Beaver Dam Country Club sits just a few miles from Horicon Marsh, the largest freshwater refuge in the U.S. The golf course originally opened as a nine-hole layout in the 1960s but now it is one of the area's most popular 18-hole courses. The layout has a traditional design with small, elevated greens and tree-lined fairways. It is on the shorter side at 6,000 yards, at least by today's standards, but it offers plenty of challenges even without having the length. Strategically placed bunkers lurk beside the greens and the rolling terrain guarantees some tricky lies. The third and eighth are two of Beaver Dam Country Club's particularly memorable holes. These drivable par 4s provide you with the opportunity for an eagle, granted you play skillfully and are blessed with a little luck.

Beaver Dam Country Club

Year Built 1967

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Greeted by a not to friendly gentleman who took our money. I'm gonna chuck it up to a old grumpy guy, probably a great guy once you get past his miserable life story.
Course not clearly marked. Went from hole 1 to 9 to 4, and we didn't start drinking yet. We were not the only ones to do that so we felt vindicated in our home judgment. Other wise the course was not that bad. Hard to tell the difference between the fairway and the second and third cut but we managed. We had a cart girl which was perfect. That's not happening on too many golf courses. So overall I give it a three. Cannot judge the food because it was closed when we were leaving.

5 Star Experience in Beaver Dam

I don't often rate golf courses as 5 stars, but there was no way around it here. For the value and the course design, this has moved into the top of the return rotation after just one visit. For starters the staff was super accommodating and charged us minimal for my wife to ride along for the day. I was just playing as a solo, so to let her ride along during the COVID pandemic was a huge bonus.

With its location I didn't think it would be super busy, but I was shocked to call at 7:30 on a Saturday and be told I could tee off by 9:15, if I could get there is time. We loaded up and pulled into a fairly standard clubhouse in rural WI. Parking lot had cars in it, but not super busy, there was one group teeing of and one in the staging area when I went in to pay. I was told I was after the twosome on deck, so we put together the cart and teed off right at 9:15. The pace of play was incredible, I had a hard time even pushing the twosome ahead of me and only really had to wait on the 17/18 holes. Being able to play quick (2:30) especially on a Saturday morning is one thing that will get me back there.

As far as the course goes, the raised greens were incredible. You could see that right away on 1 and by the time I got to the green on 2 I could tell this would be a signature of the course. It was and it did not disappoint, the closing stretch from 14-18 were many of the best holes in my opinion. Knowing where to hit these elevated greens would be a key factor in match play or scoring well, the return trip should allow for more thinking to be done on the approaches.

To summarize, with the pace of play, the cost, accommodating an additional rider during COVID-19, and the course itself I can't speak highly enough of our experience that day. My wife even mentioned how much fun it was and the wildlife keep her engaged and taking photos the entire round. I've told countless friends about this course already and can't wait to make a return trip.

1st Time - Good Condition

Greens were excellent condition. Short course but fun and well manicured fairways & rough. Slow pace but the weather was perfect so that may explain the crowd. Staff was very accommodating to get me out on the back 9 1st with the heavy crowd on the front. Highly recommend.

I play BDCC about 3-4 times each year and I always enjoy it. The course is always in nice shape and everyone is friendly. Highly recommended.

Nice local course

We golf here at least 8 times a summer .. The course is always in good shape and fair to the average golfer.. . I would say it would be attractive to most golfers.. The greens are in good condition and the course has enough hazards to give you some challenges.. A great place just to enjoy yourself.. Today everything was great except because of the recent wet conditions there was a new hatch of mosquito's so at least for a while take plenty of spray.. The staff always seems to be very friendly..

Poor judgement

We were a foursome and the course sent off nothing but twosomes behind us. We let 4 groups thru, but were still being pushed by others the entire time. We finished in just under 3 3/4 hours, even after letting groups thru. Took the fun out of the round. Also, no drinking water on the course.

Very friendly staff

Great place to play. Been going there for years.
Course was in good condition. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Cart girl made sure we had the beverages we wanted witch was nice being it was quite warm that day.

autumn play

course was in great shape for this time of year

leaves were out of fairways greens were in great shape

Golf With Kids

Had a great time with the kids playing here. Some really fun old-school holes. Staff is friendly.

Rain has left a few holes really wet but at the same time it made for great conditions on most other holes! Appreciate the yard markers in the fairway so you don't have to search for yardage!. Staff was very friendly!

Beaver Dam CC is a little wet

With all the rain we've had, it goes without saying that golf courses are going to be affected. But generally speaking BDCC is in good shape overall. There are some soggy areas, but overall the course is handling the rain well. The fairways and greens are really good. I look forward to playing there again.

Nice playable course

I've played this course about 4 or 5 times now, nice course, not terribly difficult but something for everyone. If you hit down the middle you will be fine if you get wide you will be in trouble.
Pace has always been good, people are very friendly. Highly recommended some holes are quite challenging.

Great place for a Fall round

Very enjoyable course, scenic views, good challenge without being overly difficult. I played with someone who knew the course, which helped greatly. He gave me some "Flex-Head" tees which worked very well. Will make sure I come here again.

Beaver Dam Golf

Carts were very good, not slow like other clubs. It made the pace go better.

Nice course and friendly staff

First time on course and will definitely come back. Friendly staff and very accommodating. Got there early and was able to tee off right away. Tee boxes could use some work but truly enjoyed the round.

golf BD Country Club

Fun course/will play again

Poor service

Workers were not friendly. Couldn't get a drink at all on the course. Tee boxes, fairways and rough all needed to be cut. Only good thing was that the greens were fast

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin