Grande Golf Club

Black 72 7157 yards
Yellow (W) 72 5515 yards 71.7 122
Scorecard for Grande
Black M: 74.3/137 401 191 391 502 162 403 433 570 412 3465 386 563 187 447 584 392 480 214 439 3692 7157
Gold M: 73.1/136 386 187 385 489 148 373 413 537 375 3293 368 555 182 418 573 359 470 206 414 3545 6838
Blue M: 70.6/132 366 157 353 461 136 358 386 526 366 3109 342 529 167 392 559 343 431 177 394 3334 6443
White M: 68.3/121 W: 74.0/140 346 147 328 421 121 315 331 486 320 2815 338 468 155 364 503 337 397 163 371 3096 5911
Yellow W: 72.0/133 343 121 302 402 113 304 321 476 316 2698 295 410 130 331 493 292 343 158 365 2817 5515
Red W: 67.8/118 312 117 295 381 96 258 267 412 246 2384 293 392 115 309 411 240 281 106 254 2401 4785

Year Built 2001
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Ray Hearn

Michigan Advisor

Grande is place to play

I have played the Grande number of times. It has been few years since we played. It is still plays the same with undulating and true running greens and evaluation changes from tee boxes. Several blind second shots into greens and with the undulation best to miss in the right area. Now I said its been awhile since we played considering my rating on the course their must be an issue. In the past we have played in the afternoon taking advantage of more reasonable rates, unfortunately we did not enjoy the 5 to 6 hour rounds. This time we were the third tee time of the day, and played in just over 4 hours. My recommendation play early to avoid long waits. Part of the issue in the past for slow play as I remember tee times were 7 minutes apart, now appears increased to 8, 9 would be perfect. In addition lack of a ranger on the course. When we go back it will be in the morning.

A Grand time at the Grande!

It was a good time slapping the white ball around the elevations changes and the heather grasses at the Grande. I enjoyed the different par threes, and I got spanked on the 11th hole which is a monster. I almost lost a whole sleeve on that hole alone. Conditions were great! Greens roll true and fairway manicured well. Looking forward to going back.

Fantastic

I saw this course rated as one of the top public ones in Michigan so I wanted to check it out. The course layout is absolutely perfect! No two holes are alike at this club. I prefer the back 9 because it's an "up north" setting. I believe there were 6 sets of tee boxes so this place is great for all levels. If you don't mind a bit of a drive (coming from metro Detroit) then you need to play here.

Challenging, scenic, well maintained course

The Grande is a challenging, scenic, and well maintained course. I really enjoy playing it.

Beautiful pristine golf course!

Beautiful scenery, pristine conditions, and the golf now price made this my favorite course I've played this season! Truly a great golf experience!

Outstanding Challenge

During a recent visit to lower Michigan my wife and I came across Grande Golf Club on Golfnow.com. We were a little concerned when the pro shop personnel were surprised that my wife intended to play... "Most women find it too challenging" was the comment. And yes it is a challenging test of your golf skills. We found the design to be superb, the greens to be huge and difficult, the fairways to have humps, bumps, and side hill challenges galore. Because of the mature woods surrounding most of the fairways accuracy was at a premium... In short we had a "HOOT" my term for a great day. Played on a cool, crisp, bright sky Michigan day. Pace was excellent, course conditions were outstanding... I rate it nearly Pristine. If you are not completely jaded by this time of the season, check out this course.

another good day at the Grande

No issues on a beatiful but windy fall afternoon - lots of into the wind drives, but the course is wonderful to look at and play. Can't wait for fall colors

Huge Fairways, Pull Out the Driver

Had a layout similar to Majestic in Hartland. I do not think you could miss the fairways here if you tried. They were rolling, but some of the widest landing areas I have ever seen. Course was in pretty good shape with awesome wildlife and scenery. They need to redo their bunkers. They tried making these intricate shapes, but it's not working. They look cheesy.

Course was a little beat up but it is still a great track

We play this course for our league however it seems to be less maintained than in the past.

Fun and tough

I like that it only has a few blind shots. Big greens

This courses layout is superb

Greens and fairways were shotty when I played. Ball marks all over the greens. Other then that beautiful course with an excellent layout and shots u want to hit over and over again.

Great all around course

With golfnow this course is a real steal considering the value. Great holes, unique hole layouts. Challenging holes, great sights, hazards, bunkers all placed fairly. 6 tee boxes to fit all level of golfers. Highly recommend this course to anyone.

The course has a beautiful layout.

The greens are great but challenging to put (large and undulating). There are plenty of bunkers/traps to make you hit precise shots and enough swamps/water hazzards to challenge you.

Good Jackson Course

Overall great course. My only complaint was the greens and tee boxes. The greens were huge and very receptive, they seemed soft most of the round even though I played a later morning round. My complaint is that they were a bit to soft, meaning previous players shoe tracks were stuck in the green making it hard for a smooth rolled putt to keep in line. My previous round prior to this round I compiled 31 putts, while during this round I took 41 putts!! Some of that had to due with some nice undulation, but a lot of putts just bumped off line due to the holes and bumps from previous players...I would recommend letting them dry out a bit to improve roll. Lastly, while the tee boxes were in great condition, a lot of them had severe slopes making it hard to find level spots to tee up. Other than those items it was a great course...I'll be back!

This is a great track

A friend recommended this course to me, and I was not disappointed. Truly "up north" layout, many holes are cut out of the pines and woods that comprise the land. The course is well-marked for distances.

Best course in Jackson area

Great value and challenging. Not a good course for a beginner, but perfect for average golfer or someone that needs a challenge

Great course for a great price.

This course offers some tee times where they are begging you to play. Let me say that you should take them up on that. A great course that lies under most peoples radars. The only downside is the thick heather sometimes can snatch up shots where other courses might be more forgiving but if you play good shots the scores here are sure to follow.

One of the best courses in Jackson!

Very challenging and scenic course. Many unique holes and tough greens. Great value for the money on GolfNow

Course was great. Pace of play terrible.

Course was in great shape and very fun to play for the cheap price we got. BUT I am unsure if I would play there again. The pace of play was terrible! Over 5 hours for 18 holes. The group in front of us played the blues. They should have been on the whites if not closer. They regularly hit multiple balls off of the tee and took 4-5 practice swings for their 8-10 strokes a hole (rushing a swing doesn't help, but come on; it went 5 yards!) In all fairness this was a Sunday afternoon in July with nice weather and we did not ask to pass as we thought it was the whole course as the group directly in front was slow, but they were waiting to take their shots as well. But by the end we could tell this was not happening on the whole course, just with the two groups in front of us. There was never a ranger on any of the holes to speak with on this, just the starter. We were going to go inside to complain at the end, but after that long we just wanted to get the heck out of there. This would have been a 4 star review at least if it were not for this pace of play. Again very nice course, just slow.

The course was in great shape.

The pro shop attendant was not happy with golfnow, saying that they have had problems with their booking times, especially when only one person purchases a tee time. That being said, they were accomodating in getting me a new tee time within a reasonable length of time.

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018