5976, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations during your round. We hope you reconsider giving us another shot in the future! Thanks for playing.

Heat wave

The course was in fairly decent shape, a little soggy in areas because of the rain the day before but nothing they could control. Greens rolled well and good pin placements. I wish the yardage was marked a little better, especially for someone who doesn't play it often enough. For the price and location I would probably play again.

Response from Quail Creek Golf Club on 07/03/2018:
Hi Jarcipowski2311, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it was anything short of 5-stars. We hope you consider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Quail Creek Golf Club!

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018