Rolling Oaks is one of two championship courses at World Woods Golf Club. The layout offers something completely different from the renowned Pine Barrens course at the club, but it still offers the same amount of challenge and quality. The golf course is named after its landscape of rolling hills and forests of centuries old Oak trees draped with Spanish moss. Lush, rolling fairways lead to undulating greens that are protected by sharply defined, white sand bunkers. Water hazards come into play on three holes. The golf course has a traditional design but the dramatic elevation changes and picturesque landscape covered in azaleas, dogwoods, and magnolia trees really make it stand out. In addition to the two golf courses, World Woods also offers a nine-hole practice course and a circular, 20-acre driving range with target greens and practice bunkers.

World Woods Golf Club - Rolling Oaks

Year Built 1993
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1993) Jan Bel Jan Dennis Wise (1993)

Driving Range Yes - 300 tees
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Snacks

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

19th Hole Specials 12
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 77

Top 100 Course

what a course..... always beautiful and always perfect conditions. I will be back to play Pine Barrens.

Great golf course

Very wide and accepting fairways, very large greens. Greens had multiple diseased areas but other than that the course was in excellent condition.

Hidden Gem

Rolling Oaks is a manicured course, from the tee box to the green. The greens were a little hard to read but with playing this course more that will get better. The staff is friendly and You come first. I will be back!

The Mighty Have Fallen

Had not played W.W. in 3 years and must say they have their work ahead of them as I have never seen Pine Barrens in such rough shape.

Tough course - impossible pin placements

Fairways in great shape
Tee boxes in good shape
Greens mostly good shape with some areas really bad
Perfect weather, great playing partners, should've been a good day. Pin placements seemed to be set up for a Sunday on the PGA Tour. Tucking the flags behind traps is one thing, but just about every pin was placed on a ridge so it was impossible to get a read.
At the GolfNow rate, I'm glad I played the course, but I won't be back.

Carts need attention

I have to retract a statement from a prior review of this course, unfortunately. I finally had one of the carts that other reviewers have complained about. Two of them, actually, because I changed carts at the turn after literally holding the roof in place through 9 holes on the first cart - it wasn’t attached to the plastic rear supports due to a broken-off bracket. Cart #2, not much better. The roof supports had been repaired at their base with numerous drywall screws, which meant the roof weeble-wobbled around wildly unless constantly held in place manually while driving. I’d seen a couple broken windshields on prior rounds, and thought it was a trivial thing to mention in reviews, but this wasn’t trivial. It did detract from the otherwise great pleasure of playing here. I’ve no idea what it costs to replace parts on these carts, but it’s something that needs attention, given that there’s an actual safety issue involved if one of those things were to let go while a player is driving. Course conditions were very good, though a couple greens are starting to see some brown patches. 3 hour round.

CART

The course was good, but they need to do something about the bad conditioned carts. Had to wait a hour for a working cart. They gave me a hand cart , before I walk 100 yds. its fell apart.

Fantastic Golf Day

Make the trip to World Woods and you will feel like you are nowhere near a world class golf facility. It is well off of the beaten path. The clubhouse is very modest with a small pro shop and snack bar. This place is not fancy at all. After checking in for our tee time(s) (booked both courses for same day) we headed to our carts which were in rough shape. Cracked windshields and bare tires. Based on the atmosphere and beaten up carts I found myself wondering if we had arrived at a once great but recently down-trodden venue. Things can't always stay top-notch, and it appeared that investment in renovating the property and upgrading carts was not an important priority here.

My initial impression of World Woods flipped quickly when I first saw the practice facility. There is a multi directional driving range and a separate "iron range" along with several putting greens including one of the largest practice greens I have ever seen.

Golfers can warm up on three full size practice practice holes or play the 9 hole Short course for a very reasonable $20. (with cart) The short course has 9 distinctly different holes with impressive and dynamic green complexes. The short course is certainly worth your time! The practice facility could keep golfers occupied for hours! While warming up there is no sign of either of the 2 Tom Fazio designed 18 hole championship courses. The whole facility is massive.

By the time our tee time arrived we headed over to Pine Barrens #1 to start the first round of the day. From there I was truly awe-struck by the golf experience that would follow. Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks are two distinctly different presentations of masterful golf architecture. If you ever wondered what an imaginative architect could do with what appears to be an unlimited amount of space you will see it at World Woods.

Rolling Oaks was our second tee time of the day and the experience on Oaks was just as good as what we enjoyed on Pine Barrens. Rolling oaks has a more traditional golf course feel. There are several large elevation changes on this course, and again no two holes are alike. Players are challenged by several different hole lengths and shapes as the course winds its way through some beautiful scenery.

