Club at Savannah Harbor, The

Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Silver 72 6048 yards 69.9 126
Jade 72 5261 yards 70.8 124

Location is convenient to the city at a resort near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards thick rough   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Club @ Savannah"

leftfader's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Excellent conditions

Greens were hand cut ran very true

a pleasure to putt.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

"Stuck behind SCAD Players"

peab092893's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

We were really excited to play this course - it had been on our radar for a while. We finally decided to make the trip to Savannah from Columbia, SC to play on Labor Day weekend because there was the $55/round promotion if you make a cash donation to Folds of Honor. I booked a tee time online for 3:00 pm. When I got to the course to check in, I was told my tee time was not booked (even though I had the confirmation email). The pro shop employee was not very understanding or empathetic to me but got me a tee time. When we went to tee off, the starter told us there was no one in front of us so we could go ahead and tee off. By the time we got to our second shots on the first hole, there were 4 players from Savannah College of Art and Design walking behind us. They were playing some sort of team game and they were teeing off from less than 100 yards from the hole. I was trying to line up my second shot and all I could hear were the SCAD players talking and laughing. We were going to let them play through until we realized there were 5 plus groups of 4 SCAD players behind us. After the first hole, we teed up at the second hole. As we drove to our balls, the SCAD players walked behind us. When we got to our second shots (which were further out than the place the SCAD players were teeing off from), the SCAD players WALK PAST US, talking loudly and laughing and stood at where they were teeing off. I was very annoyed with this. My fiancé said something to them about keeping quiet and being respectful. By the third hole, we had had enough. They were loud, obnoxious, playing way up our backs, etc. I called the starter and told him we were turning around and restarting our round behind all of the SCAD players. When we got to the 9th hole, all the SCAD players were waiting around at the green for their last group to finish. When they finished, instead of holding their team meeting away from the hole, they STOOD ON THE GREEN for 10 minutes as I waited in the fairway to hit my ball. It wasn't until I yelled "FORE" that they moved off the green. I would not recommend playing this course unless you can know for sure the SCAD players will not be there. They ruined our experience. Not only that but they left divots in the middle of the fairway where they were teeing off. Didn't fill them in or anything. Very disrespectful and left a bad taste in my mouth about the course.

"It's rained a lot here in Savannah"

u220912277's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Great modern layout with big fairways and big greens for the most part. Also, big trouble if you get way off line. The weather has been unkind to this course lately. They have had way too much rain. The fairways are in great shape but very wet. I think I averaged about 1 yard of roll off the tee all day. Not the courses fault. The driving range was closed so no warm up before my round. Also because of the rain. The greens had been top dressed recently. Probably also because of the amount of rain. The still had a lot of grass on them and putted very well. Overall a great layout in good condition. Normally in very good condition. I suggest playing up one tee box until the course dries out some.

"Fantastic Course"

Julius5930774's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

My buddy and I were in town on business and knew we would have time in the afternoon to get in 18 holes. This course was on my radar a couple of years ago so I knew I wanted to try to play it while in town. It is definitely one of my favorite courses now. From the clubhouse to the first tee to the 18th green. I can't wait to get back so The Club at Savannah Harbor.

"Best value in Savannah"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

For the Hot Deals and afternoon rates this is the best value in Savannah! Staff has always been excellent. Practice balls are typically included so go a little early and enjoy the nice practice area and the putting green which is very indicative of what you'll see on the course. The course plays fairly wide open except on the more difficult holes (i.e. Par 5 - 7th). I played on a soggy day but I noticed that's a common theme here. Everything was well maintained however there is some work in a couple spots but nothing that gets in the way. The greens are the pride of the Harbor. True and fast. A fun test all around for any golfer.

"Savannah Harbour"

waygballer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

Very nice course; a little wet but otherwise very good condition.Greens are nearly back from being punched and when they are, stay below the hole!!

Nice layout with a little of everything; good set of Par 3s.

