Graeagle Meadows Golf Course

Known for its stunning mountain and river views, Graeagle Meadows Golf Course is located along the middle fork of the Feather River in the High Sierras. The landscape is covered with towering pine trees and shimmering lakes providing not only a scenic setting but also a challenging terrain for golf. In addition to the natural features, there are also mounded greens and strategically placed bunkers that complement the dramatic elevation changes of the golf course. Elevated tees allow golfers to enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding meadows, forest, and mountains. The sixth is Graeagle Meadows Golf Course's signature hole and one of its most scenic with views of the Mohawk Valley and the town of Graeagle.
Scorecard for Graeagle Meadows
Blue M: 72.1/129 430 401 118 408 514 386 551 147 362 3317 431 510 141 430 408 416 170 396 506 3408 6725
White M: 70.7/122 405 354 110 393 470 366 523 139 337 3097 407 467 135 375 357 402 161 355 485 3144 6241
Red W: 71.0/120 370 284 110 366 410 354 481 139 290 2804 369 416 105 351 307 358 139 304 427 2776 5580

Year Built 1969
Architect Ellis Van Gorder

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #5)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2014 #39)

California Advisor

Gorgeous golf course

When you walk down to sign in, you see beauty everywhere! The course is not as hilly as others in the area, but it does have some hills. There are plenty of trees, water hazards and bunkers. The layout is awesome.

You cross over the Feather river 2 times.

The fairways are in great condition, the tee boxes were darn near flawless.

There are a few blind shots and a few forced carries on this course.

The pace of place was perfect, the weather was also good.

The only thing I have against this course is the $85.00 green fee. I am used to paying $48.00 to $60.00 at other similar courses.

I will be back.

Watch Out For The Deer

Very nice course. First time playing it, is in great shape. Greens were running great, fairways were in good shape and the sand traps had sand. Got a good deal on golfnow and decided to try it, happy I did. The course is in great shape. Hole #12 was the only problem. Was a little wet and the ball plugged just off the green, took a couple of minutes to find it, found another ball as I was looking. Is a course anyone can play, not real difficult. The wildlife is abundant, deer everywhere, they act like you are not there. I will play this course again next year, highly recommend this course.

course fit my game well

This course is very open and forgiving for any type golfer. It is rare to find a mountain course with such wide fairways. I only lost one ball The course was beautiful

Getting ready for winter

I have played this course in the passed and it always in great shape, so I was disappointed with my round because I wasn't informed before I booked that the back nine was closed for maintenance. Along with the front was completely punched. I would have passed on playing there this time if I had known.

Course condition notification

I have played Graeagle many times. Yesterday I was disappointed. When I checked in I paid the full amount. As I was leaving the pro shop the attendant told me the back nine was closed and I would have to play the front nine twice. Had I known that I would have gone else where. The fairways had been punched and the plugs had not been removed. Course was very wet and bordering on unplayable. Very disappointing. Should have posted conditions and offer discounted rates.

Probably this course is good

It is difficult to give you the whole picture of the course because we were allowed to play only back nine twice. The front nine were closed for aeration of greens. We were very disappointed because no body neither Golf now.com or course informed us about closure of front nine. We drove an hour from Reno to play there, needles to say we quit after playing back nine once. I was surprised that course management still charge us the full fee for greens. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAY THERE ANY SOON.

Nice afternoon at Graeagle

Is a nice course situated along the Feather River. Not the most glamorous or difficult course you'll ever play, but is in pretty good shape and fairly priced for what you get. If you're in the area, is worth a trip over. I also heard the restaurant there has good food.

Beautiful Scenery & Wildlife Galore

I have played this course before and it was just as fun again. Just viewing the scenery and wildlife was well worth the two and half hour drive from Sacramento. The wind blew fairly hard and it did lightly rain while playing the round. I was surprised the course was in excellent shape considering drought conditions. I strongly suggest you stay on or very close to the fairways because a lot of rough bare ground lurks.

Fitzgerald twosome

I have never received such a wonderful reception at any golf course. It was,more than worth the drive up from truckee. Thanks for the experience

overrated and overpriced unless you get a deal online.

IMO this course is extremely overrated. I got a deal on golf now for about a third of the rack rate which at that price was barely worth it. The course is in OK shape off of the fairways the grass is totally dead obviously with the drought conditions they're having to pick where they water. Just be careful if you miss a fairway because you will be on rocks/hardpan. My main complaint with this course is the greens. They're way too long and way too bumpy. Went off first one morning and the greens were not rolled. Dew on the entire green:( For the overall rating I "expected" more. There are 3-4 other courses within 30 minutes that are far superior to Graeagle Meadows, one less than 10 miles away. This course gets a lot of play obviously and they do a decent job given that. Pace of play very very slow unless you go off before 7:45am especially on Tuesdays.

Blairsden, California