King's Grant Golf & Country Club

White 71 5300 yards
Gold 71 4826 yards
Red (W) 71 4384 yards
Scorecard for King's Grant
Black M: 70.7/135 366 499 222 380 508 361 166 407 145 3054 402 463 366 195 395 519 172 409 332 3253 6307
Blue M: 68.5/129 341 489 203 351 468 334 156 370 122 2834 372 420 346 183 380 507 158 388 291 3045 5879
White M: 66.3/113 W: 70.0/118 273 461 175 325 421 284 138 333 96 2506 342 387 330 162 323 463 148 362 277 2794 5300
Gold M: 64.2/106 W: 68.1/115 267 422 145 308 381 275 114 275 82 2269 295 382 312 147 316 427 127 292 259 2557 4826
Red W: 66.3/112 213 359 140 234 376 242 105 250 75 1994 290 336 278 141 288 422 121 285 229 2390 4384

Year Built 1990
Architect Jim Holmes

Clubs No

Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire is required (no denim, cutoffs or sweat suits). Collared shirts are required.

2.1

Such a great layout....so bad condition

The layout here is amazing and is the only reason I enjoyed my round. This has to be in the top three layouts I've ever played. It also is the worst conditioned course I've ever played. Golf carts were great, but aside from the cart and layout..there is nothing good to say about this course. Whomever designed it, tall Carolina pine tree lined fairways, water placed in strategic spots, the drives and approaches are different are every hole...truly took the time to think about every shot instead of just slapping a course together.

In its hayday with great conditions I would have considered possible the funnest course I've ever played. This was my first time going there but that's how much potential the place has.

Unfourtanetly the conditions are so bad it's not worth the $12 I paid to play.

So dissapointed.

This course has gone downhill

Staff was friendly upon check in. Holes are not marked well as the course has been redesigned. No grass ,dirt and sand. Greens are ok at best. Overpaid for value of this course!!

Great value for play

This course is under new management and has been making leaps and bounds for improvement. The greens are nice and the course is great for casual players. The off course amenities could use some help. The staff are great and memberships are reasonable.

Worst course and customer service

Worst greens ive ever played on. I couldnt tell the difference in the rough and the fairways. Scheduled a tee time for my wife, a friend and myself at 3 pm. Both me and my friend had our kids, a 1yr old and a 2yr old. Completed 9 holes in 3hrs and the owner and manager wouldn't give us a rain check on the back nine because he claimed we should have been done with 18 holes in 3 hrs. Dont trust the decent reviews, because i tried to give the course the benefit of the doubt and i was wrong.

Bad Greens

If you are a serious golfer and care about score well this is not the place for you.. yes it is and easy course and you can 100% go low here but nothing is more frustrating than greens that you have no idea what is going to happen throughout the putt.. and thats what you have here. talked to the some of the grounds crew, really nice guys, they said by next fall they will be rolling much better.. we will see

Good overall Play. Greens need work.

Very challenging course. Lots of elevation change. Overall very well kept but greens are in severe need of work. Staff is great.

Green to the Rescue

Some tee boxes and greens horrible fair ways, bunkers, pretty good I cant tell if there cleaning up course from all the brush laying around the course. Although cost of playing was very low now I understand why. Very disappointing to say the least.

Kings Grant

I like the re-ordering of the course, but the new number 1 is tough with all the water. The greens were really bumpy, hard to putt

Gone downhill

I hate to say it but this is a course that has been let go. I played it last year and when I got back to it this year it was an even worse condition. While the course itself is scenic and the holes offer a challenge the conditions were just unacceptable. Too many patches of dirt on the greens to be a quality course, Definitely need tender loving care everywhere. Car pads falling apart and overgrowth everywhere you look. Hopefully the owners will recognize that they have a gym in the rough and can with it.

KG

This is a great course for the value. The fair ways are in great shape. The greens are decent but fairly bumpy and usually play slow. The staff their is great. You may be apprehensive when first entering but the course is much nicer that the entrance to the facility.

Bad shape

I use to love this golf but lately is looking bad like they stop taking care of it the deal at golf now is good but right now is just a course

Worst in area

Course has declined rapidly. Greens are the worst in Cumberland county, fairways are thin and bare. The holes have all been renumbered recently, so for those that haven't played in a while #1 is now the old #14. Don't waste your money, other courses in area much better.

Awesome staff and environment

Great course for the money staff is awesome course in good shape even the greens ok after being aerated probably recently. Got behind three slow players that wouldn't let our twosome go through but you could tell they were new golfers and didn't know etiquette. At least we only had four holes behind them to finish our round. We are definitely going to play here more often.

God day of golf

All in all was a good day of golf, but the paring for this, being unforeseen, can be challenging. We were paired with two that were practically pro am. It was embarrassing to play with because I had my son with me and we felt bad for slowing them down. They ended up going ahead but maybe consider teaming up with like players or not at all with a bad mix like that.

Good Course, In good shape

I paid for Golfnow and it was $20 which was great. The course was soggy which all reviews said it would be. The fairways were nice and greens were in good shape but pretty slow. The course was tight and seemed to be made for pretty short hitting golfers. I hit 3 iron on most par 5s and still reached in 2. Pace of play was very fast. Clubhouse is pretty poor and outdated. Head pro was ok. All in all the course was fun. I would play it again. If you can drive it more than 250 then play from the back tees otherwise you will get bored.

Decent but Mickey Mouse style

The greens and fairways are nice but whoever designed it didn't have enough room. You're forced to hit 3 irons off the tee of most of the par 5s from the back Tees. I call that Mickey mouse golf. I think I hit driver 4 Times the whole day. Nice views of nature and a nice course but I wouldn't play it again.

A fun course to play.

I actually came here to play a round for my birthday. Staff was extremely friendly. The course layout created some challenges and made for an overall good round. I'm up for another round here and will probably get back a few more times this season. I ended up playing alone and since it was my 1st time on the course, was unaware of some hazards involved...just play with someone that's played here before and you should be set.

Great condition

The course was in great condition. Greens were in good condition and the over seeded fairways and tees was nice.

Narrow Fairways

Keep your ball in the fairway and this will be an enjoyable round. Fairways are firm, greens are small.

Great value

The course was in fair shape from tee through the fairways with some patchy bald spots here and there. The greens where great. Fast and the ball would roll true with no bounces. Bring your on water in the summer because water coolers are allowed to run dry in afternoons.

Fayetteville, North Carolina