Old Orange at Verandah

No. 4 72 5948 yards 69.5 122
No. 4 (W) 72 5948 yards 74.7 135
No. 5 (W) 72 5193 yards 71.1 126
Scorecard for Old Orange Course
Tee 1 M: 75.0/138 401 215 450 401 549 156 415 328 541 3456 438 251 382 651 445 517 416 123 404 3627 7083
Tee 2 M: 72.6/132 369 194 417 358 527 151 386 290 510 3202 422 212 356 596 411 479 380 116 367 3339 6541
Tee 2/Tee 3 M: 71.8/131 369 194 417 358 487 151 386 290 498 3150 399 181 356 532 411 479 380 116 367 3221 6371
Tee 3 M: 70.9/129 358 171 403 349 487 146 375 283 498 3070 399 181 345 532 374 468 351 109 344 3103 6173
Tee 3/Tee 4 M: 69.6/126 358 171 360 349 444 146 340 283 443 2894 370 138 345 494 374 468 351 109 344 2993 5887
Tee 4 M: 68.4/120 W: 73.3/133 327 133 360 317 444 127 340 245 443 2736 370 138 315 494 364 448 323 95 335 2882 5618
Tee 4/ Tee 5 W: 71.1/123 282 133 313 317 417 94 296 245 437 2534 317 138 275 449 323 404 316 95 293 2610 5144
Tee 5 W: 70.3/120 282 127 313 272 387 94 296 217 406 2394 317 130 275 449 323 404 316 88 293 2595 4989

Year Built 2003
Architect Bob Cupp (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 19

this is the best Course ! in perfect shape and absolutly beautiful

this is such a beautiful Golf Course. The Best in the whole area and in perfect shape. Excellent!!!

Having a confirmed tee time doesn't mean you will get to play it

I arrived 35 minutes early to check in and I was told that I got bumped from the Old Orange course to the Whispering Oak course, since the 3 members that I was paired with wanted to go out as their own group. I told them that I was here to play the Old Orange course because I was told that it was the better course. The person in the pro shop said that both courses are the same and if I wanted to play the Old Orange then the next available tee time was about 2 hours later. My confirmed tee time was at 10:48 am. If it wasn't for the fact that Golfnow already charged me for a portion of the green fees online, I would have left and gone to play another golf course. This is clearly a case of bait and switch. By the way, there is a difference between Old Orange and Whispering Oak. Old Orange is a better and nicer course eventhough I did not get to play it. Other members confirmed it and the Golfnow website shows it. One is a 5 and the other is a 4.

Challenging course with beautiful nature sourounding.

Friendly staff. Even for not single handycapers to play

Must play when in the Fort Myers Area

Truly special course that’s perfectly maintained. Fantastic course layout, practice facilities and very friendly staff.

Great experience

Enjoyed the entire day Practice facilities were great and well serviced

Course was very fair. Played well enough to step back to the tips where the holes took on an entirely new look

Greens were top dressed and cost me a couple strokes but happy to see the course is well manicured

Highly recommended

Excellent facility. The course is fair for all level of players. The pace of play was wonderful under 4 hours.

Suggest if you have an opportunity to play this course that you take it.

Miserable Round Due to Members

I will be clear, this review is more about the 4 ladies playing in front of me than anything else. The course is in great shape overall. A couple of the greens had to be sanded in spots but still ran true.

I was a single teeing off at 11:24a. On the range it it was "good ole boys" club which made it a great atmosphere and personally some where I would entertain joining as it was my first time here. Clearly it was a regular group outing and all foursomes. This is why I went to the tee a little earlier so I could get out in front. Teed off around 11:15a and no one was on the first hole. I did catch up to a foursome who immediately let me play through on the par 3 second hole.

This is where it all turned, I catch up to a foursome of ladies on three green and not once did they even make eye contact with me the rest of the round. I'd be sitting on the tee box before they even hit a shot and zero common courtesy was extended. Had it not been my first time playing nor having a good round going I would have skipped a hole to pass. As a single, took me 4 hours to play.

Not done yet, I pull up to the cart guys to return the cart and gather my things, the four ladies are laughing about how they would not let me play through. One so much as saw me pull up and went to the cart guy, "whatever he can wah wah wah all he wants" then looks at me and smiles. Took me A LOT to not snap back but I did keep in mind that I was a guest here and clearly they feel that being a member common courtesy and etiquette can go out the window.

I cannot completely blame the club for their members' actions but maybe don't post tee times when clearly the members want nothing to do with GolfNow commoners.

Best golf course in the area.

Thisis by far, the best layout and challenge for golfers on different levels.

6 tee boxes and a great lay out, can’t wait to come back. Try this one, you will be overwhelmed.

Also try Planatation in Fort Myers, also driven by Hampton Golf and in even better shape.

Commented On 10/17/2018

We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your positive feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Sweet experience!!!

What an awesome day of golf. By far the best conditioned course in the area.

Manicured track with a fair test of all facets of your skill level.. Old Orange is a gem!!!

Commented On 10/17/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Commented On 10/09/2018

Very nice

This is one of my favorite courses in the area and I try to play it whenever I am looking to play and can find it on golf now. Great layout and conditions. Staff very friendly. Stayed after golf this time and had a great lunch at the bar.

Commented On 06/27/2018

Warmest Regards,

Nice

Good layout, very difficult greens. A course you could never walk as there is quite some distance between the holes

Fair fun

Great golf course six sets of tee’s made the course fair for every player.

The staff from the front gate to the club house to the bag drop workers were all first class.

Nice challenging course

Starter could have been friendlier. A little bit of an attitude.

Seasonal Renter (3 months) at Verandah

Having played and thoroughly enjoyed the two courses at Verandah in past years we decided to rent for the season and play both Old Orange and Whispering Oak frequently! The two courses are very different with Old Orange challenging the golfer off the tee and being more friendlier on the greens, while the Whispering Oak course is the reverse. The quality of the Pro Shop / Back Shop staff is high and we've thoroughly enjoyed our first month (20+ rounds) and look forward to the next two!!

Great experience

I rented clubs and got a nice set of Callaways in the flex I needed.

Very enjoyable day staff was very friendly especially Jim the starter Course was well maintained and a good test of golf

Alva, Florida