There are only a few points in the round where we saw portions of the course we were not playing. There is so much space at World Woods. The entire playing environment is magnificent.

While we played the afternoon round on Rolling Oaks it felt like we had the course to ourselves. I could not believe that both courses were not booked solid throughout the day. This is what golfers dream about!

Between rounds we ate at the snack bar in the clubhouse. They have a good selection of hot and cold sandwiches, Salads and a few other items. The food was good, service was fast and friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. They had a great 2 for $6 beer special which I took advantage of a few times! A day at World Woods definitely a must for any golfer!

I loved how the club did not feel pretentious in any way. There were not a bunch of attendants seeking tips for wiping down clubs. Everyone who worked there was genuinely friendly and helpful! It is truly a place built for anyone who just loves golf.

Besides the relatively beaten up carts and modest clubhouse (which I appreciate) the only issue I had was with the greens. The putting surfaces were mowed and were smooth, but fairly slow. You just need to get used to the speed, they still rolled true. Both of the courses were in good shape overall.

Golf heaven

World Woods isn’t where you go to mingle at some ornate clubhouse (though one would certainly look at home on the grounds here), and it’s not a flowery, sculptured set for weddings. It’s where you go for an absolutely beautiful golf experience. While the Pine Barrens course gets most of the press because of its unique nature, Rolling Oaks is every bit as enjoyable. In some ways, it’s more intimate and more challenging than Pine Barrens. The course was in excellent condition, despite the very long dry spell we’d experienced. Buttery, soft turf that allows one to use irons the way they’re intended. Greens are in great shape, perhaps a little slower than usual, but very well-tended. Pace of play, just over three hours. It’s hard to overstate just how enjoyable a round is here, on either course. The physical beauty of the place, combined with the outstanding layouts and groundskeeping, make it some of the most relaxing and thoroughly “fun” golf possible. Covid-19 procedures are in place - no water jugs, no ball wash towels, etc, so bring whatever water you need.

I’ve read some of these reviews where people complain that the carts aren’t brand new, the clubhouse isn’t a big faux-Plantation edifice, and some cart paths aren’t pristine. Seriously, if any of that really matters to you, maybe you should take up a different sport? It’s all about the golf here, and it’s spectacular.

Florida Advisor

Homerun of a course

I had played the highly touted Pine Barrens about 4 months ago and had such a great time. I had been wanting to get back out to play the Rolling Oaks course and was far from disappointed. Everything was in immaculate condition. The greens rolled fast but not frustratingly fast. Sand was wonderful, fairways were lush, and the layout was amazing. I played by myself and zipped around the empty course in about 2.5 hours and still didn’t feel like I was rushing. I particularly enjoyed the par 5’s. They seemed not only to abundant but very manageable and might I say even a scoring opportunity with wide fairways. I had a great time and look forward to going back very soon

Hidden gem

I left the course and asked myself was it worth the out of the way ride to get to a golf only facility in the middle of nowhere and the answer was overwhelmingly yes. After playing several excellent Florida development golf courses and finishing up here I was struck by two things that I didn’t see. Palms and cookie cutter housing. The golf was outstanding and that’s the bottom line of what we are looking for. This place was great.

Average Conditions

Course in average condition. Greens in good shape. Fairways ok. Course needs some updating. Could tell the Owner has been holding off investing monies into the facilities. Could be a much better course with a more active Owner. Received a discount opportunity to play. Wouldn't had paid full price otherwise.

Excellent course

Top shelf course, quality layout and condition. Bring your a-game on these tough , tough greens

Great layout. Generous fairways surrounded by oak trees in rural sitting. No houses on golf course makes for a great golf outing.. mix of small and large rolling greens that’ were faster than other Florida greens. I love this course!

Great course if you don't mind the drive

Course always seems to be in top shape. We were the first two off and played in 3 hours. Would have been quicker but the first couple holes it was real misty/foggy and couldn't see our tee shots. Plus it was cart path only. Luckily the started came and found us on hole 4 and said it was changed and only about half the holes were cart path only now. He gave us a new score cards with them highlighted and they were marked on course as well.

Everything great as always about this course. I

Great Layout!

Great layout with varied tees that will challenge all skill levels. Generous fairways, set in trees such that you do not see other groups too often. Peaceful! Good pace of play.

Boondocks Beauty

Way out in the middle of no where but a must play! Loved it!

Homosassa, Florida