The Architects Golf Club

The Architects Golf Club is a unique layout that honors legendary course designers including Donald Ross, A.W. Tillinghast, and Alistair Mackenzie. Each hole is named after a famous designer, beginning with Old Tom Morris. The opening par 5 pays homage to St. Andrews' designer through the use of the existing features as hazards such as the rock wall and the sloping hillside that the green is deftly carved into. One of the most memorable holes is the 13th, another par 5 that will give you a taste of what it's like to play Augusta. This Alistair Mackenzie-inspired hole offers many risks and rewards. Golfers will face fairways bunkers and a pond on the left and then a creek that runs diagonally in front of the triple-tiered green. Position is the key to maneuvering this tough hole.
Architects Golf Club
Blue (W) 71 6172 yards 76.7 137
Scorecard for Architects
Black M: 72.9/134 509 195 521 440 355 145 412 187 447 3211 375 544 191 524 482 473 463 200 400 3652 6863
Gold M: 71.5/129 500 185 510 422 345 135 400 174 410 3081 358 523 182 494 454 432 443 180 385 3451 6532
Blue M: 69.6/127 W: 76.0/133 485 165 497 405 335 116 375 163 395 2936 348 500 159 475 400 405 423 171 355 3236 6172
Red W: 70.8/121 404 122 414 350 283 100 331 110 337 2451 291 437 138 407 354 352 350 142 311 2782 5233

Year Built 2001
Architect Ron Whitten (2001) Stephen Kay (2001)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire must be worn at all times. Jeans (denim), tee shirts, bathing or gym shorts, tank tops and halter-tops are not permitted.

Plays Long 61

Nice course worth the trip.

Nice course even though it rained a lot the night before and was walking only no carts out at all. The design make it very interesting and it's always well manicured and the greens are fast all the time. Go play it for yourself and see.

Worth playing , even wet.

Friendly staff, started 20 minutes before scheduled tee time. Practice green was same roll as course. Heavy rain the night before(as usual this monsoon season), course was no more wet than to be expected. Cart path only was to be expected and it did slow the pace. I feel this course was very good relative to the rediculous amount of rain this year. The course layout is fantastic and very much wide open. The bunkers were firm but had enough sand to make good shots. Water in some but no prob to find relief. Overall worth playing for sure, must be fantastic when dry.

One of the best public courses in New Jersey.

I have played this course many times. And I am never been disappointed. The reason I gave 4 stars was because of the air ration and coding on the greens. All courses do this this time of the year so I was not surprised but the green still ran pretty true and had good pace to them.,you must play this course to enjoy what a really good golf courses is like

Excellent experience

Played architects for the first time yesterday. The course was in excellent shape even after all the rain we’ve experienced over the last couple of weeks.. We teed off at 2 PM and did not have to wait at all. The layout of the course gives you quite a bit of variety And the open layout gives you a great chance of finding your ball on bad shot. Overall a great experience and a great course .

Read Policies

Make sure you read their cancellation and no show policies. First course I have ever played that made me pay for a no show before i teed off. Had a friend cancel late and they did not care. Even though there were open tee times all around when I played, they still wouldn’t let me tee off until I paid. They do provide a rain check for the no show. I went yesterday to use the rain check and the round cost $25 less than the rain check value. Tried to get a voucher for the difference or some gear in the shop and they responded “that is not how the policy works”. Bottom line, I really like the course but will not go back because I was so disappointed in their customer service during my last two rounds.

Fun Course

I visited Architects when in Pennsylvania for a visit with family this past week and was very pleased. I loved the themed holes with each hole inspired by a different course architect. Overall it is a fun links course, each hole fits together but still maintains its individuality. I arrived early for my 7:30 tee time and was sent out to play by myself and finished in 3 hours.

The only bummer was the front 9 had been aerated and I was unaware of that. The back 9 was normal, which was nice but I would have appreciated the heads up on the front.

Overall a fun and beautiful course!

Great course, not as great today

I play here several times per year. It's a great course. However, this past Saturday it was very wet. Cart path only for the front 9 and 90 degrees on the back. Usually conditions are good (4 stars) but I gave it a 3 today for conditions and pace of play. We waited on almost every hole. It was just the way the day went - not any one group was a problem. Cart path only made it very slow. Greens were more beat up than usual along with being aerated and overall conditions just not at their best. Still had a good time and will continue to play here.

Big improvement - KUDOS to the super

I player here a few weeks ago and had a horrible experience. All the traps were unplayable due to flooding. Pace of play was terrible and the staff were not particularly friendly.

The super has done a heroic job to bring the bunkers back to playing condition. I was very impressed. Pace of play improved to 4Hr round in spite of the cart path only rule. If you come here as a single you are treated as a second class citizen. Staff needs to be a lot more customer-centric.

Meatloaf said it best - 2 outta 3 ani't bad.

worth the trip

Started out as a single, joined up with another single for the back nine. Very good pace of play for late day. Take the time to visit this course, wide rolling fairways ,smooth greens, and spacious views make this course a worthy destination. The sand traps were washed out by the recent heavy rains but efforts were being made to restore them.

rain soaked slog

Sometimes things are too good to be true. Got a good rate for a Sunday round. The area received a ton of rain over the last week. The day before play we enjoyed a beautiful day. Management decided to have a cart path only rule. The Architects is a big golf course. Because of the cart path only rule the round turned into a slog of over 5 hours. There were a few places of mushy turf and more than one unplayable trap, but over all the course was pretty dry. IMHO, management over reacted and in so doing made for an unpleasant experience.

Nice time

The course was in good shape. The pace was very good as the course wasn't crowded at all. The golfnow hot deal offer a terrific price for a nice course. The weather was overcast which made it somewhat more comfortable. Overall a nice round.

Fun course, great layout

I try to play Architects as much as I can, course is always in great shape and pace of play is good. No easy holes, each has an interesting challenge/slope/green.

Love this course

My favorite course in the Lehigh Valley area. Great layout, superb condition, and greens were like a pool table. We got out early just ahead of an outing and played in 3 hours 15 mins.

AND through golfnow.com, we got a great price!

first round

Really fun layout and enjoyed the course. Played from the gold (~6400 yds) and got to hit every club in my bag which was nice. Greens rolled really well.

Strict Cancellation Policy

I had two late cancellations from my foresome, so we ended up with only two players. The starter wouldn’t let us tee off until I paid for the two cancellations. I will say the starter was respectful to my group, but firm in not letting us start without paying. After paying for the two cancellations, which they did provide rain checks for the rounds, we played our round. I asked to speak to a manager when we were done and I explained the late cancellations. I also explained how there were multiple open tee times after our group and it seemed strict to charge for both cancellations. The manager didn’t care, he said that was their policy.

I’m not denying their policy existed, I just think it’s poor business relations to charge for two cancellations if the course is obviously not fully booked.

Now I’m done complaining.

Phillipsburg, New Jersey