Style Traditional
A traditional golf course in the land of faux waterfalls, shooting fountains and mountains, Las Vegas National Golf Club is actually part site of Tiger Woods' first win on the PGA Tour. Las Vegas National was part of the rotation of the Las Vegas Invitational when Woods broke onto the Tour in 1996. Tiger actually won the Las Vegas Invitational (then a 90-hole, multi-course event) with a final round 64 on the private TPC at Summerlin track, erasing David Love III's four-stroke lead. Average hackers will find a course with plenty of trees in the desert and five inventive par 3s that give National much of its character. This isn't desert golf. It's old school golf with palm trees and sand. It is also very close to the Strip, just a few turns and about a 10-minute drive away. The area's built up around it with fast-food shops, but the Rat Pack era style remains alive within Las Vegas National's grounds. "As you pull into the lot at Las Vegas National, the sense of the sixties is evident in the rectangular pastel colored stucco clubhouse that might have seemed modernistic back then, but now is a charming reminder of an architecturally dated style," TravelGolf.com writer Doug Saunders said.
championship 71 6815 yards 72.1 130
middle 71 6418 yards 70.2 121
other 71 5741 yards 72.9 127
forward 71 5741 yards 69.5 103
Scorecard for Las Vegas National
Professional M: 73.5/138 533 417 202 529 364 440 402 190 425 3502 403 179 426 329 233 546 214 351 538 3219 6721
Back M: 71.6/133 513 393 174 502 329 420 388 171 404 3294 384 167 394 305 188 521 186 300 506 2951 6245
Middle M: 68.8/130 W: 72.9/128 491 366 148 481 286 389 369 152 358 3040 370 151 340 288 141 504 161 222 471 2648 5688
Forward M: 66.5/124 W: 70.2/119 467 321 113 431 237 370 330 114 319 2702 344 137 324 280 113 492 141 206 436 2473 5175

Year Built 1961
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Bert Stamps

19th Hole Specials 17

Left disappointed

This was third round in 3 days of a golf trip. This was the most expensive of the 3 and ranked well below the other 2 courses we played. Nothing special about the course. Greens were in good shape, bunkers could use more sand as they were quite hard. $1 beer after the round was a nice touch!

Commented On 2019-02-11T20:42:46.000+00:00

Thank you for providing very helpful feedback! We're sorry to hear that you weren't overly impressed with your experience with us. We will pass along your feedback to our management staff.

Uwocam
Commented On 2019-02-11T15:37:16.000+00:00

We played Primm Valley - Desert (bought a Groupon which I think is still available) and Boulder Creek - Desert Hawk/Coyote. See my reviews for these. I also played Chimera a few years back, and it was very nice as well.

Molsontim43
Commented On 2019-02-08T19:47:20.000+00:00

Would you recommend any other courses? We are arriving in 3 weeks time.

Commented On 2019-02-11T20:42:56.000+00:00

Thank you for leaving us five stars!

Residency

Well I wanted to play this course, but they thought I wasn’t being truthful about my residency. Recently transferred from CA and don’t have anything other than my purchase contract for my primary residence and they wouldn’t take that. I mean come on, I’m a single trying to play - use some common sense here.

Commented On 2019-02-11T20:49:11.000+00:00

We apologize for any inconvenience our proof of residency rule caused. We hope you will decide to give us another try in the future.

Well worth the play. Course was in great shape for winter conditions. Greens were well maintained and pace was outstanding thanks to having a Host on the course. Staff was courteous, helpful and professional. Highly recommend this course.

Beat up

Greens were ok. Tees and fairways were pretty beat up. Definitely a municipal type course. If you get a good deal, then it’s fine.

Very nice course

Staff was great and ensure all golfers got off at their scheduled Tee Times. Course is in great shape and pace of play was well within expected time. Enjoyed the round and highly recommend this course.

Bad tee off delay

It's a beautiful course. This is is my 3rd time playing here, but today I teed off at 12pm. I arrived at around 11am and got a small bucket of balls since I wanted to chip and putt as well. When i checked in at the front desk it seemed all normal. But when when I got to the starter at 11:50 he said there would be a 1 hour delay due to frost, why couldn't the person at the front desk tell me that? When I talked to Leo, the director of golf. He made me feel like it was my fault and that I have options of playing at other courses. Hmmm, maybe he doesn't appreciate his customers?

