Type Resort/Semi-Private
The Currituck Club
Scorecard for Currituck
Black M: 73.9/136 541 168 401 412 390 200 532 432 356 3432 383 190 454 578 332 174 523 409 410 3453 6885
Blue M: 71.5/129 516 145 379 390 360 174 502 385 331 3182 361 164 427 535 311 151 501 389 383 3222 6404
Hybrid M: 70.2/127 488 145 361 360 360 158 475 344 331 3022 361 164 370 505 311 151 501 389 326 3078 6100
White M: 68.8/124 W: 74.9/136 488 130 361 360 333 158 475 344 310 2959 307 152 370 505 270 126 458 341 326 2855 5814
Gold W: 72.1/128 418 107 347 323 292 136 410 335 302 2670 310 127 371 498 214 115 442 306 292 2675 5345
Red M: 66.5/120 W: 68.7/117 412 107 298 302 253 115 405 240 258 2390 245 125 322 430 171 110 401 304 268 2376 4766

Year Built 1996
Architect Rees Jones (1996) Greg Muirhead (1996)

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #9)

An Outer Banks Must-Play

Currituck Club is a great track located in a large private community. Very good layout with many interesting holes, not all straight-forward like the others around. Greens are great but suffer a lot of ball marks. They are battling some weeds in some fairways and approaches but overall I was very satisfied with the course. The fee is a little high but look for deals (especually Hot Deals) on Golf Now. I booked twice, once for $86 and once for $57, both after 2pm. Morning rounds are no less than $100. Again, overall, I think this needs to be on your list, especially if staying in Duck or Corolla as it is close and easy to get to.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Excellent

When the only option is your best option.

Later Currituck on vacation while on corolla in obx. Nice to have a course only a few minutes away. A couple good golf holes, a lot of driver gap wedge holes though. Condition was ok, but nothing to write home to mom about on any front. Avid golfer, so no complaints but rather indifferent to the experience.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Average
Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again the next time you are in the OBX area!

Play Currituck

The Currituck Club is the best golf course on the Outer Banks by far. The course is a great layout and always in superior condition. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Excellent
Value for the Money Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at The Currituck Club!

Don’t pay rack rates

Played here while on vacation down the street. Clubhouse was nice and staff were very friendly. They bring the carts down to your car and take you to the pro shop which was nice. Fun layout and some challenging holes. However, they have had significant rain lately so everything is wet and grass is tall. If you find yourself just off the fairway you have to be standing on top of your ball to find it. Also greens are incredibly slow and beat up. Not too many people repairing ball marks and looks like greens have never been rolled. Pace of play was slow. Can’t imagine playing there on a busy day. No one out there keeping the pace. Their rack price is outrageous for the conditions. But if you can get a hot deal or play after 3pm it’s not a bad course. On the back 9 there is a driveable par 4 which I always love to see. I would definitely play there again.
Pace of Play Fair
Course Layout Good
Response from The Currituck Club on 08/14/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Expecting Rain

I knew it was going to rain and I asked the pro shop if I could move my time to another day. He said, since you did this with GolfNow he couldn't change or alter anything. Completely inflexible. I made it until the 9th hole, then the heavens opened up. Disappointing.
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
Response from The Currituck Club on 08/02/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that we were unable to move your tee time and that you were unable to finish your round. With the GolfNow Hot Deals, they are not our inventory so we are unable to change them. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have you back again soon!

With the exception of the greens which had some divots, the course was great. Fairways are great, rough is fair and it is fun.
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Currituck Club on 07/30/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at The Currituck Club!

Currituck club

The staff was friendly and the amenities were nice but I found the course conditions to be sub par for the price you pay. There was quite a bit of crab grass around the collar of the greens. the greens had nice grass but looked like they’d never been rollled. the course layout was nice and the gps feature on the cart is always clutch. I think they feel they can price it that high because people vacationing in Corolla will pay for the convenience of location. I’d definitely drive further next time I’m here and check out some other courses before going back.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Currituck Club on 07/20/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that our staff left a great impression on you. We are working every day on improving our course and we appreciate your feedback on our course conditions. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Don't pay full price

I was staying in a house we rented overlooking the 11th green. It kept my interest all week so I decided to play a round. When I first saw that they wanted $170.00 around I started to laugh, so I went on golf now and booked a spot for $70.00 @ 2:16 in the afternoon. The tee boxes were horrendous ! there is an awful lot of grab grass growing every where. Played with a landscape owner who said he could get rid of it with one application.The greens weren't to bad but very lazy golfers did not fix ball marks.
Course Layout Good
Response from The Currituck Club on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us but we apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are working on improving our course every day, so we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon at The Currituck Club!
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor
Response from The Currituck Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and we'd love the chance to speak with you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at currituckclub1@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Poor conditions

Good staff, friendly and accommodating. Started off using range, was forced to hit from moderate downhill lie, when a large portion of hitting area available. We played from back tees, about 6800 yards, and the tee boxes were poor. Fairways needed some work also, with many being burnt. Greens were full of ball marks, not courses fault, and were very slow. Played in the afternoon, which most likely played a big role in that. Paid $65 on GolfNow, which was worth it. Would not pay full fee to play at this time. Very windy course, which travels within a residential community.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Layout Good
Response from The Currituck Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
Grandy, North Carolina