Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and SpaThe Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the largest hotel on the famed Monterey Peninsula with 550 rooms, including 27 suites. The Knuckles Sports Bar is a popular hangout serving good food and tons of TVs for the big game. The Fireplace Lounge comes to life with live jazz on weekends. The Del Monte Golf Course, among the oldest courses on the West Coast, is located behind the hotel. Multiple outdoor pools are heated for year-round use. Within walking distance are the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row and the Old Fisherman's Wharf.
Golf courses at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa
Images from Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa
Nice and relaxing
Nice course not terribly hard, greens in great condition
This course had beautiful views along the way and we were able to have family wave to us at the 17th hole from the patio of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a great course to have in my backyard.
Overrated and Busy and Pricey
1. Weather was perfect and super convenient if you stay at the Hyatt next door
2. Greens in fantastic shape and fast
3. You can buy Pebble Beach gear in the clubhouse and friendly staff in there
1. Course overrun by local "Duke's Members" on Columbus Day (Mon, 12 Oct) who only pay $48.
2. Large swaths of dead brown grass.
3. Backed up on hole #2 - took about 4.5 hours to walk. Slower than it should have been. We were a threesome.
4. Retail is $110 and I paid $89 on Golf Now, but feels like a $49 course.
5. For $110 or less you could play better courses in the area.
6. Had big expectations because it is a Pebble Beach property, but felt like my local muni where I pay $29 twilight.
7. Thought the course would be in fantastic shape because it had been closed for 7 months, but lots of divots and tee boxes just ok. Strange it was not pristine. Had only been open 12 days.
8. No amenities due to COVID. One food cart, but no take-away food from the restaurant.
9. No driving range.
10. Feels like the place needs an update. From the signage to the clubhouse it feels like it would in 1972.
Played with my son and a friend. Great variety of holes. Greens were excellent.
Pace of play was a little slow we walked and it took 4.5 hours . Wish ranger moved people along better.
Overall had a great day. I will play it again soon
What a treat!
Beautiful, well kept course. Great weather! Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Under 4 hour round! In Monterey! Great deal with Golfnow!
The course is run by Pebble Beach Corporation and it shows. Out of the 3 courses my wife and I played in the area this was by far the most pleasurable.
Will play again when in the area!
Great classic course, well-kept and fun
The absolute perfect practice round before the big day at Pebble/Spyglass/Cypress. It's really, almost shockingly well-maintained for the price. Similar greens and tee-boxes to the world-class 831 courses. Really fun and not at all difficult.
We were in town for the weekend and were looking for a reasonable green fee. Confirmed a tee time through GolfNow. It was a great course. Well manicured, friendly staff and real nice golfers along the way. We would love to come back on our next trip to Carmel.
Old but not to slow !
Great course the fairways condition are great and the greens are well kept and fairly fast great pins placement , course layout little tight ,
Very friendly staffs and great service we’ll definitely come back here again
Fast play on well kept course
Course was great! Played solo in the afternoon and there was no one behind me or close in front. Had all the time I could ask for to enjoy this course while not waiting around. Great price for the area. Course was in great condition and staff was very nice and accommodating. Will definitely be back next week and so on
Seems like a tired course, not worth the money. I think you can play other places in the area that are nicer courses for less money. I don’t need to go back for awhile.
Oldest course west of the Mississippi PAPA
Swang the old big sword and whipped out the little stick as well. Can buy a few quality uses BALLS from a local homeowner on hole 13 as well. Oldest course west of the MISSISSIPPI and it’ll get the ol’ chubber chubbed. Everyone loves chubby chubbers. Catch me on the flip, ONE.