Royce Brook Golf Club - East Golf Course

Style Parkland
Royce Brook Golf Club
Scorecard for East
Blue M: 73.6/132 482 425 171 568 335 371 495 195 446 3488 420 375 492 380 468 209 429 153 532 3458 6946
Green M: 71.5/130 437 374 155 521 320 360 475 172 430 3244 401 359 479 352 389 182 415 141 482 3200 6444
White M: 69.2/126 W: 74.7/132 387 356 125 475 292 331 443 160 390 2959 347 343 450 310 367 172 389 131 467 2976 5935
Red W: 69.6/121 332 321 88 433 210 300 393 81 315 2473 300 314 357 271 352 119 298 97 415 2523 4996

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent grass
Greens Bent grass
Architect Steve Smyers

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express
Dress code collared shirts, denim jeans not permitted

Entertaining Clients 13

A Bit wet - Then frozen but 100% FuN

Course was open, and driving from north jersey down 287, there was no snow from the recent storm south of 78 / Bedminster. Course was open as advertised; walking only. There was a bit of standing water in the bunkers from all the rain, and it was windy, we teed off at over 40 degrees and by the time we finished about 4 hours later, it was 28. I played with three brave Asian souls and we had a blast. The course is even better in the summer, some of the best public golf in the state.

First tee off for 2019, Thank you to Mother Nature.

Splendid trip to Royce Brook

A bit better than the last time I was here, I could not book an earlier tee time (1:20) so I got there around 12, and due to the fact it was Christmas eve and the course was populated seemingly with wealthy Asian men (but still not very crowded), the nice pro shop man let me tee off early. I joined a twosome on the third hole (philippino men this time) and we had a blast, a four hour round (cart path only). They seem to have put sand back in the bunkers and one out of bounds area on the second par 5 got me two palmfuls of scarcely played, near-new Pro V1's. This place reminds me of Ballyowen with the mounding, though not as dramatic between holes, it is still a parkland style layout, and the winds were two clubs on certain shots. Definitely worth the trip, the gentleman I played with cam early from work in Manhattan.

New favorite

Course was well maintained and cleaned up after a snow storm. Great deals on off season rounds. Challenging but fun layout.

New York Advisor

West (Private)

I could not believe how bad the conditions of the bunkers were, horrendous! And there are close to 200 bunkers. Otherwise all else is good, a little wet and cart path only.

A beautiful course

Very nice greens very well maintained and staff are very nice and friendly

Twilight/Fall @ Roycebrook

It was OK. I had heard nice things & it lived up to it most of the time. Greens could run true but did not recover well from footprints & were quite bumpy late in the day as well as sand traps that were more like dirt pits. Pace O' play was absolutely horrendous & I'm not a stickler for playing fast. There was no ranger out there & probably should've been today. MAY go back but a ton of other competition to consider for like pricing that is nicer.

Play it again Sam.

The weather was as good as it could get. We were paired up with a scratch golfer and a single digit player just like us. The course conditions near perfect. We were all shooting lights out until we caught up to a fivesome on the eighth hole, so we practiced for ten minutes on the seventh green until they cleared out and then we never seen them again. It was a great day on the course argueing who the better football team is and who s the best golfer nowadays. We all shot in the seventies and had a great time, I can’t wait to go back.

Nice Day

Great Course! Great Staff, that was friendly, helpful and really wanted you to enjoy your time there. We had no one in front of us and played in 4 hrs, with a 1:00 tee time. The course was soaked, so cart path only. Not there fault. Greens were smooth and very wet. I will go back again!

It has been years since I played at this course, and I felt that it was still in great condition. Weather was hot and humid. But, I appreciated the following:

1. Driving range with real grass as opposed to turf.

2. Friendly staff.

3. Course layout.

It felt like they did shave off a bit on the rough, which i didn't mind. Fast green, and layout allows for you to pick your shots. Plays bit slow in part because of the layout, but saw rangers around checking in.

Overall worth the drive from NYC, and glad I used long weekend easy traffic to get down to play here. Will come back for more pain later on the year. haha

Impressive!

The weather has been terrible recently with extreme amounts of rain and showed up at 7am for an 8am tee time thinking this course would be a swamp. Couldn’t be further from the truth. No 90 degree rule or cart path only, just go play. Hat tip to the grounds crew because the course was in great shape.

Grass range and a beautiful putting green that impressed my country club buddies who were dragged to a “public” course. By the end of the round they wanted to know when we were coming back. The layout is wonderful and each hole is pretty unique. No throwaway holes that you usually see at public courses. Now the pictures of the course look to be of the West course which is private and a links style. The public course is the East course, but it is “public” in name only as it is taken care of like a private club course. Fairways are generous and cut like fairways should, and the rough is something to be avoided. Greens could be better taken care of by players as soft conditions make for pot marked greens. But that is on the players who don’t know how to take care of something great when they play on it. Simply amazing day of golf.

The staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. A+ to all of them. Great clubhouse after the round to celebrate a win or drown the sorrows. Can’t wait to get back!

Pennsylvania Advisor

great facility

I had always wanted to try Royce Brook and yesterday was the day. Used 2 coupons on a hot deal and got the price down to 33 per player which was fantastic. The overall facility is as good as it gets. Tremendous practice area and the level of service is top notch. The patio area is nice and the outdoor grill is great for burgers, dogs and beers. You feel like you are way far from civilization as its out in the country and its peaceful and lovely. The East course gives you plenty of room off the tee and on many of the greens you can run the ball on so its quite playable for all levels. The greens are outstanding and moderately fast. There is a great mix of holes and the you'll use all the clubs in your bag. I will make sure to return each year for a great day.

Twosome

The two of us find shed the round in 3 1/2 hours. We actually took our time since the temperature was hovering around 100•

Slow play

The course was incredibly slow. We teed off play and had a 6 hour round. Overall conditions were fair. Greens had a lot of tracking for 9am and the course doesn’t seem to drain well. It rained a lot the morning before but I didn’t expect the bunkers to be completely filled with water. I shot pretty well so I guess that’s good?

Course was in great condition and the greens were fast. Will definitely be playing here again!

I really enjoyed playing this course for the first time. I thought the layout was great and the course was in great shape as well. The only issue i have is the drive since i would play this course much more if it wasn't such a far drive. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to play a course with an open layout.

Hillsborough, New Jersey