Trump National Golf Club

Trump National Golf Club-Los Angeles
Scorecard for Trump National
Black M: 74.6/144 340 530 427 171 513 473 578 235 509 3776 440 225 530 445 561 175 338 240 512 3466 7242
Blue M: 71.9/136 314 475 368 150 444 409 540 201 445 3346 300 195 500 418 485 150 300 206 391 2945 6291
White M: 69.9/130 W: 75.3/144 309 450 336 137 397 397 512 183 422 3143 280 187 475 385 459 131 278 181 362 2738 5881
Red M: 67.1/121 W: 71.1/134 284 405 280 119 326 368 447 154 390 2773 252 136 448 342 450 117 260 160 332 2497 5270
Gold M: 63.6/111 W: 67.8/122 253 343 230 98 295 334 400 107 354 2414 200 106 412 260 404 96 205 139 302 2124 4538

Year Built 1999
Architect Pete Dye (1999) Perry Dye (1999)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Academy at Trump National Golf Club"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club and JCB
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire required, collared shirts only, no denim, shorts 4" above the knee or longer.

Entertaining Clients 8

Spectacular

Stunning Oceanside course with views from every hole and amazing sunset. Conditions are pristine and greens are super fast. Very challenging course

Rusty Review of Trump National Los Angeles

Trump National LA is an awesome layout with views that are unbelievably beautiful. Built along the coastline cliffs of the Pacific Ocean, it is as eye-catching as any golf course in the world. The greens were extremely nice and roll perfectly.. Fairways were manicured and divots were rare. I’ve played many world class venues all over the world, and this course is right there with any of them. It’s not a course for beginners as it has a pretty high degree of difficulty, especially on the back nine. The clubhouse was very nice as well with a spacious grill area to relax after the round.. I could play this course every day and never get tired of it. Book it through Golf. Now for reduced pricing. You will be thrilled with what you find at this golf course!

Sharing a cart for $300

Had to share a cart with another player and was given a tiny bag for range balls (20 max), and you can’t take more balls to the range. For the price paid was expecting a little more.

The course is beautiful and challenging,.

The Best High End Course in So Cal

This course was in perfect condition on an even more perfect day. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky on a late December day you can't beat it. The staff being rude mentioned in other reviews couldn't be farther from the truth. Everyone we encountered this day was very friendly from the valet that takes your clubs away to the marshals. Beautiful club house, beautiful grass driving range with free balls and views of the pacific. Layout out is beautiful and fun, but extremely narrow and challenging, contour of the greens are also very difficult. Don't come out here expecting to shoot a great round. Tee to green the conditions were as perfect as you can ask for with the only complaint being that the greens were impossibly fast. The price tag for a tee time here is steep but there are many deals to be found out there for this course that is in my opinion a must play for anyone in the LA area.

The Starter attitude so Bad

The Worker attitude so rude, especially the starter at the beginning of the round.

We are first time play there, they shall expect we don't know exactly the details, they shall have a sign there to tell how is going. he is not there then we drive golf cart down to the putting area prentice, then one guy /marshall told us we can proceed on the first tee , then we just proceed to the first tee and wait there one minute, the starter came and Yielding us and asked us go back to the top then we follow up with him to the top, he still in bad attitude to yielding us, we keeping said sorry we did not know there are still have a 10;20 am before us.. we told him one drove golf cart/marshall told us proceed to the first tee. our tee time is 10:30 am, how do we know in front of us is what tee time? we said sorry, but he still tried to show his power and keep yielding us and saying bad for us, asked us tell him who is that guy? He is only person in charge there. looks like we tell the lie. he shall told us there are still have one group before us, then ask us wait on side, because we are the next, why he ask us go back to the top and intention to asked to wait there to show his punished us. is already our turns, he said when dpeople on the first tee, we shall not wait there, but then after our turn why he allow after us group to show up wait with us there and watch us ? there are two standard level to treat people. we paid the fees come to enjoy the beautiful and expensive golf course for the christmas holiday, then he just ruined our pleasant mood to play golf. we three peoples all around 64 years old, we knew some basic rules about gold course, it might too exciting this beautiful course and neglect there are still have one group in front us, starter job just make it in order, not like police caught criminal to yielding us on the public, his attitude like president there? he got paid to service customer not to take advantage to ruin out good mood. After we finish round return the golf cart to the place, one guy stand there also with not respect attitude to us to asked parking the cart to another side. we admitted and slip this section story, anyway this course worker attitude shall improve a lot..

