English Turn Golf & Country Club

English Turn Golf & Country Club is a Jack Nicklaus design that was crafted in 1988 to host the New Orleans PGA Tour event. Nicklaus designed the course to be enjoyed equally by spectators and golfers, incorporating gallery berms and spectator mounds throughout. This challenging design is known for its undulating greens that will test even the most seasoned players. Each hole has a unique design that combines strategically placed bunkers, including large waste bunkers, and sloping grass swales. There is also carefully sculpted mounding along the edges of the fairways. On top of that, water comes into play on nearly every hole. English Turn's signature hole, the 15th, is a tricky par 5 with an island green but it's the final hole, a par 4 with water all along the left side, that is rumored to be the golf course's toughest.
English Turn Golf & Country Club
Scorecard for English Turn Golf & Country Club
Gold M: 75.0/142 398 539 199 345 445 554 446 176 371 3473 423 534 158 376 467 540 430 206 471 3605 7078
Gold/Blue M: 73.2/136 398 539 199 345 412 526 423 176 341 3359 382 534 158 376 427 540 398 193 418 3426 6785
Blue M: 71.9/134 362 517 145 301 412 526 423 146 341 3173 382 494 134 360 427 505 398 193 418 3311 6484
Blue/White M: 70.1/127 362 517 145 301 364 475 395 146 316 3021 349 494 134 360 341 505 342 184 372 3081 6102
White M: 69.7/124 W: 75.1/136 340 488 135 287 364 475 395 116 316 2916 349 476 122 343 371 480 342 184 372 3039 5955
Red W: 72.0/127 312 451 108 240 357 459 326 97 270 2620 294 430 96 297 365 444 308 156 366 2756 5376

Year Built 1988
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1988) Gus Grantham (1987) Rick Robbins (1988)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2017 #1) (2016 #6) (2015 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2017 #40)

Entertaining Clients 19

Very noisy with litany of distractions

I experienced a first today. On the 10th tee I encountered a drone. It hovered over me on the tee. I waived it off but the operator wouldn't pull back. It actually came closer. It followed me all the way down the fairway and hovered over my next shot. I tried to wave it off again. I started calling the pro shop but never got answer. I waited 10 minutes on the fairway until the battery died and it returned to the operator. The operator was in the White House next to the 10th green. I placed more calls to the clubhouse but no one

Ever answered. I left a message on the machine to explain the encounter and my number. I asked for a return call but it never happened. Needless to say I was annoyed and frustrated after the noisy drone encounter. On more than one tee box the grounds crew ran the mowers on the tee box right behind me. They never stopped for my tee shot. I've never had that happen on a course that I can recall, especially one that is supposed t be one of the top courses in the area.

Monday morning golf

Had a great time playing on this superb course. Very forgiving. Wish the clubhouse were open.

Great course.

English Turn is a great course. The greens are true but are very small so your approach shot better be spot on. This is one course as well as with other courses where course management comes into play.

Beautiful and difficult course

We could have asked for a nicer course. Lots of water and tiny greens.

Good course but wasn’t amazed

The course was fine, but nothing special. $60 for rental clubs is way too much!!! The clubs weren’t top of the line and that did not include any golf balls.

What a Gem!

Such a beautiful piece of land surrounded by gorgeous homes (none are really reachable from the course). I played after a short, heavy rain and the course could not have been any more perfect. Tee to green was meticulously manicured. Greens had been recently sanded, yet there was no loss of speed (fast) and still rolled true. I was lucky and had it to myself, so played 18 in 2.5 hours. 10/10 would do again!

Nice Course

Course was in great condition. Layout was good. I couldn't afford to play this course if I didn't get a great deal from golfnow.

Great course, value and conditions. Former PGA venue. Friendly people , a fun round.

My driver broke, staff let me borrow without any charge, which I was able to play whole round of golf without worries. Thank you.

Beautiful course. Wide fairways, can't get in much trouble if you can hit it halfway straight. Water on almost every hole. Thought the sand traps would have better sand in them for the type of course it is, but they were ok. Very friendly staff, very helpfull. The club house was closed the day we played, and there's no beverage cart on the course, but plenty of water jugs. Overall we had a good round and would definitely come back next tome we're down here.

Blown away

Completely blown away by the quality of their course here at English turn. Truly incredible

Great Course and Golf Now Deal!

My group and played English Turn after playing the TPC. The folks at ET were fantastic and the course was fantastic, made even better by the great Golf Now deal. Course condition was very good, but a few greens had some brown spots. We had the course to ourselves on a Saturday afternoon after a brief rain shower. The course was very well laid out. It has the right mix of challenge to keep your head in the game but is open and fair enough to keep it fun. The topography in the LA delta is pretty flat, but the design keeps things interesting. Great course and great staff!

Decent track

Nice track, firm quick greens but needs some love, been skimpy on maintenance, played. With members who were super nice.... used to be private but lean financial times have allowed lowlifes like me to play

A beauty

Always fun to play a course that hosted the big boys. Played from the David Frost bunker but far less well. Great shape. A fun round.

Best in Nola

This Jack Nicklaus course is a gem to play. It has a lot of fun holes that will challenge your thought process while playing. The greens are small and require accurate shotmaking skills with a deft touch on the greens that were fast and true. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and made sure you had a positive experience. I recommend showing up early to take advantage of the practice area it is 5 star on its own.

Great Layout, A Little Under Maintained

Awesome layout with a lot of interesting holes. Greens rolled great and super fast but we’re rock hard. Almost impossible to hold even wedges into them. Looked like they had cut back on maintenance a bit since it’s days hosting the PGA. Still a good deal for the $40 we paid.