Formerly known as Widow's Watch Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Barry Serafin (1999)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard

Merc says this place is a "GO" !

Great weather. Great day. Course in great shape. Greens were very receptive from shots. Even had a few that backed up. Other 3 guys played well. I brought up the rear with an 84. We will be back for sure. Teed off at 8:32 (Hablutzel group.) Very accommodating and friendly staff. Kudos folks!

fun course

Course was in pretty good shape from tee to green. It is definitely worth the price of a hot deal if you're in the area.

Greens were a bit slow

Overall the course was in pretty good shape. The greens had several ball marks and/or badly repaired old ball marks which I don't understand. One would think golfers would repair their damage and learn to do so properly. In any case the greens looked cut short, but were fairly slow. They did have good character with subtle breaks that make things interesting. I did not score as well as I would have liked, but it had nothing to do with the course. I would recommend this course to others. My wife loved it.

Not as nice as I remembered

It had been some time since I last played here. The course was not as nice as I thought I remembered. Rough was really thick, probably due to the large amount of rain we had recently, just needed mowing. Evidently, the course has seen a lot of play, and it showed. The fairways somewhat rough from all the play and the greens had a large number of ball marks from folks not repairing the ball marks left behind. I do not recall how many additional marks I fixed on top of my own. They rolled pretty rough. The staff were super friendly. Did not have any food other than snacks such as candy bars, chips, etc. Overall value was really good though. This course has tons of potential.

Best shape I've seen it

Golf Club of the Bluegrass was in the best shape it's been in for years. Green lush grass on tees, fairways, collars and greens. Lots of newish sand in the bunkers, which looked like they are being raked regularly.

Great bang for the buck

If you have a chance to play GCBG on a GolfNow deal, you should do it. While the course itself isn't super challenging from the blue tees, stepping back to the tips will be fun for any low handicapped golfer. Void of any true "gimmick" holes, the layout is very inviting and gives the opportunity to use most clubs in the bag. If there is any downside at all, it would have to be the sand traps. While they are in good shape (and plentiful supply for the area), the sand in them contains far too many small rocks and pebbles to allow the golfer to feel comfortable swinging away. The potential for bouncing a club and even nicking one up is there, never a fun thought.

Past that, I would happily play this course again and soon!

Arguably one of the best course in the lexington area. Challeneging greens and pin locations coupled with awesome course conditions make this course a great place to challenge to your game.

Really nice course

Our first time playing this course and we really like it. Course is very scenic with an abundance of trees, water and sand. Holes are challenging but not super difficult. My wife found the ladies tees to be very reasonable in length and setup. Greens had plenty of character and were rolling good. Some narrow fairways will test your accuracy but not a lot of trouble. We lost one ball which is good for us. I recommend you give it a try. We'll go back.

great day of golf

I couldn't ask for a nicer course for the money. Fairways were perfect; greens were fast and consistant. The rough made you work to recover, as it should. Just a fun, great day of golf.

Good Dad's Day Outing

GC of the Bluegrass was in very good shape, consider our lack of rain. Ithe only suggestion I have is improved signage on some holes. Having not played it in 6-7 yrs, I didn't remember all the next hole cues. Other than that, I'd use golf now app to okay it again.

Fairways Wonderful, Greens Not So Much

One of the most underrated courses in central Kentucky. Fairways and tee boxes (with one notable exception) in excellent condition. The only negatives to the course are the greens and subpar bunkers. The greens are very slow. Some bunkers are ok, but for the most part, most are hard and need new sand. The golf course superintendent needs to go to USGA school for maintaining proper greens. He/she gets an A+ for the tee boxes and fairways, a C- for the bunkers and a D for the greens. It's hard to play this course one day and another in central Kentucky the next due to the pace of the greens.

Really Nice Course

Booked though GolfNow for $19 a person so it was an excellent value. From Tee Boxes to Greens it was well maintained; however we didn't appreciate the tractors with bush hogs following us on the 1st 3 holes mowing.

We arrived at 1:00 for a 2:00 tee time to loosen up on the driving range and while there were carts out there, they said they didn't have carts available for us, so we didn't appreciate lugging our clubs back and forth. When our carts were available (at 1:50) we were immediately told that the 1st tee was open and we should go.

Overall, it was as if we weren't as important as other golfers because we booked through Golf Now at a discounted rate and didn't pay full price. The staff wasn't rude, but I certainly wouldn't call them friendly.

Gcbg

Very good overall. Several tee boxes require attention.

Excellent Experience

I had not played the course in several years and was extremely surprised at how well the course has matured. Tee boxes and greens are in great shape and the fairways are firming up. I will definitely play GCBG again soon. It was a pleasant surprise.

This course has interesting features. It is quite playable by seniors from the white tees, and is challenging for good golfers from the tips

I play here often. It is reasonably priced with discount for seniors. It is well kept up, with a lot of attention paid to the condition of the fairways and greens.

Great course, enjoyed the day, friendly staff.w

Other than the greens being maintained I really liked the course.

The course was nice.

I called the pro shop to check on the course condition and the person I talked to was not very friendly. I almost did not book the tee time because of that person. However, I did go ahead and book the tee time. The pro that checked us in was very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the day very much and the pace of play was wonderful.

excellent

had not played this course in 3-4 years. found it very well maintained and in great condition. was very pleased and will play it again soon.

Nice open course, great for intermediate, and amatures

first time on this course and plan on returning. will also recommend to others

GCB

Not in great condition. Could have been because of heavy rains but fairways were a mess.

Versailles, Kentucky