A view of hole #4 at Chula Vista Golf Course.
2.3

Carts Yes - $10 - $13

Snacks, Catering, Restaurant

Plays Long 15

Save your $

This place is a joke and shouldn’t even be considered a golf course. The worse conditions I’ve ever seen...

Don’t come here

Been to chula a couple of times, this was by far the worst. Pace of play was horrible took over 5 hours for the round and on top of slow play a 4-some hopped in between on the back nine. Greens were atrocious and fairways 80% dirt. Don’t play here if you want a good golf round, not worth the money.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, MOpina97. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

GolfNow App

This is not a review of the course but a comment on the GolfNow App. I received confirmation for ONE tee time but was charged for TWO. I am not sure how this occurred and is extremely frustrating as it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact them as the website simply sends you in circles in attempting to contact them and rectify the situation.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, bdaily. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Chula Vista Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2020

u027869210, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

What a goat ranch

This course is in the worst condition possible. Greens diseased, overgrown in the few places there is grass, punched and a total mess. There are no fairways. Just dead grass and dirt. Will never play this course again.

Course is in awful shape

Course was in terrible shape. Can’t tell fairway from rough. Greens were even worse. Greens were awful ! Pace was bad as well. Kids running all around. and the course manager had the nerve to say I was the one holding up play (and suggested me to wait and pair up with another single that was 4 groups back) when I was up and down in 4-5 shots. Can’t get over how bad the greens were.... Paid for 18 but after 11 I walked off. Terrible conditions combined with me having to wait 10-15 mins for EACH shot made for a bad time. I don’t suggest anyone playing here until they actually start taking care of the course. Wondering if they even have grounds keepers???

Great value!

Course wasn’t in optimal conditions, but I’ve paid 4 times more to find similar conditions in other courses. Layout is very nice, lots of water hazards, exotic birds, greens ok, hard bunkers but ok, felt slow because we had a foursome in front and we were three, but finished in under 4 hours. I would definitely visit again!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi Jaime4216555. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chula Vista Golf Course.

Wouldn't play here again. Don't reccomend.

Course was in terrible shape. I wouldn't play here again. Not sure I'd even play if it were free. The tee boxes, fairways and greens are a joke, pretty much playing on dirt the whole round. It would be a super fun course if it was in decent condition. Unfortunately they have completely given up on the place. Pay a little more and head elsewhere.

Bad conditions

Course is a disaster. They need to upgrade and do some serious maintenance .
The first green has a trench like a small creek running across in the middle of the green. Greens are unplayable!

Just isn't the same anymore

Our tee time was at 130. When we arrived to the course about 15 people were waiting at the tee box. No social distancing going on. The person at the pro shop didn't call out the names. So everyone was just heading out when they want.
The layout wasn't even on par with the pictures. Every hole was dirt.. They had months during covid to air- rate. But didn't. Not a single green was nice. Maybe 1 to 2 tee boxes were nice. The pace of play was ridiculous. Played 16 holes in 5 1/2 hours. The Marshall was only there to collect a paycheck. Just a bad experience. Me and the buddy payed 15 dollars for the course plus an additional 30 for the cart. Totally not worth the money. Chula has been my home course since I was a kid(30 years). Sad to see the owners don't care about this place any more.

terrible

The course is Disgusting Condition, The Greens are dryer than a lake Bed, they've been Aerated which they normally don't do in june. And the fairways are totally Dry and Bare...and The Bunkers are hard as the cartpath...Not playing there again !!!!!

Staff did not honor reservation price

Booked a tee time on golf now app that included carts. When we checked in, we were told carts were not included.

I had to show them my confirmation and they still were not willing to honor it. They recommended I contact Golfnow to initiate the dispute.

Professionally, they should fix this with Golfnow instead of pushing this on to the golfer.

Putting greens were horrible but I guess that’s why we got such a good deal. Had a great time at a great price which is why this is a more favorable review and experience.

Bad Review for CV

I’ve played CV before and understand it’s a value for the cost. However, my outing yesterday was very poor.

I placed my tee time Friday as a single going out at 820am. After watching 3 foursomes go out the starter told me at 815 that the three others in my group had not arrived and he preferred I not go out as a single and wait 30 minutes for the next opening. I was displeased with this proposition and sat near the first tee waiting for the green light.

The starter came back to after 10 minutes and told me since there were no groups coming up I could go out by myself. I expressed I didn’t necessarily want to do that because all it would do is make me stand around and wait for the groups ahead, however he didn’t seem to recognize that and insisted what he was suggesting was doing me a favor, which I didn’t agree with but I didn’t say anything and just went.

When I got to the first green it was blasted with sand and in extreme poor condition. In fact, the first, second, and third greens were in bad condition. Even so, ten and thirteen were worse. After that, I stopped keeping track. My thoughts were they had over two months to do aeriation and course management and they chosose to do it now???

In general, this was a crap golf experience and I will not go back to CV. I am also disappointed that GN sold me as a single and because the others at that time weren’t in the tee at 820 it cost me. I wasn’t happy with any of this and will probably use other booking sites going forward.

What a joke

I don’t know where to begin. The roadwork getting into the course was brutal, but that might have been more playable than the actual course was. “Fairways” were hard as rocks and had more bare brown areas than grass, bunkers had hardly any sand in them and were like hitting from concrete, and plus they randomly started to aerate select greens so some were just covered with sand while others had none. Staff made no mention of that either so was a very big shock to discover after beginning my round. Definitely get what you pay for when you book a round at this course.

Worst course in the county!

This course was in horrible condition. I wouldn’t have even paid $11 like senior residents pay to play and we paid$25. Never again!!!. It was a 5 1/2 hr round. Our clothes and legs were full of dirt bc the course is dusty, weedy, and just dried dirt under straw like grass. Greens were acceptable but that was the only redeeming part of the whole experience. The first hole was turned into a par 3 from the normal par 4. The traps had huge mounds of grass around the edges not cut in any uniform manner. It was the worst golf experience I’ve had in years. I went there on a Friday morning. Do not waste your time or money for this cow pasture!

Bonita, California