Type Resort/Semi-Private
Scorecard for Currituck
Black M: 73.9/136 541 168 401 412 390 200 532 432 356 3432 383 190 454 578 332 174 523 409 410 3453 6885
Blue M: 71.5/129 516 145 379 390 360 174 502 385 331 3182 361 164 427 535 311 151 501 389 383 3222 6404
Hybrid M: 70.2/127 488 145 361 360 360 158 475 344 331 3022 361 164 370 505 311 151 501 389 326 3078 6100
White M: 68.8/124 W: 74.9/136 488 130 361 360 333 158 475 344 310 2959 307 152 370 505 270 126 458 341 326 2855 5814
Gold W: 72.1/128 418 107 347 323 292 136 410 335 302 2670 310 127 371 498 214 115 442 306 292 2675 5345
Red M: 66.5/120 W: 68.7/117 412 107 298 302 253 115 405 240 258 2390 245 125 322 430 171 110 401 304 268 2376 4766

Year Built 1996
Architect Rees Jones (1996) Greg Muirhead (1996)

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #9)

Gat a deal

Nice course, however it’s pricey and probably not worth the full price if paying such. If playing, recommend getting a “hot deal” or Groupon etc

Commented On 11/21/2018

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Nice play

We played 2 week days the 3rd week of Oct on a very discounted golf now deal. Great pace. I played the blue tees at 6400 yds which often required me to carry a waste area. Wind was different each day and is a factor. Nice challenging layout. Course was in great shape although people could be better about fixing ball marks. Had same issue at Kilmarlic. I thought fairways were pretty generous. Deep green side traps. Ball settles down in rough so keep your eyes on it. Green speed fairly fast and consistent.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our course conditions met your expectations. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Friendly staff, beautiful course

I had a great time. The course was in good shape despite two hurricanes. Played in 3.5 hours and it was great

Response from The Currituck Club on 10/17/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations despite the storms. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Thank you!

Everyone was very friendly and helpful! Thank you so much! We'll be back!

Response from The Currituck Club on 10/09/2018:
Terrific! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!
Response from The Currituck Club on 10/09/2018:
Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Friendly staff. Fairways good. Beautiful water views. Greens average. Pace of play could have been faster

Response from The Currituck Club on 10/03/2018:
Great! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our course. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!
Response from The Currituck Club on 10/01/2018:
Awesome! Come back soon!

Good, but not great

The course is well-designed in a beautiful setting. Every hole has a different feel, and five sets of tees allow golfers of all skill levels to enjoy the course. However, water, marshes, and waste areas come into play on nearly every hole, making accuracy necessary for an enjoyable round. Conditions were good, but the putting greens were not in the best shape. They were far too soft, full of spike marks, and it seemed that no one in front of us bothered to repair their ball marks. The holes were also damaged from careless handling of the pin. This is probably the result of tourists who don’t give a crap how they treat the course because they’ll never come back.

Response from The Currituck Club on 09/25/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!
Response from The Currituck Club on 09/25/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your review. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Vast Improvement

I last played Currituck in May, and the course conditions have come a long way since I last played. Obviously a lot of work has been done to get the course in top condition and the results are obvious.

Response from The Currituck Club on 09/12/2018:
Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you've noticed the improvements in our course. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!
Response from The Currituck Club on 09/10/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Played the course in May of this year. Conditions of the course was great compared to then. The grounds crew did an amazing job getting the course back in good shape after the harsh winter

Response from The Currituck Club on 09/04/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements in our conditions. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Response from The Currituck Club on 08/28/2018:
Excellent! Come back soon!

Definitely recovered but greens need TLC

Tee boxes and fairways are in good shape after struggling thru the winter kill.. Now, the greens are full of ball marks. Putting surface was a bit of a disappointment for a course chargjng premium $. I had to spend more time repairing my line. I play other courses nearby any they do not have the same issue. I still recommend this course at discount rates only.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/28/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that you've noticed the improvements in our conditions. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

reliable course, unreliable policies

nice course, we play it each yr we vacation. price steep for quality of course, though location you pay for. problem this year, was despite no rain for few days, dry fairways we were told cart path only for "early morning" then they will notify us when 90 degree rule. I assumed it was for morning dew conditions, but they enforced path only ALL round, even after 1030a when we were chased from the second rough on the edge of the path. path only golf is slow, disrupts flow and ebb of match and interferes with correct club selection. very frustrating

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/27/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize for the miscommunication with cart path only. We understand that cart path only golf is slow and we do our best to make sure we give our golfers the best experience possible. However, we also try to help keep our course in good condition and sometimes this requires all day cart path only. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

An Outer Banks Must-Play

Currituck Club is a great track located in a large private community. Very good layout with many interesting holes, not all straight-forward like the others around. Greens are great but suffer a lot of ball marks. They are battling some weeds in some fairways and approaches but overall I was very satisfied with the course. The fee is a little high but look for deals (especually Hot Deals) on Golf Now. I booked twice, once for $86 and once for $57, both after 2pm. Morning rounds are no less than $100. Again, overall, I think this needs to be on your list, especially if staying in Duck or Corolla as it is close and easy to get to.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/20/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

When the only option is your best option.

Later Currituck on vacation while on corolla in obx. Nice to have a course only a few minutes away. A couple good golf holes, a lot of driver gap wedge holes though. Condition was ok, but nothing to write home to mom about on any front. Avid golfer, so no complaints but rather indifferent to the experience.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again the next time you are in the OBX area!

Play Currituck

The Currituck Club is the best golf course on the Outer Banks by far. The course is a great layout and always in superior condition. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at The Currituck Club!

Don’t pay rack rates

Played here while on vacation down the street. Clubhouse was nice and staff were very friendly. They bring the carts down to your car and take you to the pro shop which was nice. Fun layout and some challenging holes.

However, they have had significant rain lately so everything is wet and grass is tall. If you find yourself just off the fairway you have to be standing on top of your ball to find it. Also greens are incredibly slow and beat up. Not too many people repairing ball marks and looks like greens have never been rolled.

Pace of play was slow. Can’t imagine playing there on a busy day. No one out there keeping the pace.

Their rack price is outrageous for the conditions. But if you can get a hot deal or play after 3pm it’s not a bad course.

On the back 9 there is a driveable par 4 which I always love to see.

I would definitely play there again.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Expecting Rain

I knew it was going to rain and I asked the pro shop if I could move my time to another day. He said, since you did this with GolfNow he couldn't change or alter anything. Completely inflexible. I made it until the 9th hole, then the heavens opened up. Disappointing.

Response from The Currituck Club on 08/02/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that we were unable to move your tee time and that you were unable to finish your round. With the GolfNow Hot Deals, they are not our inventory so we are unable to change them. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have you back again soon!
Grandy, North Carolina