Fox Hollow Golf Club

Year Built 1966
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Bent/Poa Grass
Architect David Gordon (1966)

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Good course

The conditions on this course were really good the staff there is terrific. My only complaint is that nearly Everytime I play here the are some very slow and uneducated groups on the course. Note to management, ease put Marshalls on the course to speed play. We asked to play through when three holes were open in front of the group we were behind, we were ignored and just skipped the hole. We played played the last 6 Holes in the time they took to play 3. Both foursomes. They had groups stacked up behind them all day

Good course but they need marshals on the course

Fox Hollow has done a good job of maintaining and improving the course, I enjoy playing (most of the time) but here is my feedback to the owners -

Your staff is awesome, each and everyone of them is friendly and welcoming.

Bunkers - more sand please, under what looks like a soft lie is hardpan under less than an inch of new sand.

Marshals - please put them on the course - while most of the players we encounter are polite and friendly, there are folks out there nearly every time that are extremely slow, will not allow us to play through (despite that fact that there is an open hole in front of them and simply don't understand basic etiquette. A marshal would make all the difference.

Course is in the best condition in years

I have played Fox Hollow 1 or 2 times a year for the past 8 or 9 years. I have always enjoyed much of the experience but traditionally, damp ground and roughed up greens have been part of it. Yesterday the fairways and greens were in the best condition I've ever seen them. I play a lot of public courses in the area and unthoughtful golfers who refuse to repair balls marks and replace divots are always something that gets my Irish up but yesterday the greens were as close to perfect as you'll ever find a public course. Whether that is because of considerate golfers or a really attentive course supervisor or both; I don't care, I really enjoyed the course and the day. I will make it a point to return again and more often.

Average

Thus is a great layout but many of the tee boxes and fairways need work. The cart paths are almost unusable in many areas. Greens are in good shape. The weekend rate is too high given mediocre conditions st this time.. The pace of play on Sunday was slow with no ranger moving golfers along.

Very pleasantly surprised

I have read previous reviews from last year indicating problems with the course conditions but was very happy with the condition the course is in now. This was the first time I golfed here in more than 2 years. Despite it being early Spring with some cool, rainy days, the fairways and greens were in great shape. It's obvious the staff is working extra hard to get the course in peak condition.

I was part of a 20 person group and we finished 18 holes in 4 hours flat. The pace of play couldn't have been better. The staff was helpful and friendly. We had lunch and beer/soda in the clubhouse afterwards and enjoyed a relaxed atmosphere and the price was right; service was quite prompt. Our group, tough coots we are, gave it two thumbs up.

On the critical side, it has been a wet Spring and there are a handful of areas that are soggy and you must avoid with a cart. The clubhouse is basic, some might call it rustic. The menu is simple: burger, hot dogs, pulled pork, sausage sandwich, chips (The pulled pork was very good).

Bottom line: I recommend it highly and will be driving the hour + from my home to go back.

Great course for $20 still but it’s still recovering from the winter just like most of the other courses

Terrible customer service

Tried golfing with my young brother this morning. We have been here a bunch of times. All was good, teed off shortly after 7. When we got to hole 10 we were informed that we should have teed off at hole 10 because there was a scramble going on that was starting. Manager didn’t say a word in the morning. I tried explaining my frustration with the starter who emphasized to us that it was our problem and then he laughed at us. I get the mistake, and while it is frustrating for us, what’s more concerning is the customer service to follow. I paid 82 bucks for 2 people to play 9 holes and wasn’t given the time of day for the inconvenience. Fortunately for the starter, my kid brother was there, I hope next time we meet, he isn’t around. There won’t be any laughing

Lots of Fun

I traveled 50 miles to play this hidden gem because I got a great deal on Grouper Golf. Fox Hollow is tucked away in Quakertown and can be tough to find without a GPS. That said, the course was packed on a Saturday morning and I can totally understand why. The service in the clubhouse is slow, the woman was very nice but very slow. The starter was a wonderful man and reiterated how happy we came to play this course — in fact he reached out to me afterwards for my course feedback. The course layout is very good with a great mix of holes. Shot placement is critical on a few holes. The greens were SUPERB — fast but rolled nicely!!! Very difficult to walk, so take a cart. Recommended for all handicap levels. The sand traps could use more sand but that’s really the only fault I found with the course. No frills clubhouse but it serves the purpose. Is the place Pebble Beach — the answer is no. What Fox Hollow is it’s a very nice track in the middle of nowhere run by a very friendly staff. Highly recommended if you want something different and live in the area. If I lived closer, I’d be a regular.

Excellent Experience

The only bad thing about my experience this one time was playing through the landscaping job. I wasn’t able to play Hole 4 because of the landscaping job being done and I wanted to ensure no one got hurt while I golfed. Overall, it was an excellent experience on a Wednesday afternoon. The pace of play was perfect as I was playing with my beginner son. I would highly recommend this course.

Great value

For $20-30 on a weekday afternoon, its a great value. Played as a single and was done 18 holes in 2 hours 15 minutes. It's not a country club or a TPC course, for sure, so dont expect immaculate conditions, but still has some nice challenges. Definitely play it if you get chance.

Great conditions!

I've played this cours a few times in the past. However, I've never seen the greens and fairways in such pristine condition. Can't wait to play this again!

Decent course

Course was decent. Bunkers were rock solid, seemed like they had not been raked in 3 weeks. Overall the course conditions were decent. Would recommend

blah

came here because a friend recommended it, ill never go anywhere that he recommendeds again....

Foxy Lady!

Nice track. Challenging but not overly difficult (120 slope from the white tees seemed about right.). Fairly spacious landing areas for your driver.
Greens were on the small side with lots of humps and slopes, and were in good condition.
I’d give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars, and plan to return.

On The Ball Ownership

My wife and I were enjoying a pleasant round of golf at Fox Hollow. Then the wind picked up and the sky darkened. We heard a horn blowing but weren't sure if it was the signal to head for the clubhouse. Then a member of the staff came riding our way to warn us of the approaching storm. We made it to the clubhouse just in time! The heavens opened up, accompanied by lightning and thunder. Thanks to the excellent effort of the staff we stayed dry - and out of danger!

Great value for the money

Fox Hollow is a fairly easy play with some interesting holes and no "tricky" holes to speak of. You can let the big dog eat enough times, but many greens are guarded with bunkers that warrant accurate approach shots. Most greens have enough undulation to force an accurate read - no mini golf here.
One disappointment was the condition of the cupholes, the edges of which were ragged on several.
Nice pace of play and course condition, although not much sand in the bunkers.

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania