Baytowne Golf Club at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort is routed from the beach to the bay, providing stunning views along the way. The course rolls across the few elevation changes that the area has to offer. Although it opened in 1984, the golf course didn't reach its peak until it underwent extensive renovation in 2005, which were carried out by the original designer, Tom Jackson. The layout features rolling fairways lined with mature pines that are generous and times but can be tight when you least expect it. The large, undulating greens can also play faster than what you might be expecting. Water, which comes into play on 12 holes, is a prominent feature of Baytowne Golf Club as are the numerous bunkers strategically placed throughout.

Sandestin - Baytowne Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Jackson (1986) Tom Jackson (2005)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Playing Multiple Courses 20

Hello

The course today was not in very good shape. They have not mowed. The greens were extremely slow. But it is a resort course so I would expect it to be in better shape but the course itself was very easy.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi, dshea1964. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Pace of Play was terrible

First time in many years we have had to endure a 5+hour round of golf. We never saw a ranger on the course all day. We called the pro shop when we were 30 minutes behind pace and were told there were a number of tournaments being played and someone should have told us it was going to be very slow today. They did not... so advice would be to play this course early in the morning or not at all. The beverage cart was great and came by 4 times and the staff was cordial and friendly. Course was above average for the area but bunkers were littered with rocks and stones (But they were groomed)

Commented on 10/10/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hello, Debbie3231300. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Golf Channel

Good afternoon round

Played 36 holes today starting out with The Raven which are serviced out of the same clubhouse. Baytowne is a nice afternoon round compliment to the 5 star Raven. There are a bunch of teeing options and you can play this course from 3000-6,800 yds.

This course has houses closer to the fairways and more oversized bunkers and water defined by wooded planks and railroad ties. Conditions on this day played slower than The Raven.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for your review, MichaelLowe. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Another Great Day at San Destin Baytown

Course was in very good condition. Only issue was the range was closed to mow.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi sboecler. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Pleasant course with good greens

The course is a bit easier than some of the others in the complex. The layout of the back. is a little cramped and a ways away from the front nine. The first nine is was a lot of fun and seemed very consistent, the back nine was fun but I had the feeling it was designed by someone else. It was still fun but it felt different. I enjoyed the front better.
The staff is all very friendly and helpful. The cart girls will visit you a few times each round. The practice facility is very good.
I really liked the sandestin courses there,

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for your review, JFrasee. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Beautiful course

Course was in beautiful condition and the scenery was fantastic. We come every year and it’s amazing. Thank you

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi u7360370. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

The course was soggy from heavy rain the day before but still fun to play. We played 9 holes and it was a fun course to play. Friendly staff too.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi sturdyr. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/28/2019

Hello, vicpineda. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hello, Paul7222086. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented on 08/22/2019

Baytowne Golf

Greens recently aerated but otherwise excellent condition. We really enjoy this course.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Good resort course

Baytowne is a nice course with a generally good layout except for number 13. That hole should be demolished and play a 17 hole course. It’s almost like they said “we have to have 18 holes, so let’s use this little strip of wasteland behind some condos.” Worst hole in the Destin area...well...I finally got that off my chest.
Fairways were perfect. Greens were average, but putted consistently. Saw beverage cart on number 1 and 10, but that was it. Girl was nice, but we never saw her except right by the clubhouse. I had forgotten how small the greens were. Bunkers need a little more sand. Thin layer of sand over clay base. Cost me two double bogeys.
We really had a fun round, but if I had a choice I would play the Raven.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

Overpriced

Disclaimer - I played this course during an FSGA one-day event, and actually shot the round of my life, posting a 71, so I was extremely thrilled with the score.

All that said, I would not pay $99 to play this course, which is the going rate that Sandestin charges, at least that I see online for tee times. I honestly don't even think it was worth the $65 I paid, but I guess that's just my opinion, and to each his own.

Several things detract from this layout, which is why I say it's overpriced. First off, the conditions of these greens are not that great. Frankly they were somewhat shaggy and slow, at least compared to what I am used to. It took me a couple of holes to adjust to the green speeds being slower than normal for me. Also, there were a few tee boxes that need work. I should have to be searching for a decent spot on the tee box to put my peg in the ground, especially on a course charging the premium that they do here.

The other factor will probably always be a detraction for this course, is that there is constant traffic and noise that follows you around this course the entire way. There were constant golf carts from beachgoers and vacationers that simply were cruising by every hole that we played. Most of these golf carts were inhabited by non-golfers, so there was constant yelling and noise from their conversations and whatever; all of this while you are trying to concentrate on a round of golf. Sure, I get it, Sandestin is a huge resort and vacation destination for non-golfers and folks far and wide. But to try and play a round of golf on this course with the constant noise and distraction is a major negative to me, especially at the price Sandestin is asking to play this course.

The layout of this course is nice, and there are a few memorable holes (#16 will give you pause as you try and miss both the road OB right and water left). But I can think of at least a handful of courses not only locally here, but within a easy drive that will cost you less and make for a more enjoyable round of golf and in better condition, course wise as well.

Would I play this again? Absolutely. But would I pay $99 to do it. Not a chance.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Hi, Phillip. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by congratulating you on shooting the "round of your life" with us. This is very impressive and we're glad we can leave a lasting memory! We would like to apologize for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are extremely important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Please be assured that we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Bad Shape

Baytowne is in terrible condition. I played the Links at Sandestin the day before and loved it so decided to give Baytowne a chance. Big mistake. Greens are in terrible shape, teeboxes aren't mowed, and pace of play was awful. I strongly recommend skipping Baytowne and going to the Links at Sandestin or Indian Bayou.

Commented on 07/19/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We hope to see you again in the future.

A little pricy, but worth it

Staff is very friendly and informative. The course played great, and hardly any wait. It was a little bit pricy, but definitely get what you pay for.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.