Nice course but we were not made aware that it was cart path only and then the staff proceeded to hound us about being 8 minutes behind pace

California Advisor

Trump National

Rode the Blues (6294/71.9/136) in 4H, 20M with Caligolfer1031, Matthew and Jerrod. CPO. Clear, breezy and around 70. We got about as good a day to golf as you will ever encounter next to the ocean. Greg and I enjoyed using our free Trump e-mail voucher rounds immensely! My 1st time playing here. Course conditions were excellent bordering on immaculate. Wet but very playable after the recent rains. Other than 1 bunker and a few areas that had some runoff challenges, the entire place was in the 8+ range out of 10 condition wise. The Pete Dye layout is tight and every hole has a great ocean view. Very tough, unforgiving course. Side note: Just for kicks, we teed on the Black tees on #18, which is perched on top of a hill beside the ocean. Toughest par 4 I have ever seen from there... 512 yards, with a 200 yard forced carry to reach a fairly tight fairway with lost ball bushes down both sides before you reach a very severe green with trouble all around. The Blue tees are almost 1,000 yards shorter than the Blacks here, the largest yardage gap I have ever seen between tee boxes. The tees were lush and very well maintained. The fairways were lush and maintained high coming out of over seeding. The course played long with almost no roll because of the higher grass and wet conditions. The rough was nasty. Lush, 3" tall and the ball sat down, made worse by wet conditions. Several times we almost had to be hovering over our ball to find it. Advancing the ball more than 125 yards and getting it back in the fairway w/o roll was a good result. The sand traps were in amazing condition considering it had rained the previous 2 days. Thick sand that was for the most part immaculately maintained. The greens were medium fast and putted well. The contours appeared less severe than most Dye courses until you watched a few chips/putts roll much differently than expected. You did not want a putt or chip down a slope here. The customer service was excellent. The friendly, informative Player attendant out making numerous rounds, as was the drink cart gal. Combination of price and out of the way location would have me rarely playing here, but the course and layout were better than I had heard. It's tough and tight, not a place most people are going to lower their handicap. However, I came away feeling like I usually do when I play another one of Dye's more famous layouts, Stadium @ PGA West. It beat me up but I still thoroughly enjoy the experience. Definitely recommended, especially if you can get a deal.

Absolutely fantastic course

I take this as the best golf course I ever played since I play golf in past 10 years. Everything seems in the course is great, the view the fairways tee box green, the staff. It is a challenge course need good strategy, bushes are always trouble. The fareways are narrow. Better not use drivers next time.

The only setback is the food. Not very enjoyable. But definitely come back to play. I really enjoy today in this course as a good day before thanksgivings day

Loved It

Very cool layout. Loved the greens design and positioning.

Beautiful day and no wind made it better.

Will come back.

Expensive but worth it

What a wonderful day with my son. We got a deal and traveled over to play this fine golf course. Outstanding design, with 17 holes having a few of the Pacific Ocean. We played senior tees and thoroughly enjoyed every minute from the spacious range to the course itself. Outstanding views with challenging chipping contours. Undulating greens. Lots of difficulty but also lots of wonderful opportunities. The whole experience was first class and I've already made arrangements for playing in April when I'm back on the left coast. A true gem.

Pay for the views

The views are amazing, that's what you pay for. Course overall in just OK shape for the price. The bunkers were actually horrible and there were numerous holes with fairways under repair. There wasn't enough sand in them, the burlap or whatever is underneath the sand was actually showing through on a few different bunkers (see picture). Between our foursome, all of which are single digit handicaps, 9 out of the 11 bunkers we hit were in bad shape. All they really needed was more sand, so that was disappointing.

Greens are really fast going towards the ocean, but pretty slow the other way so it's hard to judge distance but overall OK.

There was maybe 3 groups on the entire course but we got stuck behind a 3 some that was playing from the tips but should not have been. That made for a slow round but was more luck of the draw.

I would only recommend playing if you want the view, otherwise you can spend a lot less for a better layout and better maintained course.

Great Golf, Awesom Ocean Views

Course conditions are great, really nice layout with good amount of challenge. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I could play this on a regular basis, and be very satisfied. A+ all day!!

Amazing!

Fantastic track ! Ocean view on every hole. No one close in front or behind me all round. 3.5 hr round and I took pictures every hole.

Wow..

OK. I had played this course when it was "Ocean Trails", and Trump had bought it, and it was a "work in progress", with only some 15 holes. WHAT a difference a decade makes! This course is a true gem of beauty and near perfection! It was cool, with a breeze coming in off the ocean, and some overcast, which I am not used to from Tucson. My only real trouble was on the first hole, in hitting into the left DEEP bunker, and trying to hit/beat my way out uphill, instead of just chipping out the back of it first. LOVED the fairways, and the greens were true! Obviously, the panoramic views are stunning. The 18th Black Tee box was incredible. The staff were wonderful as well. The starter was very helpful. The practice area well done. Carolina was fantastic. No matter what your political persuasion, GO try this course! I would call it "Pebble Beach South".

Hail to the chief

Always in great shape,, very beautiful course,, on the high side for prise,but can find good deals,, a course everyone should play at least once. Will be back.

AMAZING GOLF EXPERIENCE!

18 holes of unobstructed ocean views...there is nothing like this place!

San Pedro, California