Type Private
Old Orange at Verandah Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Bob Cupp (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 19

Excellent course, great condition!

First time at this course and we loved it! Great course, variety of holes, good condition, drained well after overnight rain, greens were in excellent condition. We will be back to play it again.

Signage to the first hole non-existent and would have been helpful. .

From the Golf Now confirmation email, the link "Map it" to get direction was wrong - took us to wrong address (needs to be fixed by Golf Now). Thanks.

Commented On 08/08/2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

Very tough layout. Unbelievable greens, fairways, and tee boxes. I would recommend this course any day of the week!

Commented On 07/16/2019

We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your positive feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Always a pleasure

This is the fifth year we visit old orange at Verandah and it is always a great experience. The course has always been, and still is, in fantastic condition. Staff are welcoming and friendly. It will certainly be in our next years golf trip as well.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We take great pride in our customer service and the experience we deliver. Receiving feedback of all kinds is very much appreciated by our staff as we strive to continue to maximize the opportunity you allow us to entertain, and satisfy our guests. However, receiving reviews like yours are the most rewarding, as they reinforce our tireless efforts to deliver an excellent product. Sincere thanks from our entire staff, and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Hampton Golf Management

Absolutely not your typical Florida track!

This Robert Cupp design requires the use of literally every club in your bag and executing almost every type of shot!

Started on time, no delay. Water on almost every whole...need to keep ball in middle, otherwise you’ll find water. Greens have a lot of character. Women’s tees very generous. Great practice area. Always enjoy playing here and sister course.

Commented On 01/18/2019

Hampton Golf Management

Golfnow and golf course need to get in sync

The night before I played, I booked my reservation for a 9:09 am tee time. At 6:38 am, I got a voice mail from the clubhouse saying my tee time was canceled. I called back and they rescheduled me for a 1:06 pm tee time, and then called back and let me move it up to 12:06 pm. If I had not been on vacation and could adjust my tee time, this would have been extremely disappointing. Another reviewer had a similar problem. With that said, when I did get to play the course, it was in great shape and plenty of tee boxes to choose from. As others have stated, the greens were in great shape and what I considered perfect speed, So this course would have gotten 5 stars had they honored the tee time I originally booked on Golfnow.com. It just seems like Golfnow.com and the course itself are not always in sync.

Eddie o

Very good course, nice variety and layout of holes. The greens are some of the best you will putt on in Florida. The staff treated us like we were members.

this is the best Course ! in perfect shape and absolutly beautiful

this is such a beautiful Golf Course. The Best in the whole area and in perfect shape. Excellent!!!

Having a confirmed tee time doesn't mean you will get to play it

I arrived 35 minutes early to check in and I was told that I got bumped from the Old Orange course to the Whispering Oak course, since the 3 members that I was paired with wanted to go out as their own group. I told them that I was here to play the Old Orange course because I was told that it was the better course. The person in the pro shop said that both courses are the same and if I wanted to play the Old Orange then the next available tee time was about 2 hours later. My confirmed tee time was at 10:48 am. If it wasn't for the fact that Golfnow already charged me for a portion of the green fees online, I would have left and gone to play another golf course. This is clearly a case of bait and switch. By the way, there is a difference between Old Orange and Whispering Oak. Old Orange is a better and nicer course eventhough I did not get to play it. Other members confirmed it and the Golfnow website shows it. One is a 5 and the other is a 4.

Challenging course with beautiful nature sourounding.
Friendly staff. Even for not single handycapers to play

Must play when in the Fort Myers Area

Truly special course that’s perfectly maintained. Fantastic course layout, practice facilities and very friendly staff.

Great experience

Enjoyed the entire day Practice facilities were great and well serviced
Course was very fair. Played well enough to step back to the tips where the holes took on an entirely new look
Greens were top dressed and cost me a couple strokes but happy to see the course is well manicured

Highly recommended

Excellent facility. The course is fair for all level of players. The pace of play was wonderful under 4 hours.
Suggest if you have an opportunity to play this course that you take it.

Miserable Round Due to Members

I will be clear, this review is more about the 4 ladies playing in front of me than anything else. The course is in great shape overall. A couple of the greens had to be sanded in spots but still ran true.

I was a single teeing off at 11:24a. On the range it it was "good ole boys" club which made it a great atmosphere and personally some where I would entertain joining as it was my first time here. Clearly it was a regular group outing and all foursomes. This is why I went to the tee a little earlier so I could get out in front. Teed off around 11:15a and no one was on the first hole. I did catch up to a foursome who immediately let me play through on the par 3 second hole.

This is where it all turned, I catch up to a foursome of ladies on three green and not once did they even make eye contact with me the rest of the round. I'd be sitting on the tee box before they even hit a shot and zero common courtesy was extended. Had it not been my first time playing nor having a good round going I would have skipped a hole to pass. As a single, took me 4 hours to play.

Not done yet, I pull up to the cart guys to return the cart and gather my things, the four ladies are laughing about how they would not let me play through. One so much as saw me pull up and went to the cart guy, "whatever he can wah wah wah all he wants" then looks at me and smiles. Took me A LOT to not snap back but I did keep in mind that I was a guest here and clearly they feel that being a member common courtesy and etiquette can go out the window.

I cannot completely blame the club for their members' actions but maybe don't post tee times when clearly the members want nothing to do with GolfNow commoners.

Best golf course in the area.

Thisis by far, the best layout and challenge for golfers on different levels.

6 tee boxes and a great lay out, can’t wait to come back. Try this one, you will be overwhelmed.

Also try Planatation in Fort Myers, also driven by Hampton Golf and in even better shape.

Sweet experience!!!

What an awesome day of golf. By far the best conditioned course in the area.
Manicured track with a fair test of all facets of your skill level.. Old Orange is a gem!!!

Commented On 10/09/2018

Alva, Florida
Lehigh Acres, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.