Style Links
Heritage Shores Golf Club

Year Built 2007
Architect Arthur Hills (2007)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Discover or Mastercard accepted

Heritage SHores 11-11-2019

Perfect day for golf!
Did not like the fact that such a Nice course would dare to charge players $6 for Range Balls, and have a Very Large Grass driving range and make you hit of poor mats.
Overall the course was in decent shape. I have seen and played in when it was alot better.

I am a 6 handicap and have a good feel for gold courses.
Rate it today a B-

Too tough!

The course was in great shape and played fair although the greens were very fast and tricky. My main complaint is that the hazards are disruptive and some of the pin placements were more like mini golf. For example right near a STEEP ridge an the green. On multiple par 5s you drive straight then have to go way right or you'll go in the water then back left to the green. Even from the regular tees you need to be a big hitter.

Very nice facility but......

Great course and facility. The only sour point was the attitude of the starter. He acted like since we were not regulars we were not important. He also gave us some attitude that was not deserved. We had to travel 1 1/2 hours to play here so made sure we were an hour early. Wouldn't give us a cart and just acted like we were not there. Yucked it up pretty good with his buddies though. It made a very nice course/experience not so good. I would definitely play there again but if he was there and did the same garbage I would make SURE the pro was very aware. He shouldn't be in a position of dealing with the public with that kind of disposition. People do not need this when they are spending their hard earned $. Didn't seem like he was just having a bad day since he treated the regulars just fine. Maybe it was because we were trunk slammers but still no excuse. Again, the course was great even with the plugged greens except for this guy. We are golfing our way across the US and this was our Delaware stop.Its a shame that we will have this as a memory of an otherwise good experience.

Best value around

Played today and it was delightful (although hot.) I play regularly, but my family members do not, so we were the reason for the pace of play issue. However, the people that we talked to were all pleasant, so that does factor in to how good a time we had. The conditions were good, not great, but it is the middle of August so it was perfectly reasonable. There are a few courses around the area but they will skew on the expensive side. If you want to just have a good time without a upscale price, I would recommend.
The course itself is not too challenging, you just need to be careful on the right holes. Again, no need to grind, no need to have everything overdone, just go any play an enjoyable track.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for your kind review. We're glad that enjoyed our course and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

No more GPS

We love this course. Always in good shape, staff friendly (most of the time, had some crazy thunderstorms with hail a few days before and we got rain checks so plus there)
But they had GPS in the carts last season and every season I’ve played before and it’s clearly stated when you book that they offer GPS... THEY NO LONGER HAVE GPS IN THE CARTS. Major disappointment especially since the price didn’t change.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will ensure to adjust future communications. We are glad you enjoy the course and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

What happened?

This place has really let itself go...it’s so bad right now it’s a shame use to be a decent place to play but the course is very very rough

Awesome course. We had a heatwave for at least 7 consecutive days and the course was in great shape. Greens were in great condition and so were the fairways. I was not aware the flip flop the front and back nines. Now you start in what used to be the back nine and finish in the front nine.

Needs some work

We we're wrapping up a guys weekend and needed a course on the way back towards the Bay bridge. We do this every year, and try to change up the get away course. HS will not be in the rotation again. The starter was a jerk a the whole time despite not being busy. We asked for some extra tees and he directed me to the demo day tents to ask them for tees. The greens were beat up, but the other courses in the area were practically perfect. There were a lot of bare patches in them and had just been aerated. The area to check in is tiny with no amenities. The halfway house is a full service restaurant and does not cater to the golfers. No beverage cart on the course. Also, they charged me for warm up balls despite them being stacked at the range stations.
The course set up is nice, but too short from the blue tees. Lots of water everywhere.
In all, an ok experience, but not up to par with other area courses at close to the same price.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize your experience with us was anything less than stellar. We are working hard to improve the customer experience.

Even good for winter golf

Tees fairway and bunkers in good condition. Greens had lots of sand and aerator holes so putting condition were poor. Still a fine day in cold sun and we enjoyed the day. Frost delayed TeeOff by 1/2 hr but pace was fine.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your day with us and hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/06/2019

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again soon!

Excellent course

Lots of great risk reward shots with water lurking if you try to shorten the hole. Must be water hazards on at least 16 holes. Unless you have a really good day you will drown a couple. Greens fairways in great shape for late season even prime season. Very reasonable rates right now. Book it danno !

Great Southern Delaware course

Course and staff were great only issue was recent aeration and greens are still healing.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your patience as the greens continue to heal. We have an amazing staff and are so glad that you had a great experience with us. Looking forward to having you back again soon.

Christmas golf

Considering all the rain we had this year the course is holding up well. Staff is great as always and not much of a frost delay. Had some beer and food in bar and is was reasonable snd service was great

Not the best time of year to play here.

Course was in rough shape due to recent rain. Pace was very slow. 5 hrs. Staff didn't seem to do much to speed it up.

Tough Conditions

I have played here 1/2 dozen times and I enjoyed myself every other time. . This time the course is in bad shape was not worth the cost. Fairways not cut and rough over 6" deep. Lost 5 golf balls that that went into rough you just couldn't find the ball. Ridiculous at best. I understand we have had rain but the last time was Thursday this is Sunday they could have gotten out and cut the grass.

Great layout

The course design is excellent, unique hole and no two look alike. The geeens were just punched so they were slow and unpredictable. Fairway have suffered from summer rains, but could recover for fall golf.

Seaford, Delaware