The Valley at Eastport Golf Club

Architect Dennis Griffiths designed this track as a finesse course. He did not produce the typical beach layout when he created this 18-hole design, built in 1988. It has narrow bermudagrass fairways and large bentgrass greens and is bordered on the east by the Intracoastal Waterway. Holes No. 1 through 15 are short, and the course lulls you up to this point. Then, the last three holes are uncharacteristically difficult.The course is mostly flat, with occasional uneven lies. Some tree-lined fairways have doglegs. The course is always fun to play and an especially fun round of golf for couples.
Valley at Eastport Golf Club
Scorecard for Valley
Blue M: 69.1/121 359 366 338 160 377 508 190 376 408 3082 341 362 528 137 372 175 333 421 451 3120 6202
White M: 66.2/116 300 307 315 130 322 474 168 343 358 2717 301 332 490 115 353 130 298 387 422 2828 5545
Gold M: 65.9/115 295 292 200 118 291 435 120 310 315 2376 288 290 468 95 265 125 280 300 325 2436 4812
Red W: 65.7/114 258 280 279 100 284 408 120 305 288 2322 271 263 430 85 318 115 256 328 310 2376 4698

Year Built 1988

19th Hole Specials 10

Wet from rain

Because of this the sand in the traps was packed. Blue tees not well kept. Could use a golf guide to help with lay ups that might be required for the some players like on #9.

Not a quiet round with the traffic noise from adjacent major Hwy#17.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 10/18/2018:
Thank you for the helpful feedback. We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We hope you'll give us another shot in the future.

As great as we remembered

Just as beautiful and challenging as the last time we played 2 years ago. The Staff was very helpful and friendly. The 4 of us started early in the morning, pace of play was perfect. It was unfortunate for the 2-somes behind us that would have played faster, maybe 2-somes should be limited on busy days.

Greens are very fast, but in excellent conditions, fairways are well maintained and layout is beautiful and challenging.

The Ladies total yardage is a little short, always possible to play Senior.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 10/18/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful five-star review! We're so pleased that you and your group had a great time and we hope to see you again soon.

Good course for the money.

Lay out has some very tight fairways. Course conditions were good....you could see some of the damage from the hurricanes but they were working to make repairs.

My garmin watch was very different from the yardages marked on the signs.

I would definitely play it again.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 10/18/2018:
We're so pleased that you enjoyed our conditions and we're looking forward to your next round with us.

Short but challenging

Course in great shape. Always a good choice when others are wet. Short course, but offers many challenging holes. Very friendly staff.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a very nice four-star review, Ron! We're so pleased that you had a fun and challenging round with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Course was ok

Paths very rough. Bunker no sand. Green ok no sand on them. It a nice course.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Thank you for leaving us very helpful feedback! We hope you'll return again for a round that will leave you feeling truly impressed.

Great course for the fee

Excellent condition overall. Greens were fast but fun. The only issue was cart paths are rough and missing so we got lost once trying to find the next hole. Not an easy course but was not advanced to where we didn’t have fun. I usually score in the 90’s and we had a blast out there

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a wonderful five-star review! We're thrilled that you had a fun and challenging round with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Valley at Eastport

Very nice layout with challenging water holes. Got to play smart and taking or.playing for bogey is sometimes the smart play on a few holes. Very good condition all the greens rolled consistently

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the great four-star review! It's wonderful to hear that your round was both fun and challenging. Please come and see us again soon!

First time and was very impressed

played it 2x over 2 weeks at beach. Short course but narrow. We played in under 4 hours both times. I had never played it in 30 years at the beach but had driven by 1000X. Some locals said it was a must play so I did and am not at all sorry.

It was in GREAT shape outside a couple of tee boxes. The cart paths are horrible - but I am not playing them.

The layout was very cool and different, very strategic and kind of tricky - last couple holes could be on any course in area - truly great holes - and the rest were all either very good or quirky/different/cool.

Pro shop bare bones - good dudes working all over. Cold beer ..... Ill be back next year for sure.

I am at OIB and usually play Barefoot, St James, Tigers/Leopards, Crow, Thistle, Sandpiper, Long Bay, Carolina National.... Ill make sure I get 18 in here again...cool little course in good shape and got us around.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great five-star review! We're so pleased that you had a great experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!
Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for leaving us five stars!

Good for the Money

Course layout is nice. Really short course. Keep the driver in the bag. Unfortunately we played after a few days of rain, so it was cart path only. My only real complaint is the cart paths are HORRIBLE. some money needs to be invested there. Other than that, definitely worth the money.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the very helpful feedback! We do apologize for the cart path conditions and we're planning to re-do them. We look forward to your next round with us.

Beautiful challenging course

Great. Course extremely challenging from back tee. Tight fairways . The recent daily downpour has eroded some Parts of the course which needs some maintenance.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
We're pleased to read that you had a fun and challenging round with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for leaving us four stars!

Rain Check

I tried to play this course but on the 2nd hole it started raining. We sat under a tree until it stopped. Then played hole 3 and it started raining again. Everyone got rained out. We were given a rain for 9 holes. When ask why it wasn’t for 18, the pro club staff said we started the round and had been on the course for an hour. 30 mins of the 3 holes we played were spent sitting under a tree waiting for the rain to stop. The course overall looked nice and was in good shape, just make sure there is no chance of rain or you will lose your money!!

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
We're very sorry to hear about your experience here! We hope you'll return during drier conditions for a better round.
Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for the four-star review and we're glad that you enjoyed your round with us. Please come and see us again soon.

Course was in good condition overall. Much better than many in the area.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for the kind words and four stars, Dudley! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and we look forward to your next round with us.

Great Course.

Had a great time on the course. Course was in great shape. Staff took care of us. Hope to play again next year when in town.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
We're so appreciative of the great five-star review that you left! We're thrilled that you had a great time here and we hope to see you again next time you're in town.

This course is a challenge

Without being very long this course is a good challenge to all levels of golfers. The layout is unique and at times very tight. There are two areas that I feel were inadequate. There needs to be more water available on the course for the golfers, especially on hot humid days. My other complaint would be concerning the condition of the greens. They were very rough and obviously had been reduced in size. I have played this course a couple of times before and this was the worst condition overall. It's a shame because overall this is a fun challenging course to play.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for leaving us great feedback! We're glad to hear that you overall enjoyed our layout. We'll pass along your suggestions regarding water and the greens. Please come and see us again soon!

Pleasant surprise

Good value, good condition(greens had been recently punched). Could see the course from 17 so gave it a try. A nice round, just got tangled up on back 9, slow. Good basic course at a nice value.

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a very nice four-star review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and we hope you'll be back soon!
Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Thank you for leaving us four stars!

Great for new golfers

I was a good course for my son he is 10 and played from the red tees. So the length was about 5000 yards. I play from the whites but I had to play from the blues the blues we're only 6200 yards. The greens need alot of work they had just aerated them witch is a little late in the year for that but I'll ike I said earlier great place to teach someone

Response from Valley at Eastport Golf Club on 06/25/2018:
Thank you for leaving us helpful feedback! We're pleased that you and your son enjoyed your round with us. Please come and see us again soon.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina