Glasgow Gailes Golf Club

Championship 71 6903 yards 74.1 134
Yellow 71 6322 yards 71.4 129
Yellow (W) 71 6322 yards
Scorecard for Gailes Links Golf Course
Black M: 74.1/134 341 401 467 472 593 152 445 342 307 3520 422 419 220 334 560 152 438 403 435 3383 6903
White M: 72.3/131 341 349 427 430 536 152 403 342 307 3287 422 419 182 334 526 152 413 365 435 3248 6535
Yellow M: 71.4/129 332 341 419 425 530 144 395 339 304 3229 418 414 177 320 506 147 380 322 409 3093 6322
Blue W: 67.9/122 289 325 358 392 477 116 347 259 291 2854 354 361 148 270 474 134 279 285 394 2699 5553

Year Built 1892
Architect Willie Park, Jr. (1912)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Switch
Dress code Proper golf attire: golf shoes required, collared or polo shirts, slacks or trousers, no denims, tailored shorts only at least knee length.

Golf Channel

A beautiful day...

We played this off the plane, from an overnight flight from the states. The course was good but I'm having difficulty remembering many of the holes. I remember the first and last holes, and the par 3s, but I don't remember much more than that and I can't quite figure out the reason.

It also doesn't help that it's in the same area as Royal Troon, Prestwick and Western Gailes, more popular golf courses right there along the coast. Still, a day of golf in Scotland beats a day of golf just about anywhere else.

Excellent Links Experience

Excellent course in exceptional condition for this time of year. It was an absolute pleasure to play this Links course in very demanding conditions. A must for all serious golfers. The fairways and greens were immaculate. The rough was testing if you ventured into it and the traps were everywhere. A great overall test awaits.

Redirected

Was initially supposed to play the Glen in north Berwick.But after a mix up with the tee sheet,ended up going down to play

Glasgow Gailes. And in my opinion one of the best I have played, every hole presented a new challenge.For November the course was in great condition I would love to return in the summer.Do yourself a favour and play this course you won't regret it.

Willie Park subperb

Play a Willie Park course at home and the surprise when we pulled up and found he had also designed the course heightened the experience.

That staff was really interested in having guests who played a course by the same designer

Stunning Course

Was looking forward to playing this course for a while now and did not disappoint. The course was in stunning condition and the best greens I've played on for quite a while and that includes the old course & Carnoustie.

Excellent

Great course and condition, difficult but fair, watch the greens tho, they can make u look silly but fantastic fun.

Stunning.

First time at the club, we turned up to the most welcoming pro (nick) which was delightful. He showed us round, made us feel so welcome and gave us a little insight to the clubs history. The weather was glorious so we had a few putts on the putting green then decided to walk onto the first tee.. chancing our luck we went back to the clubhouse and asked nick if we could play from the blacks.. he had a wee chuckle and said of course we could so that's what we did. The course was I'm beautiful condition.. greens,tees and fairways were top top so a well done to the greens staff for the hard work that I know goes into maintaining such a beautiful course. By the sixth hole we had no one behind or in front of us which made it even better so we enjoyed the course and the golf the rest of the way home. For me and my playing partner for the day the Glasgow Gailes is one of the finest courses we have played.. we are both low single figures and have played a lot of nice courses and for us this is definitely top 5 in the country. Thank you so much again too the pro for making us feel so welcome and our day such a delight.

Excellent course

Excellent course great layout and in very good condition great test of golf

Course in perfect condition. Dry despite recent rain. Forgiving for the odd wayward shot until rough comes up. Greens fantastic. Links golf but lush that bit away from the sea. No sea views. Great welcome from pro shop.

Even better than last year

Noticed various areas where trees and bushes have been removed since last year - with all changes enhancing the course.

In fantastic condition for time of year and a warm welcome as always.

Truly one of Scotlands finest links.

Great course all year round.

Second time playing at the Gails and we couldn't give it enough praise. Condition brilliant considering it's December. Greenkeepers can be seen out on the course keeping it in a great condition. Only downside is that it's a bit deer but you do get a great course and staff are very helpful.

Course condition

Course was in magnificent order considering the time of year. There was a lot going on within the course foot print but still in great order.

I just goes to prove that courses can be played at this time of year without dropping off fairways.

The tee boxes greens and all surrounding areas were in superb order.

The club house stall and Nick the Pro were most courteous. The clubhouse and shower/toilet areas were very clean. Would not hesitate to go again.

Unlucky for some.

Picked the only day this year where frost was hard and covered the entire country. That being said the course was available for play from the white tee markers albeit to winter the greens. The entire course was covered in white frost and we did not expect to play at all. We would love to play here in full course conditions, the greens looked undulating and in great shape for December and three putts would have been good. The staff in the clubhouse from the caddy master to the caterers were welcoming and friendly and the clubhouse facilities and prices were excellent. The cousre itself is fairly flat and walking with carry bags was easy.

Glasgow Gailes

Fantastic course and even though fairway protection in place this never hampered the round. Club contacted prior to round to bring forward times and very accommodating on the day.

Sunday afternoon

After a day of heavy rain the day before I was a bit concerned about the condition the course would be in. Don't worry, it could be raining for a week and this place would cope. Fairways bone dry, green firm and true, all round the course was in excellent condition.

Friendly staff and top class facilities.

Poor weather

An old gem!

A great links course, steeped in tradition. Interesting throughout, with great variety of holes. Chuck in the wind and rain, and you'll get a great links experience!

One of the best

A great golf course, every hole is different and challenging

1st Class Course

One of the best links course's in Ayrshire and in super condition. Great practice area next to clubhouse to warm up on which you will need. Some really tough holes mixed in with some birdie chances. Whatever you do try to stay out of the gorse unless you have arms like Popeye. Great challenge as you would expect of such a renowned course. Pro was also very welcoming. Would join this club in a shot

Gailes, North Ayrshire