Riverwood Golf Club

Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect David Postlethwait

Definitely worth trying

The Riverwood course layout is very nice. It is well maintained and i enjoyed it enough to guarantee that i will be back. Getting from front 9 to back nine is confusing but that's only because it was my first time.I highly recommend this course for novices and long time players...you'll enjoy it.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Don't waste your time

Played Riverview the other day, and the course is definitely turning into a neglected track.

The carts are beyond dirty. Cigarette butts, bottle caps, and other trash were still in the cupholders and compartments in most of the carts staged for golfers. When asked about the cleanliness, the staff said it was ok because there were plastic dividers in them.

The range was mats only, but the mat doesn't seem like it was made for a golf course, more like a football field turf. As such, it was difficult to hit off of, and warm up. Additionally, there were six golf balls in my small bucket that were sliced up by a mower, which i added to the the large pile of them behind the hitting area.

The course looks green at first, but the rough is not growing in, and the greens are incredibly bumpy, dry and burnt. Bunkers are unplayable for the most part. Usually they had mainly rocks and hard packed clay in them. Tee boxes are incredibly uneven througout the courses which made the round quite frustrating.

Overall, don't waste your money here and go to another course in the area.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please as reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Don’t pay full price

This course is turning into a joke. The carts aren’t close to clean. Cigarette butts, beer caps, trash left overnight and not cleaned by staff. But they’re ok to use because you put plastic dividers in them? Get real. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the health inspector here soon.

Mats only is ok, but it’s not even a golf mat. It’s like a high school football field gave its old turf to the course. Not to mention my bucket of balls had half a dozen balls split wide open with a mower. If you’re going to set a Mats only policy, do it on the weekdays so your Sunday tee times can use grass. Not worth the money paid.

Food is ok, and the staff is friendly, but it seems management has left them out to dry. The manager, Dan I think is his name, wasn’t there to answer for the sub standard Conditions.

The course is a huge letdown. The bunkers are full of rocks, and barely any sand. Tee boxes aren’t even close to level. The greens are burnt, dry, and bumpy. Other courses in the area have smooth, lush greens, but it seems Riverwood doesn’t think it’s necessary to water their greens after punching them over a month ago.

Bottom line: don’t waste your money, go to Wil Mar or the Neuse for the same price or less. This place is a goat track.

Good tracks, interesting holes

Played Deer Run-Riverview, nice tracks. Deer Run was tougher, lots of elevations and doglegs. Interesting holes, with some water. River view was also good, not quite as tricky. Was told there that Meadowlands is also good. Overall a great value.

Love Riverwood, but...

Okay I love this course. I live on this course (literally). I play this course probably twice a week.

Staff is friendly, food is good...and all that good stuff.

That said, we are in desperate need of cart path repairs.

Fingers crossed this will happen soon.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Great course!!!!!!

I loved this course! Played DeerRun to River courses. Meadowlands was closed for maintenance.
Layout was challenging with holes needing driver and others just as long but needing ball placement over distance. Conditions were very good! Fairways were smooth, plush and free of brown patches and erosion. Greens were in good shape - pretty sandy but I think that's normal in the extreme heat (just a guess). A very open course and yet some pretty tight spots on some holes. A little bit of everything. Will be on my "play again" list for sure!

Commented on 07/23/2020

Commented on 07/20/2020

Riverview Great Course

Riverview was a blessing in disguise. It surprised me how great of a course it was and price was very fair. I will recommend this to anyone.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Commented on 07/06/2020

Options

Riverwood is a pleasure to play with the options of 27 holes. Course was in great shape with the exception of punched greens. One of the best bangs for your buck in the area. Deer Run is my favorite of the 3, nine holes.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Can’t believe I hadn’t played here before!

Lived here since 2011, and have no good reason why I haven’t played this course yet. One of my favorites ever and in such great shape! Gorgeous layout.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Brinks! We are happy you gave us a shot and we exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great value

I booked this sight unseen and couldn’t be happier. The layout is challenging with a great degree of elevation changes and dog legs. If you can shape the ball or hit it straight, you’ll love this course. Otherwise, you should probably hang out on their driving range. Staff was great, beverage cart was seen often, and course was in very good shape despite three days of continuous rain. Will definitely play again!

Commented on 05/27/2020

No response

I paid for a round of golf for 2.on Wednesday however, my wife became became very ill on Saturday morning. She ended up in the hospital Saturday afternoon. I called the course Sunday morning to cancel. No one answered the phone. I left a message with a request for a call back. No one called.

Commented on 05/14/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Great course, somewhat challenging

My first time at this course and I love it. The course & greens are in excellent condition. Many of the holes are very challenging because of water hazards and sand traps. and because it is very hilly.
The carts are battery operated which I like, as opposed to noisy gas which some courses still have.

River wood late spring

Course did not have my golfnow reservation even though I had receipt. They shoe horned me in but right now It’s self governed starts, so fellow players are asking what’s your tee time a separating players accordingly. Not very efficient but everyone works it out well on their own.
Course conditions were crusty and dry, including greens. So plenty of roll but unpreferred lies most of the time. Needs syringing on the greens and sprinklers turned on.

Great

Fantastic course for the price. Best course I've played here that's under $50.

Golf

Today Was pretty good I just wish that these so called golfer's knew a little about golf etiquette Leave your kids at home and let faster players through please. Thanks

Commented on 04/20/2020