Las Vegas National Golf Course

A traditional golf course in the land of faux waterfalls, shooting fountains and mountains, Las Vegas National Golf Club is actually part site of Tiger Woods' first win on the PGA Tour. Las Vegas National was part of the rotation of the Las Vegas Invitational when Woods broke onto the Tour in 1996. Tiger actually won the Las Vegas Invitational (then a 90-hole, multi-course event) with a final round 64 on the private TPC at Summerlin track, erasing David Love III's four-stroke lead. Average hackers will find a course with plenty of trees in the desert and five inventive par 3s that give National much of its character. This isn't desert golf. It's old school golf with palm trees and sand. It is also very close to the Strip, just a few turns and about a 10-minute drive away. The area's built up around it with fast-food shops, but the Rat Pack era style remains alive within Las Vegas National's grounds. "As you pull into the lot at Las Vegas National, the sense of the sixties is evident in the rectangular pastel colored stucco clubhouse that might have seemed modernistic back then, but now is a charming reminder of an architecturally dated style," TravelGolf.com writer Doug Saunders said.
Las Vegas National Golf Course
championship 71 6815 yards 72.1 130
middle 71 6418 yards 70.2 121
other 71 5741 yards 72.9 127
forward 71 5741 yards 69.5 103
Scorecard for Las Vegas National
Professional M: 73.5/138 533 417 202 529 364 440 402 190 425 3502 403 179 426 329 233 546 214 351 538 3219 6721
Back M: 71.6/133 513 393 174 502 329 420 388 171 404 3294 384 167 394 305 188 521 186 300 506 2951 6245
Middle M: 68.8/130 W: 72.9/128 491 366 148 481 286 389 369 152 358 3040 370 151 340 288 141 504 161 222 471 2648 5688
Forward M: 66.5/124 W: 70.2/119 467 321 113 431 237 370 330 114 319 2702 344 137 324 280 113 492 141 206 436 2473 5175

Year Built 1961
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Bert Stamps

19th Hole Specials 17

Great mature layout

Enjoyed the great mature layout of this course. Fairways were brown or bad patches in some areas. Some tee boxes were a little beat up. Overall it was in good shape for 100 degree weather.

Response from Las Vegas National on 09/10/2018:
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed playing Las Vegas National despite the heat. Thank you for the 4-star review. Please come back and visit us soon.

L as Vegas National GC

Course was well maintained and was not in need of anything, other than maybe could have been more drinking water on the course

Response from Las Vegas National on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course, please come back and visit us soon.

Nice Track

Course is in great shape. Greens are slow as they are repairing from aeration but they held my irons and wedges nicely. Layout is old school but there are some really fun holes including two risk reward par 4s. Downside was the below average service for the area. They put my clubs on the wrong cart and that group took off with them. They gave us golf balls for the range but when we arrived they told us it was closed. Then when we made the turn the snack bar wasn't open. Overall it was a fun day and probably just an off day for usually good service.

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/23/2018:
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your round while you were here at Las Vegas National. Thank you for the 4-star review. Please come back and visit us soon.

GREENS AERATED YESTERDAY!!

No mention of this on Tuesday on their website when I booked our round. I was told this morning upon check-in. When i asked why there was no mention of this on the website the guy in the pro shop said "I don't know" . Well someone should.

I also got an email advertising lower rates and "cooling towels" . When I asked the cart Lady for a "cooling towel" she hadn't a clue.

If you guys are going to want happy customers you need to communicate to each other and post the course conditions on line. This was NOT your best showing.

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/15/2018:
We are very sorry to hear you were uninformed about the aerification. We hope you are able to come back and play when the greens are healed.

Decent course, but.....

Played on 08/04, teed off at 1:40 and were off by 4:30 as a twosome trailing a SNGA Tournament, so there were a lot of people coming and going.

No bag drop area, so we carried our clubs up to the cart area. Once there, the guys were super nice, TWO Coolers and USB charger per cart, but no GPS. The carts were in great condition and they have signs on them informing you of cart path markers for yardage. They were for distance as well as the flag color for pin placement.

The clubhouse staff was "blah", took our money and directed us to the cart staff to start. If you are missing a club, they had a ton for sale and they were all $5, so my son picked up a really decent 60 degree. THIS COURSE OFFERS A JUNIOR RATE!!!

Like I said earlier, we trailed an SNGA tournament so the tee boxes were a little beat up. The fairways were decent and the greens were all in different shape. From bouncy to smooth.

If you can get past the 4th hole (I believe) you escape the small streams that seem to have homeless people living in them. I dropped my ball in two little stream areas and there was so much trash in them from homeless people that, although I could get my ball, I didn't really feel like putting my hand in the water. It really was a shame to see such a nice course with such trashy conditions. Like I said, after about the fourth hole, you get away from that.

There were two areas where the houses that lined the course were throwing huge parties. One house, seriously, had 50 chicks in skimpy bikinis and the music was nightclubish. Lets just say the view was pretty decent.

Most of the Tee boxes have a short history of the hole and the adjacent houses. Apparently Tiger Woods won his first major here and the sign tells you what he scored on that hole.

We saw the cart lady three times and apparently there is no drinkable water anywhere on the course. So bring plenty unless you want to pay $2 for a small bottle. Small Gatorades were $4 which was annoying.

Around the 13th hole, there was a homeless camp where at least three of them walked through from one hole to another to cut through to wherever they were going. I suspect that is why there isn't any water on the course. Full disclosure, they look before they cross in front of you, wave hi and if you yell fore, they move out of the way and SERIOUSLY point to where your ball went after it stops.

Overall it was a fun and challenging course. The trees love to stop the ball and spit them out after they are done, so practice your bump and run shot. lol

I would play again for the price of $20 at 1:40 and $15 jr. rate. (subject to change obviously).

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our golf course! Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and visit us soon.

Great course for the price

Greens and fairways were in great shape. Staff, beer cart and amenities were great and paid $21 for the rd. Wide open, forgiving fairways and challenging, protected greens. Had a great rd and great time.

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your round while you were here at Las Vegas National. Thank you for the 5-star review, please come back and visit us soon.

Great challenging course

I'm a 8 handicap, the layout is wonderful the pace is great. I always play from the tips, and that presents a good challenge for your game.

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and visit us soon.
Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and tee it up with us soon.

Great history — friendly staff

Home of Tiger’s 1st win, fun memorabilia area. Very friendly staff on course, in pro shop, in bar, and the refreshment cart. Very good greens, well watered in 110 degrees.

Response from Las Vegas National on 08/06/2018:
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your round and the history here. Please come back and visit us soon!
Henderson, Nevada