Awesome course

Overall, a very nice course. The staff is friendly and courteous and the course was immaculate. Pace of play was outstanding. Host on the course was very helpful. No delays and as a foursome, we completed 18 in under 4 hours. Hats off to this course because it's one of the best I've played in the Valley.

Great experience

I with my friend had a great time over there.

Everything was good except some traffic ahead.

Some ladies had used manual cart instead electric cart that caused traffic as time goes.

Slow Play

I love this course and it's always in great condition. However, TOO MANY fivesome's which makes for a 5 and half hour round. Started at 11:30 and unable to complete 18 before dark. Highly recommend they get a Course Marshall to keep play moving. On hole #3 two fivesome and a foursome waiting to Tee-off. Many tourist and they're having fun and unaware how quick darkness set in. I will NEVER play it again on weekends. One of my favorite courses.

Great layout

I have played Las Vegas National 4 times now. I enjoy the layout the pace of play. It has some tough par 3s and couple difficult par 4’s. Definitely worth the money I payed to play it.

Commented On 2018-11-29T18:58:28.000+00:00

Thank you for playing Las Vegas National Golf Club. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course and the layout! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Commented On 2018-11-19T21:05:23.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National Golf Club. Please come back and tee it up with us again soon.

Great course, a throwback

This was really a cool course to play, it is a old style course with fame and great story’s told at many tee boxes with plaque tell you some story about who live in the houses off the fairway.

Commented On 2018-11-01T17:43:18.000+00:00

Hi! Thank you so much for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National Golf Club. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Virginia Advisor

A Good, Convenient Vegas Course For Less

While Las Vegas National GC may not have the “wow” factor of other courses in the area, it still offers a very good golfing experience close to the Strip and for less than most.

Being from the East Coast, I didn’t quite know what to expect with my first Vegas course, though I had heard lots of great things about the layout and conditions here. I chose it over Desert Pines due to the apparent differences in the conditions of the greens and I certainly wasn’t unhappy with what I found here. Though it seemed to me the greens here aren’t as densely grown in as the courses I’m used to, they nonetheless rolled smoothly if a tad slower than what I’m accustomed to. With some good tiering effects, putts were a good (but not frustrating) challenge and the greens overall were perhaps my favorite aspect of the course.

The rest of the conditions were very good with plenty of grass in the fairways and rough, immaculate bunkers (took a minute to get used to the thin, gravelly layer but was enjoyable to hit out of in the end), and decent tee boxes.

The layout reminded me very much of my first two Florida courses I played earlier this year (Hollywood Beach and Jacaranda) and that’s not a bad thing. The “oasis” style seems very different that what many Vegas courses offer but I found the layout overall fairly forgiving, though the many trees on the course can really restrict your approach shots if you are errant off the tee, so be careful there. There are also a couple water hazards that are a bit hidden so it helps to play with a local (if possible) or have an app that will show you hazards.

The staff was exceedingly friendly, perhaps the friendliest staff I’ve met all year; very accommodating, professional, and helpful and really make an effort to ensure you have a good experience. The practice facilities have everything you need and you can rent golfboards for $20 extra which I would definitely do next time.

The cost here is less than many courses but still not cheap. I think you get what you pay for though and you’d be hard-pressed to come away disappointed with your round. If you are in town and pressed for cash or just can’t get further out of town to play, this should be near the top of your list to play!

Commented On 2018-11-01T17:48:21.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National Golf Club. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Got a great price. Nice old school golf course.

Course just coming out of over seeding so in a few weeks it should be perfect. Lots of staff everyone was very nice

Response from Las Vegas National on 10/25/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear the staff was friendly. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Fun historic course.

Course had a great layout and was a fair challenge. The par 3’s are long and demanded accuracy!

Response from Las Vegas National on 10/25/2018:
Glad to hear the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your round here! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Old course

Nice course. Lots of good character. Good condition and mature layout.

Response from Las Vegas National on 10/25/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and visit us again soon.
4.1902