Glasgow Gailes Golf Club

Championship 71 6903 yards 74.1 134
Yellow 71 6322 yards 71.4 129
Yellow (W) 71 6322 yards
Scorecard for Gailes Links Golf Course
Black M: 74.1/134 341 401 467 472 593 152 445 342 307 3520 422 419 220 334 560 152 438 403 435 3383 6903
White M: 72.3/131 341 349 427 430 536 152 403 342 307 3287 422 419 182 334 526 152 413 365 435 3248 6535
Yellow M: 71.4/129 332 341 419 425 530 144 395 339 304 3229 418 414 177 320 506 147 380 322 409 3093 6322
Blue W: 67.9/122 289 325 358 392 477 116 347 259 291 2854 354 361 148 270 474 134 279 285 394 2699 5553

Year Built 1892
Architect Willie Park, Jr. (1912)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Switch
Dress code Proper golf attire: golf shoes required, collared or polo shirts, slacks or trousers, no denims, tailored shorts only at least knee length.

Golf Channel

A beautiful day...

We played this off the plane, from an overnight flight from the states. The course was good but I'm having difficulty remembering many of the holes. I remember the first and last holes, and the par 3s, but I don't remember much more than that and I can't quite figure out the reason.

It also doesn't help that it's in the same area as Royal Troon, Prestwick and Western Gailes, more popular golf courses right there along the coast. Still, a day of golf in Scotland beats a day of golf just about anywhere else.

Excellent Links Experience

Excellent course in exceptional condition for this time of year. It was an absolute pleasure to play this Links course in very demanding conditions. A must for all serious golfers. The fairways and greens were immaculate. The rough was testing if you ventured into it and the traps were everywhere. A great overall test awaits.

Redirected

Was initially supposed to play the Glen in north Berwick.But after a mix up with the tee sheet,ended up going down to play

Glasgow Gailes. And in my opinion one of the best I have played, every hole presented a new challenge.For November the course was in great condition I would love to return in the summer.Do yourself a favour and play this course you won't regret it.

Willie Park subperb

Play a Willie Park course at home and the surprise when we pulled up and found he had also designed the course heightened the experience.

That staff was really interested in having guests who played a course by the same designer

Stunning Course

Was looking forward to playing this course for a while now and did not disappoint. The course was in stunning condition and the best greens I've played on for quite a while and that includes the old course & Carnoustie.

Excellent

Great course and condition, difficult but fair, watch the greens tho, they can make u look silly but fantastic fun.

Stunning.

First time at the club, we turned up to the most welcoming pro (nick) which was delightful. He showed us round, made us feel so welcome and gave us a little insight to the clubs history. The weather was glorious so we had a few putts on the putting green then decided to walk onto the first tee.. chancing our luck we went back to the clubhouse and asked nick if we could play from the blacks.. he had a wee chuckle and said of course we could so that's what we did. The course was I'm beautiful condition.. greens,tees and fairways were top top so a well done to the greens staff for the hard work that I know goes into maintaining such a beautiful course. By the sixth hole we had no one behind or in front of us which made it even better so we enjoyed the course and the golf the rest of the way home. For me and my playing partner for the day the Glasgow Gailes is one of the finest courses we have played.. we are both low single figures and have played a lot of nice courses and for us this is definitely top 5 in the country. Thank you so much again too the pro for making us feel so welcome and our day such a delight.

Excellent course

Excellent course great layout and in very good condition great test of golf

Gailes, North Ayrshire