Wolf Creek Golf Course

Wolf Creek Golf Course
Scorecard for Wolf Creek Golf Course
Black M: 73.2/143 591 159 572 187 434 412 346 462 439 3602 461 144 357 388 175 363 429 579 571 3467 7069
Gold M: 71.2/138 560 135 548 171 387 383 337 447 425 3393 431 133 342 370 151 331 415 540 550 3263 6656
Blue M: 69.0/130 541 127 525 158 338 348 329 403 397 3166 400 118 303 345 138 312 394 499 514 3023 6189
Silver M: 67.7/127 504 103 491 100 294 332 281 374 315 2794 370 112 221 334 104 291 258 477 460 2627 5421
Red W: 70.1/125 490 99 486 92 288 328 270 371 307 2731 363 101 209 330 84 280 244 466 454 2531 5262

Year Built 2001
Architect Mike Young

Carts Yes - $20

Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover

Slow greens

The greens are in rough shape. They looked diseased. This should be shared given its impact on play. The green on 10 is only half useable. The tee boxes need to be cut, it was not possible to hit a iron from the par threes without risking a flyer lie.

I was very scared to play because I didn’t see any golfers.Most fairway was very mass.I will never go back to play again.

Unhappy

ROBBED!

First the good. The course was green, had nice elevation changes and they had cold drinks in the clubhouse. That's about it.

The bad. After completing my round which was wrought with frustration at the lack of any yardage indicators beyond the tee box, and no functioning GPS units in the carts, I returned to the parking lot to discover that my truck window had been smashed and articles stolen from my vehicle. The staff called the police for me and I did my best to calmly wait for them. Upon arrival I learned from officer that this happens 5 TO 6 TIMES A WEEK THERE!!! Let me repeat that again. IT HAPPENS NEARLY ONCE A DAY!!!! I am at a loss to understand how a place which has half a dozen or more security cameras around the (small) parking lot and hired a "marshal" to patrol the lot has this happen. The "marshal" said that what happened to my truck must have happened while he was on lunch. *reckless speculation disclaimer waiver * I have to wonder if the staff isn't in on this. How can they hire someone to watch the parking lot, have multiple security cameras pointed at the grounds an this happen multiple times per week. Another questionable point is that I learned that management hasn't turned the video from several of these recent thefts over to the police. Now again I have no proof of this at all. This is just my logical mind putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. FYI this occurred between 2:00 and 4:30 pm on a Saturday. If you know you have a problem with vehicles being broken into why not have adequate staff to watch the parking lot. At $74.00 for 18 holes I think they could afford to hire someone.

So I won't be back. If you do go for the golf I hope you bring a rangefinder and take adequate precautions to hide all your valuables out of sight and certainly lock your car.

Points to ponder...

I'd read good reviews about Wolf Creek and decided to finally give it a try. I live up in Cumming / Forsyth County, and play great courses in that area (I mention that by way of comparison). The first thing of note was the price... for this area, for a Sunday morning, $75 is much higher than many much better courses. I'm not sure if it's the proximity to the airport or what, but the course, though nice, is not worth that fee (again, by comparison to other courses). Now, the course itself is well-maintained, with some very wide fairways. I played the blue tees (~6100 yards) which played very short for me... I hit 3- and 5-wood off most tees instead of driver. The pace was good (several twosomes in front of us) and we saw the cart girl several times. The clubhouse is quite small and you'll miss the grill room if you blink. My only complaint was there were no range balls available to hit on the range. I arrived an hour early specifically to warm up properly, but was told the balls were "being washed", and they'd be brought to the range soon... they never showed up. I absolutely recommend the course for its layout and great conditions, but can't justify its green fee.

Great course!

Awesome challenging course with fantastic fairways. The rough might be a bit high but as long as you stay in the fairway you are all good! Loved the layout and the course conditions. Can’t wait to play there again soon!

Nice course and staff

Course and staff were nice. However, the regular rate is too high for what the course and clubhouse offer. GPS was on the cart but hard to read. Glad we got a Hot Deal!

Very enjoyable day

Got about 2 or 3 inches of rain early this morning. Course was pretty wet and all sand traps washed out. Cart path only made for a longer round which we understood why. Always enjoy playing here!

Overpriced and No Walking

I get it, the course is a hard one to walk. The length between tees could be a 5 min walk but when the course is wide open on a Tuesday with 5 cars in the parking lot, players should have the option to walk at a cheaper rate. Unfortunately, the value just wasn't there with the required cart. Extremely overpriced and I wouldn't recommend paying more than $40 to play this track.

The course layout is average overall. I do like the back 9 much more than the front. The back 9 also has a lot more blind tee shots. You need to play more than once to see where your lines are off the tee. Fairways, tee boxes, and the rough is in good shape. The greens are okay, a bit fluffy and slow, but typical for bent greens in the middle of the summer.

I still recommend the course, but don't be foolish and pay full price on the weekend or weekday.

Not what I remember, but ok.

I first played this course in 2010 and remember it was one of the best conditioned I've seen. I told myself if I was ever back in Atlanta area I would play it again. I was disappointed at the conditions.

They used to have Zysoia grass but now went with standard fescue look. Wasn't bad. More like a slightly below average maintained, semi private club. Layout is good. Some of the tee boxes were moved up so I was hitting a gap wedge to 2 par 3's but it was fun hitting a 7 iron into a par 5 on my second shot. Does require working a slight draw or fade, but not too much. You can club down, layup and still do ok if you can't work the ball around.

$30 twilight rate is good price point. Don't pay more than that. Not worth it. Like I said, not a bad course. It just reminds you of a really good municipal or a slightly below average semi private. When I played it in 2010 I would have considered it a private club.

Nice Course

Nice greens, nice fairways, nice sand traps, nice tee-boxes, nice range, nice people. Nice golf course. Good pace of play. Carts have yardage marking computer screens. Overall pleasant golfing experience.

Great Greens

First time at the course, will play again next time I’m in town. Nice track.

Favorite course - but it was in bad condition

The rain took out the front half of the course. So we were stuck playing the back 9 twice. While this was frustrating, I still love this course like no other. It's been fixed now. It can be a little wet, but the course is amazing.

Perfect play

Not busy on a weekday, have for a very enjoyable play. Carts have god which is nice.

Will come back!

Played first time. Very good conditions. Layout is challenging, testing every club in the bag. Have to return to get a better feel of the layout and score.

Nice Track

Course in good shape> Only drawback is greens were aerated and it wasn’t in the advisory.

College Park, Georgia