Jovanni9889257's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

"Local player"

Chris8565441's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

Course in great condition as always, always like playing it when I get a chance

"A jewel in Savannah"

as1439246's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017

Played here again this year and found the course great as always. Staff right on top of things, from loading your bag to cleaning your clubs, they do it all. The condition of the course was great, allowing for the rebuilding of the areas badly damaged by the hurricane passing thru last fall. You can truly play gator golf here and mind yourself as many of the holes and hazards have resident gators protecting your stray drives.

Played with others there and very friendly to meet. Look forward to the next visit to Savannah and this course.

"Great Experience"

KWP's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017

Great golf layout (less 2 holes).

Great condition.

Great setting.

"Great course in Savannah"

bstubby's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

Really enjoyed playing the course. The layout was great and in good condition. We had 4 and played in 3 1/2 hours.

"A Stranger Welcomed"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

I booked this round as a single, but the pro offered to connect me with two members who knew the course well. John and Mario treated me like an old friend, complementing good shots, providing encouragement after bad shots, and even ribbing me a little. I felt right at home. The pro and cart person were friendly and helpful, making sure I knew where to go and had everything I needed. The course was in good shape. Some of the greens are quite large, making a two putt near impossible. I should have hit it closer to the pin. We had a beautiful day, with a brisk wind, thus none of the bug problems I had expected. The pace of play was about normal, with our round taking just less than four hours.

"Westin Savannah"

Tourplayr45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Great course, mint shape, speedy greens, great staff. Fantastic layout.

"Fun Day at Savannah Harbor"

bretjacobo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Played Savannah Harbor alone and pro shop let me go off the back 9. Consequently, I got around in 3 hours. Course is not overly challenging from the 6,300 yard tees, but the course was in fabulous condition. It's a fun course and where the Champions Tour used to play.

"Pricey but nice"

Chuck5073777's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

We played 2X, first time we were following a shot gun tournament without telling us. The second was much better, course is in great shape!

"Gem of a Course"

MacGregor24's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

I got a late afternoon tee time so i could play alone to take my time and thoroughly enjoy the course because of the high priced greens fees and man was it worth every penny. The conditioning of this golf course was pristine! The grounds crew does a fantastic job maintaining the course from tee to green down to the smallest detail. Off the tee the course is pretty straight forward and forgiving, the challenge lies in your approach shots into massive greens that were rolling around a 10 or 11 if i had to guess. The 3rd hole is by far the most demanding par 3 because of the marsh on the left and tree line on the right side of the green and it forces you to hit long iron, hybrid, or 3 wood depending on what tees you're playing and the wind. My favorite hole is by far the short par 5 that plays toward the scenic Savannah bridge.The green is reachable in two if you hit a solid tee shot at the right edge of the left fairway bunker leaving anywhere from 180 to 200. Definite eagle opportunity!

I loved the course and will be returning next time i'm in the area. Its absolutely a must play regardless of skill level if you're in Savannah and want to treat yourself to a top class golf experience.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

"Great Course - Recommend It !"

KarenPL's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Forecast was for rain.. but we had only this day available, so we decided to play, no matter what. The sun was out, the sky was blue with a few puffy white clouds. Ended up a gorgeous day in the mid 70's. So glad we didn't cancel. Such a beautiful course with the right amount of challenging holes for my husband and I. Pace was excellent, fairways and greens were in excellent shape.

We stopped for a drink and snack afterwards and the lady was friendly and nice to talk to. The girl at the Pro Shop was friendly as was our Starter. The pace was excellent and we had no problems on the course. We were made to feel very welcome.

We know why hole #14 was called Alligator Alley. I was about to take a photo of the beautiful blooms when I noticed an alligator on the ground under the signpost. I first thought it was "staged"... but no, it was real. Amazing Day!

Karen L

"$ & Time well spent"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

It was a beautiful day on a beautiful course with 3 locals for lots of course knowledge. Loved the layout and the greens were awesome!