Rogers Park Golf Course

1.7

Located only minutes away from downtown Tampa, Rogers Park Golf Course offers easy access to Tampa International Airport and also the beautiful beaches of Tampa Bay. Although it has a convenient location near many attractions, it is secluded from the noise of busy streets and neighborhoods since the Hillsborough River almost completely surrounds it. The scenic golf course has water hazards coming into play on several holes and there are sand bunkers throughout. In addition to the course, Rogers Park is known for their extensive practice facilities. They boast of having one of Tampa's finest driving ranges and their three-hole course provides excellent short game practice.
Scorecard for Rogers Park
Black M: 72.2/121 551 432 387 417 405 154 437 204 509 3496 375 371 202 399 525 205 380 422 427 3306 6802
Blue M: 69.9/115 W: 72.8/130 536 410 372 400 390 140 375 178 485 3286 352 360 185 377 483 128 360 382 405 3032 6318
White M: 66.8/108 W: 71.8/128 515 324 320 350 377 129 358 148 470 2991 334 347 166 350 448 123 336 355 370 2829 5820
Gold M: 64.5/102 W: 69.0/122 445 288 314 338 284 116 299 136 435 2655 289 338 135 282 398 111 308 252 343 2456 5111

Year Built 1952
Architect Ron Garl (1976) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1976)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

1.7

Worst experience I ever had

I'm getting married tomorrow so I wanted to bring my groomsmen out for a round and we reserved two tee times two weeks ago and we showed up early to hit balls at the range and when we went around to the first tee two minutes before our first tee time there were 7 carts and 14 people who had never played before. We asked the starter to let us play at our tee time and he immediately became disrespectful because he assumed "us young guys" were just trying to get our way at "the expense of the nice old folks who come here all the time." He must have said over 10 times "you can't win if you argue with me" then we handed him our starting slip with the tee time we said and he still let 14 people who did not reserve a tee time go ahead of us. This would not have been completely upsetting but the immediate disrespect the starter showed was uncalled for. He was in his 50s or 60s and we are all in our 20s and that seemed to be enough for him to not like us. I will never go to this course again.

Great shape!

The city courses (Rocky point, rogers park, and the Babe) have really come a long way. The greens and fairways at rogers are better than almost all the more expensive (exclusive) courses that i have played the last few months. Keep up the good work. Rocky Point is also in fantastic shape. Grill food is good and the beer is cold.

Bucki68
Commented On 11/23/2016

Just played there yesterday and the course is still in great shape although a little dry. Greens are very fast. Pins were in some ridiculous spots. The only downside is that there is no ranger and it's essentially a free for all on the 1st and 10th tees. I made the turn and found two groups ahead of me that were not ahead of me on the front. That seems to be a continual problem.

Wet horrible maintenance staff

The course was extremely wet and to complicate things even worse the maintenance staff would mow grass while you were trying to hit your ball and mow up near you while you were putting. Absolutely horrible golf outing today.

Fall Day at Rogers Park

Course recovering from severe rainfall from prior two weeks. Always a challenging track and nice staff.

very wet course

the course was very wet.alot of lost balls due to the wetness of the ground,sand traps were like hitting of cement.some fairways were nice and so weren't the greens.tee boxes could use alot of work

Do not go here !

It's downtown in onve the most ghetto places I've very been to . Friend had his iPhone stolen off the cart seat by pants saggin guys riding bikes down the course . Fairways weren't fairways and greens were extremely slow

Plays Twice a year

Rogers Park Golf Course

Nice course. There are some challenging holes. The most difficult part of this course is finding your ball if you don’t keep it in the fairway. The grass is very high in rough boarding the fairway. I lost six balls here because of the high grass. My golf partners lost a number of golf balls in the grass too. The staff is friendly and greens are in good shape. Food and drink are priced a little high but it was good. Yes, I will play again but I’ll bring extra golf balls next time.

Condition of a city course

I found Rogers Park to be far better then the other city courses Babe Zaharias . Babe was not a challenged The Babe needs a better superintendent that knows how to care for a course. greens and fairway are far better at Rogers Park. The city of Tampa's prices are to high for the type of course they have. You can get on far betters courses in the bay area for the same price.

Plays Once a year

Course needs a lot of work

Fairways were very rough. Patches everywhere. I believe there was only one fairway that was decent to hit your second shot off of. Greens were being air raided so they weren't good to play on. The course just needs a complete over haul. Hate to say it but I won't be going back again...

Nice course for a Muni

I've played Rogers Park numerous times and usually enjoy it. My only issue this time was it had been aerated the day before and it was not noted at Golf Now. Courses need to let players know they've aerated and let the players decide if they want to play. Finding out at the first green is not the way to treat your customers. I'll still be back to play--it is a nice course and reasonably priced.

Solid Course

Played this course a few times due to conditions which are good and cost which is very reasonable. Nice layout which will challenge the average golfer and good conditions from Tee to Greens.

Nugget hidden away

This was my second time playing at Rogers Park, we had a great round. The course has some interesting holes, so we had some easy and some more difficult.

Great place

Friend staff and course is nice. The course isn't too difficult and kept up nicely. Great place all around

Great Value

I played with a friend in the beginning of March. The fairways had been overseeded and were nice and green. The greens were in good shape. Like a lot of older courses there was a good variety of holes, short, long, left, right, easy and hard. The greens had a lot of roll and were sized for the yardage of the holes. It wasn't overly hard, but there were some holes that were pretty challenging. It was inexpensive. We got around 18 in just under 3.5 hours and we followed a foursome the whole way.

ROGERS PARK

nice course, enjoyed the course. Like the tricky greens.

hard to beat a hole in one

Hard to cut up a course when your buddy Jim Russell get a hole in one on num 6 142 yd par 3. All seriousness,the layout was more challenging and course better kept than expected. Was a fun in city course. Well worth it and a fun layout.

Nice Course

Second time playing this course. First was last summer and thought course was just OK. Returned due to great GOLFNOW price and was pleasantly surprised on how great the course played. Fairways green and putting surfaces mid speed and smooth rolling. Greens are large and overall in great shape. Enjoyed round very much. Play this one.

Poor weather

average muni course

municipal course close to Bush Gardens, Good course for the money,

Last minute tee time

Yesterday on February 07/14 two of my friends came to visit me and we decided we want to play golf so we checked golf now and found a very good price at rogers Park course.Book it and there we were.Very pleasant.freindly staff,good condition fairways,no waiting time and no pushing from behind.This will not be my last time playing there.

the great has great feature

very nice course, sometimes good price on teeoff il like play on your course

Temple Terrace, Florida